ℂhapter 20

Go Away, Mr Idol | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  ✽✽✽   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
     chapter twenty      drawing the line.

   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    ________________________________________  

Once she locked everything up with the assistance of her fellow coworkers, Arang bade her farewell and departed toward the main entrance of the mall. The security guard who often patrolled around this time to make sure there were no burglars lurking in the dimly lit floors flashed Arang a warm and gummy smile. “Be careful on the walk home.” He advised.

The elder was always amiable to her, telling her to beware of her surroundings whenever she worked the closing shift. His genuine concern for her reminded Arang that good people still did exist. He was an older gentleman, probably in his late forties. His hair was beginning to turn into a metallic looking silver and Arang had to admit it was a pretty cool sight. When she was older and her scalp started sprouting gray strands of hair without her permission she was hoping that it would be like his.

“No need to worry. I have an tonight. I’m sure I’ll be fine. Have a nice night, Mr. Lee.” She pushed the door open and a slightly cool breeze swept by her. She scanned the vicinity and easily spotted the boy dressed in his typical black mask and hoodie leaning against a pillar. Because he didn’t look sketchy and mistrustful at all. He really needed to reconsider his rather conspicuous incognito outfit. It wasn’t working out for him.

He stuck out like a sore thumb. Anybody walking by would have taken notice of him with alarms blaring in their heads. If some felonious crime had been committed around the area, he would have definitely been the prime suspect.

Arang walked up to him but he didn’t know she had arrived since he was so absorbed in whatever it was that he was reading on his phone. She had to cough to get his attention. Taehyung nearly had a heart attack as he glanced up. “Oh my god,” he jumped, clutching onto his chest. Where did she come from? What was she? A ghost? How come he didn’t hear her drawing near?  

“Relax. It’s just me.” Arang replied, trying not to scoff in his face. How could a guy get startled over something like that? Perhaps she would have been better off on her own.

Taehyung was able to recover quickly as he fixed his posture. “I know. That’s why I was so frightened. My mom was right. Monsters do come out at night.” He pretended to shudder which earned a scowl from Arang.

“What? Were you perhaps afraid of monsters when you were little?” How childish of him. Didn’t he know adults lied about that kind of stuff to get their kids to be obedient and to listen to them? She then took step in his direction and pulled his mask down. “If you’re going to come to my job looking like a sociopath you’re better off coming as yourself. Even though in my opinion there really isn’t a difference.”

Seeing the peeved expression on his face made Arang feel extremely proud of herself. Did he seriously think that he could outdo her when it came to insults? This was her area of expertise they were talking about here! She had plenty of practice, especially after having been friends with someone like Byunghyun for a long time.

He refused to take the loss on this one though. “I’m sure you know what a sociopath looks like since you run into one every time you stare into a mirror.” Taehyung really wanted to give himself a pat on the back for that one.

Arang faked a yawn and crossed her arms against her chest. “Wow I haven’t heard that one before. How original of you. How long did it take for you to come up with that? Ten years?” How could a girl as cantankerous and maddening as Arang be allowed to walk the face of the Earth?

What was God trying to do? Plague mankind with her sharp tongue?

Before he could utter another word, the girl strutted by him. “Are we going or what? I have to be home by midnight.” She announced, not bothering to wait for him. She didn’t even know where she was going! Why was she leading? That was his job! Taehyung jogged up after her and didn’t bother to hide his distaste.

“You don’t even know the way to our dorm. Why are you waltzing off like you own the place?”

“Who said I didn’t know where it was? I asked your mom to give me the address in case you decided to bail out on me and have me wait for you like an idiot as revenge.” She replied honestly. Yes she doubted Taehyung but it was hard to trust somebody like him.

They crossed the street in accordance with the light. At the kiosk where the bus was supposed to pick them up at Arang plopped down and took a seat on the metal bench since she had been on her feet all day. Taehyung, on the other hand, stood tall.  

“My mom?” His face scrunched up into one of confusion. Seconds later it shifted into one filled with anger. “Did you go to agency just for that? Yah, are you stupid? What would have happened if you got attacked again? It could have been dangerous, especially because I wasn’t there! I told you I was going to pick you up! If I say I will do something I will be a man and follow through.”

Arang frowned, not pleased with the fact that he was yelling at her. “Yah! Who are you calling stupid? Who said I went to the agency? I texted her! Why do you think smartphones were invented?”

Taehyung’s mouth fell ajar in stagnation. “What?” He started to massage his temples as he spoke through gritted teeth. “Are you saying that you gave yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter