ℂhapter 36

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-six      the gift.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

It was Byunghyun who intervened and rescued Arang. As soon as Daehyun had touched her, the bystander wasted no time and sprang into action. Arang was his friend. They might quarrel like cats and dogs but that was how their friendship functioned. She was someone he couldn’t picture his life without. Although he would never publically disclose it, he loved Arang. It was a platonic love, of course. The sort of love that existed between companions, nothing more than that.

She was like the sister he never had. He refused to let her become the number one most hated citizen in the Republic of Korea. Nobody liked cheaters. Arang’s case might be an exception since she wasn’t actually dating Kim Taehyung but the rest of the world didn’t know that. And if there was something people hated more than a cheater it would have to be a lying cheater.

Speechless, dumbfounded, baffled.

These words couldn’t even begin to describe Arang. Why was Daehyun so insistent? As far as she knew, they were mere strangers. There was no reason for him to be acting like this. Just because she had one meal with him and his groupmates against her will, he thought that they could be friends? “I think we should leave now,” announced Byunghyun. He grabbed the girl by the shoulders and prodded her toward the exit.

“Wait, I’m not done yet.” Daehyun pointed out, rushing after them. They were all outside, being embraced by the cool summer night air. Plastered on each of their faces was a completely different countenance. Byunghyun looked peeved and anxious. Arang was still stuck in a stupor while the expression Daehyun had on was serious and unreadable. People strolling by casted lazy glances at the three of them. Since they were older, they didn’t pay much attention and carried on with their own business.

Finally regaining her senses, Arang glanced up and locked eyes with Daehyun. “Are you always this aggressive when you’re trying to make friends? Do you do this to everyone you meet? I’m sorry but I don’t want to be associated with you. If you care about me at all, you’d understand what kind of situation I’d be in if we’re spotted together. You don’t seem like a bad guy. However, if you keep on chasing after me, my perspective of you might change.”

Daehyun’s eyebrows bunched together and he held his head up high. “So what if I’m famous? It’s not like we’re doing anything wrong by being friends. If we get photographed together, we could easily explain ourselves. You’re a unique character, So Arang. And from the looks of it, you don’t seem to have many friends either. I don’t get why it’s so hard for you to accept me. I’m a person like everyone else. I deserve a fair shot, too, don’t you think?”

He wasn’t wrong. Having friends wasn’t a crime. Since their paths seemed to be entwined perhaps this was fate’s way of telling her that she couldn’t escape Daehyun, no matter how much she tried. Maybe they were meant to be friends. This was the fourth time she had run into him and Arang wasn’t someone who believed in coincidences.

“Look here,” Byunghyun huffed as he took a step forward, his chest puffed out. He was attempting to be intimidating. His mouth opened but he was stopped from speaking another word by Arang who placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Fine.” She conceded. Her eyes never abandoned Daehyun as she studied him. “If you want to be friends with me so much, let’s give it a shot. We’re not doing anything illegal.”

Byunghyun’s eyes rounded in stagnation and Daehyun’s lit up in delight. “Arang, what do you think you’re doing? This is a horrible idea.” Byunghyun hissed.

She brushed him off and extended her hand out. “Hi, I’m So Arang. It’s nice to meet you...”

“Daehyun.” He stated, slipping his hand into hers. “Jung Daehyun.” 

•••

 

“Sweetheart, I don’t think you should go around wandering by yourself at night anymore.” Mr. So said as he flipped through the channels, searching for something entertaining to watch.

“I’ll be okay, dad.” Arang replied as she removed her shoes. “Besides, I wasn’t alone. I was with some—friends.”

“You still have to be cautious,” he warned. “You don’t know what kind of crazy lunatics you’ll run into in the future. It’s better to be safe than sorry.”

“Oh would you stop it already.” His wife groaned as she shook her head. She had just finis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter