Chapter 5

Why I Like You

What business? Never see him again? I didn’t want that! I thought as I felt the necklace on my neck. I would’ve traded all these things he had bought for me just to see him once again…

 

We started walking down the street and I was wondering where we were going.

-dugeun dugeun- My heart was beating fast as we walked and I had no idea why…

The sun was already starting to set and I realised how pretty it looked. ”The sky looks really pretty now…” I commented.

He looked away and mumbled something but I couldn’t tell what he was saying.

I smiled at him and said, “Thank you for today,” once again even though he said not to.

We continued walking, hand in hand and I couldn’t help but smile and cherish this moment.

We soon stopped in front of an expensive restaurant and I was amazed by how different it looked compared to my father’s restaurant.

He let go of my hand and opened the front door for me to get in.

“Wahh! It’s so pretty!” I exclaimed in wonder as we walked inside. I saw big chandeliers spread out across the room. He smirked, looking proud of himself and took my hand again. We started walking past some tables, making people look at us.

I didn’t like their looks so I tried to ignore them. People never would’ve looked at me like that when I was with my appa… it was like we were from two very different worlds…

We went to a different room which had 3 people inside. “Appa, Umma. Meet Seohyun… My fiancée,” he said.

His parents were speechless and though they looked like they had a million questions to ask. I also had many questions to ask him but he tightened his hold on my hand to tell me to ask questions later.

I let go of his hand and bowed to them saying, “Annyeong haseyo, Seohyun imnida!”

I looked up and smiled at them though all they did was keep their shocked expressions on Kyuhyun.

He went to pull out a seat for me to sit on but as I was about to sit, his father coughed. “Cho Kyuhyun… meet Miss Jung Sooyeon, otherwise known as Miss Jessica Jung. Your new fiancée…”

She smiled sweetly at Kyuhyun and said, “It’s nice to meet you~”

He ignored her and went to sit down in the seat next to mine . -cough cough- “As I was saying earlier, I’m planning to marry Hyunnie next month. Is that all you need to ask?”

“Hyu-Hyunnie?” his mother asked as she acted as though she was fainting. “Aigoo!”

Kyuhyun stood up and I followed his action. He took my hand walked out the door proudly, smiling. I quickly bowed to his parents before we went out the door although they didn’t seem to acknowledge my action.

I heard Jessica scoff as we left as well as she her annoyed expression at the corner of my eye.

When we walked out, I gathered up my courage to ask him what was going on… But all he did was turn to me and smirk.

“Aigoo~” I said softly to myself… What did I get myself into? Well… it was much more than I thought it would be…

We walked down the street, hand in hand, in silence. I was still shocked from what had happened earlier but he wouldn’t tell me what it was about.

He let go of my hand and got into the car. To be honest, I was disappointed when he let go of my hand but I couldn’t say anything. I got into the car and throughout the whole way to my house we were still silent.

When we arrived at my house, I gathered the shopping bags from earlier and said to him, “Thank you for today,” and bowed though he grabbed my wrist as I started to walk off.

“Wait!” he said to me and looked at me in the eyes when I turned to look at him.

I was shocked from his sudden touch but I didn’t dislike it.

He let go of my wrist and coughed, looking away. “I'm sorry... I know I said you would only be my girlfriend for a day but it might be way more complicated that that... I'm not going to return the phone strap back yet... I'll call you when I need you next."

I nodded and went inside. He was acting weirder than before… I told my Appa that I came home and went upstairs into my room. I put down my bags on my bed and laid down on it.

Why did I feel like he was going to leave me soon? I didn’t care about him making me his fiancée but all I wanted was the truth…