ℂhapter 19

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter nineteen      strictly business.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Taehyung sighed for the umpteenth time as he stared at the desktop. He was in the middle of contemplating. Should he do it or should he just ignore it? Talking to her as soon as possible was a must. It was necessary for them to establish their cover story because if they didn’t he was positive that their plan was not going to be successful. Sure he could care less about what would happen to Arang if they were to get caught for lying. However, he would definitely receive a lot of back lash from the public as well and that would not do him any good.

For now he had to focus on making up for all of the scandals and problems he’s caused. He had to do this not only for himself but for the guys too. His actions did in fact affect the entire group as a whole whether he wanted them to or not. That’s how life as an idol worked. Even if only one member messed up, the rest would still have to deal with the consequences as well; it was inevitable. It wasn’t fair but that was reality.

Taehyung had been sitting idly in front of the computer for the past ten minutes now. He had just gotten back after having finished an interview and photo-shoot. The rest of the boys decided to grab some ice cream but he rejected the tempting offer. He told them that he had wanted to go back and squeeze in a quick nap before they had to resume their rigorous schedule. Without suspicion they went their separate ways.  

When he had gotten back, Taehyung tried to sleep but failed in doing so. He was extremely bored and his mind accidentally wandered over to Arang. Since he had some time to spare, he figured why not go over the details with her. “This is strictly business,” was what he chanted to himself over and over again as his fingers danced above the keyboard.

He didn’t know why he was hesitating so much. So what if he approached her first? It wasn’t like he had given her his number during the exchange. Yeah that’s right. He didn’t have any other option, this was his only choice. And with that rather lame but very reasonable excuse, he opened the browser up.

Unnecessarily he cracked his knuckles (as if he was about to perform something that required a lot of energy and work), typed the email address he hadn’t touched in ages along with what he believed to be the password into their respective boxes and pressed enter. The page refreshed but instead of logging on it stated in red letters that either the email or the password used was invalid.

“What? I swear that’s the password.” Taehyung groaned. He was a hundred percent sure he had it. Rifling through his memories for other words he might have used when he was younger, he ended up trying a bunch of different passwords. Still he got nowhere. This was beginning to get really annoying.

After having had enough, he slammed his palms onto the desk and shot up from the seat. He was beyond frustrated by this point in time. “Whatever, I don’t care.” He fumed as he stalked away, acting like he would never come back. Less than ten seconds surpassed before he bolted back, ing his behind back into the chair. He decided to make a new account and once he was registered he puffed his chest out in triumph.

Next he took out his smartphone and scrolled down to Arang’s name. He clicked on it and her contact information appeared. He copied everything he saw into the recipient’s space and prepared himself to write the body of the message. After he wrote everything he needed, he inserted a subject heading and sent the email. He didn’t know when he would get a reply from the girl and didn’t want to miss it so he sat there waiting for a notification to tell him that he had new mail.

To kill time he carried out random tasks.

He spun around in the chair until he felt like hurling.

He played Flappy Bird on his phone, his highest score being six.

He hummed No More Dream at least five times.

Hell he even ended up staring at the ceiling!

An hour flew by and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Taehyung’s phone started to ring and he grumpily answered.

It was Jimin. “Whoa, why do you sound so crabby?” His friend queried.

“I do not sound crabby.” He huffed in defense. “What’s up?”

“Our manager said it’s time to go. Are you ready?”

Unconsciously Taehyung peered over to the desktop before he got up onto his feet and trudged over to the door. “Yeah, I’ll meet you guys downstairs.”

In the van the boys were making a ruckus, hooting and hollering, all but one member of course. Taehyung had signed into his new Gmail account and was impatiently tapping his foot. A hand covered his mouth while he released agitated sighs. What was she doing? Why hadn’t she responded to him yet? What happened to actually putting in the effort to make their relationship seem more realistic? Didn’t she know what a busy person he was? She should feel special that he took the time to email her. How ungrateful of her.

“Are you waiting for something?” Jungkook peered over, trying to steal a glimpse of what Taehyung was so concentrated on but to his astonishment, the older boy immediately locked his phone and tucked it under his armpit.

“N-nothing! I’m not waiting for anything!” He fumbled, whipping his head toward the window. Was he that obvious?

“Hey, why don’t you invite Arang over? Tonight’s movie night.” Hoseok suggested.

“Yeah, it’d be fun to watch a horror movie with a girl!” Yoongi clappe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter