ℂhapter 30

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter thirty      the little alien.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Arang adjusted the strap of Eunmi’s diaper bag on her shoulder and discreetly stole a glimpse of Taehyung who was standing in front of her. She swallowed and tried to organize her thoughts. Why was none of this making any kind of sense to her? Most normal people wouldn’t question nice things that happened to them. They would simply accept them without a second thought but Arang had always been a skeptic. She couldn’t help but wonder what Taehyung would gain from today. She understood that he had to play the role of her loving boyfriend. However, what he was doing wasn’t really necessary in her opinion.

Nothing he had done so far would benefit him in any sort of manner. So what was his motive? Did he just want to score a few brownie points with her family? But even if that was his intention Arang was more than capable of holding her own baby sister. Honestly, Taehyung was being way too nice for her liking and it was a bit uncomfortable for Arang. Was he going to demand something from her later? That had to be it. There was no chance he, out of all people, would act like this without a hidden agenda. It was unlike him.

“Oppa, where are we?” Aesook questioned as the elevator pinged and the doors pried apart. The noise broke Arang out of her trance as she regained her composure.

Taehyung led the way with the child’s hand in his own while he held the baby carrier seat with Eunmi tucked securely inside in the other. “We’re at oppa’s house.” He declared as he released her hand. He slid the lock up and entered the passcode. “You’re going to get to meet my friends.” He smiled. The door opened and Aesook scurried inside, ecstatic to be introduced to his buddies. If they were even half as charming and handsome as Taehyung was, she would definitely like them.

The four of them arrived to an empty dorm and of course Aesook was taken aback. Did Taehyung have imaginary friends like she did? No, that’s not it. The rest of the boys were back at the agency, getting in some more practice; they had assured the couple that they would return shortly to join them for lunch. When Taehyung had called them to ask if it was alright for her siblings to come over and visit, a majority of the feedback was positive. Some of the members didn’t think it was a big deal but it wasn’t the same case for others, namely the youngest of the group.

At the news that they would be having guests over, Jungkook had immediately thought of Saeyoung. A frown had appeared on his face and he didn’t bother to hide his displeasure. He remembered how she snapped at him because he had condemned her sister’s action and dreaded at the thought of having to see her again.

He didn’t have a good feeling about her.

She was obviously a fan of theirs since she was at their fan-meeting but that didn’t give her the right to abuse Arang’s relationship with Taehyung. She could end up being a crazed, psycho-stalker for all he knew. Jungkook was definitely going to keep his guard up around her. Who knows what could happen if he was careless.

Carefully, Taehyung put Eunmi down in front of the couch. Arang took a seat on the floor in front of her and unbuckled her belt. The baby was awake and by the way she was stretching her arms out, it was obvious that she wanted to be picked up. With a smile, Arang removed Eunmi from the carrier. Aesook was busy running around the apartment with Taehyung chasing after her. Laughter echoed through the place and then a high-pitched screeched ensued. “I’ve got you now.” Taehyung lifted the little girl off of the ground and pretended to eat her since he was the monster.

“Aesook, calm down. This is not our house.” Arang stated. She didn’t want to disturb the neighbors.

“It’s fine.” Taehyung replied. “The apartments are sound-proof here. If it wasn’t, we would have gotten a lot of complaints already, especially when we watched horror movies with Yoongi. Anyways, what should we order? I’m craving some cold noodles.”

“I’m fine with whatever.” Arang shrugged. “What about you, Aesook? What do you want to eat?”

“I want to eat whatever oppa eats!” She chimed happily.

Without being asked, Taehyung turned the television on and flipped through the channels until he found one with cartoons being aired. As though she had been hypnotized, Aesook instantly dropped to the floor. She crossed her legs and focused her eyes on the vivacious animation playing in front of her. “How’d you know to do that?”

“This is what my mom does whenever she wants me to stay still.” He muttered. “Works every single time.”

“Don’t you mean did?” Arang corrected. The boy looked at her and slapped on a lopsided grin. That one action told Arang all she needed to know. “You’re kidding. You’re nineteen and your mother still has to put cartoons on for you to behave? Unbelievable.”

“What can I say? I’m a kid at heart.” Taehyung laughed with a shrug.

The tone to the front door sounded and when Aesook heard chattering, she broke out of her trance and rushed over to the entrance. Her presence surely took the boys, who had just arrived home, by surprise. Everyone with an Adam’s apple froze as they looked at the little girl in front of them. She had her head positioned at a slight angle while her bright and shimmering eyes scanned them. Where did this tiny person come from? No one made a move, mainly because nobody knew what to do. Was she perhaps a fan of theirs? If so she was probably the youngest follower they’ve ever had.

Taehyung joined the seven of them moments later, his brows arched up. “Guys?” His friends turned their attention toward him before they slowly put the pieces together. “This is Aesook. She’s Arang’s little sister.” He introduced.

Their chests deflated in relief once they discovered that she was not some random stranger. Because let’s be honest here, any normal person would freak out if an unknown child was inside of their house.  One by one, the boys all greeted Aesook. They made sure to tell her their names and although a few of them (okay most of them) were uncomfortable, they still tried to be as friendly as possible. Interacting with children was not the same as interacting with teenaged girls, there’s no mystery there.

Yoongi was the first to enter the living room. He was glancing over his shoulder as he was speaking. “Wow, did your sister shrink since the last time we saw her?” He turned to look at Arang only to stop dead in his tracks at the sight before him.

“I think you’re talking about Saeyoung.” Arang chortled. “She didn’t want to hang out with us today. She made pla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter