ℂhapter 37

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty-seven      something fruity.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

The sound of flowing water was most definitely pacifying. The nerves that had been bombarding Arang non-stop ever since she had unveiled her so-called present slowly started to disappear as she listened to the soothing hum produced by the river. Countless thoughts were spinning around in her mind. What was she supposed to do? How was she going to resolve this issue? She could reply to the ominous threat but fighting fire with fire usually didn’t end too well. She couldn’t risk further angering the offender who could be capable of anything.

The atrocious recollection of the poor doves caused her to shudder.

Taehyung had his hands stuffed into the pocket of his jeans, his posture relaxed. He was strolling side by side with Arang. They hadn’t exchanged too many words after they had climbed into the car and you know what? He was okay with it. The silence was a tad bit suffocating but it was bearable. It was actually kind of enjoyable, too. Although he liked hearing her banter incessantly with him, sometimes moments like these were worth treasuring as well.

They were at Cheonggyecheon River Park, one of Taehyung’s favorite places to visit when he had the luxury to do so. It was pretty during the day but in his opinion it was absolutely enchanting once nightfall arrived. The dim lights that were installed into the walls and ground guided pedestrians along the path so that they wouldn’t go astray. The various colors of LED lights incorporated made the water shimmer and shine.

Of course this phenomenon only occurred during special celebrations and holidays which meant that there was no brightly colored water present tonight.

The season was summer which meant an abundant number of high school and college students would be out and about around this time, trying to have some fun in this glorious city they resided in. It was late but that didn’t bother them. Fortunately for Taehyung and Arang, not many people frequented the park at this unholy hour. Sure there were a few stragglers here and there but the two of them managed to explore the area without being noticed or so they believed.  

“This place is nice,” Arang said at last.

“Yeah, I know.” Taehyung smiled, looking at his feet. “I came here often while I was still a trainee.” He explained. “I like that it doesn’t get as crowded as the Han River.”

The girl nodded. “Did the other members come here with you, too?”

There was a prolonged pause. “No,” supplied Taehyung. “They don’t know that this is where I run off to when I want some time to myself. No one does. It would defeat the purpose, don’t you think?”

Arang came to a halt. Taehyung didn’t realize she was no longer in motion and continued progressing forward. “Then why did you tell me?” Her question paralyzed Taehyung almost instantly as he stopped dead in his tracks. Why did he bring Arang here out of all places? He could have taken her somewhere else yet he chose the one place that held so much significance and meaning to him.

Ever so slowly, he spun around. There were a good seven yards separating them.

Even with the distance, he was still afraid that the girl would somehow be able to hear the unnatural thumping of his heart.

“Because…” He stalled, trying to think of a reasonable explanation.

Then Arang approached him. She cocked her head to the side and blinked at him when they were less than twelve inches apart. “Do you, perhaps, like me, Kim Taehyung?” An inaudible gasp escaped his lips while his eyes widened for a quick second. His palms started to perspire as they locked gazes.

Was that what it was?

Was Taehyung actually falling for the infamous So Arang?

Her stare made him slightly uncomfortable and he wasn’t too fond of the sensation. His brain wasn’t able to form coherent sentences either, which was why he didn’t answer her properly.  

Suddenly the girl broke out into a wide grin as she straightened her neck. “I’m just kidding with you.” She chimed playfully. Taehyung’s mouth fell ajar but Arang prevented him from speaking. “I know, I know. You don’t have to tell me. You hate me and can’t stand my guts.” She strutted by him, the smile on her face vanishing.

“You’re not the only one.” She whispered to herself.

After that incident, the two of them didn’t say another word to each other. They weren’t walking next to each other anymore. They were lost in their own worlds, their minds occupied by different matters. Arang was ahead by a few feet while Taehyung lagged behind. Anyone looking at them would assume that they were a couple that were fighting.

They weren’t too far apart to be considered strangers nor were they too close to signify an exuberant pair.

Half an hour had gone by in the blink of an eye and they returned to the car. It was the same atmosphere inside the vehicle. Like a robot, Taehyung found the route back to Arang’s home without any problems. He waited until she entered the complex before he drove off. Back in his room, he flopped onto his bed and meditated on Arang’s words.

She was wrong.

He used to hate her and the mere sight of her used to ignite the fury hibernating in the pit of his stomach but now, now it wasn’t the same.

The loathsome feeling he once had toward her was gone. Although Taehyung wasn’t sure about what he felt for her at the moment, he knew that whatever it was, it wasn’t detestation. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter