Chapter 12

Why I Like You

I glanced over at Kyuhyun as his driver took us to the amusement park. The driver’s presence made me feel slightly at ease but I was still worried and nervous.

My heart wouldn’t stop beating and even though there was so much I wanted to ask to him about, the words just wouldn’t come out of my mouth.

He looked back at me and smiled kindly. I blushed and looked away quickly.

“So… have you ever been to the amusement park?” he asked me. It seemed like he was trying to fill up the awkwardness between us and I really appreciated that.

I nodded and answered, “Y-Yes, but only once when I was younger, and that was with my mother and with father but I’ve always seemed to avoid it ever since the incident… But now I feel like I’m ready to get over the incident…” I smiled at him at the last part.

 I’ve never been the type to hold grudges but whenever I thought about my mother’s sudden death, I would get this horrible feeling to want to get the people who caused it to feel the same kind of pain… I hated that feeling but when I was near Kyu, I would forget all about those memories…

“I-I see…” he said and looked away distantly.

I wondered what I should say next but then I suddenly blurted out, “It’s because of you that I decided to get over with the past… you make me forget about all the bad memories I have... after all, I have the future to look forward to.”

He chuckled sadly and said, “I wonder…”

I didn’t know what he meant by that but it sure felt like he was hiding something from me…

The mood went dark after that talk so I tried to make it better. “Umm… What’s your favourite ride in the amusement park?”

“Ah… probably the ferris wheel. When it reaches the top, I always feel like my worries will disappear once it goes down.”

“I see… I like the ferris wheel too! I love seeing the world in a different perspective and it was the last ride that I went on…”

“Shall we go on it today then?” he asked me and I nodded.

We soon reached the amusement park and we got out of the car. We began walking towards the entrance and I called Yoona, to see if she was coming soon.

-ring ring- “Hello~” Yoona answered.

“Unni! Are you coming soon because we just arrived!”

“Ah… about that, mianhe Seororo! Things popped up so I can’t go~ You can stay with Kyu for the day right?”

“Ah… ne unni.”

“Alright then~ I’ll be hanging up now! Bye!” she said brightly.

“Bye bye unni…” I said as she hanged up.

I looked over at Kyuhyun and he smiled brightly. “Is she coming with Minho now?”

I shook my head and said to him, “Ani… she’s not going to be coming at all. She told us to stay together for the day…” Together… By ourselves... Alone… I thought to myself and blushed.

During the ride to the amusement park, I told myself that everything would be okay because unni was coming but I was wrong… she left me alone with someone who I was beginning to fall in love with even though I knew that our relationship would be impossible to begin with...

"Shall we go in then?" he asked and held out his hand.

I took his hand and nodded. Who knew that going to this place would change the both of our lives forever? ...Well I most certainly did not.

 

[[Hello to my old and new readers~ Here's the next update! I did as I promised and updated a few days later~ Right now there isn't much going on in the story but be prepared to see a few moments between the two of the in the amusement park! I will try to update again in the next few days but holidays are coming up again soon so hopefully I will be able to write more!
Thank you all for once again taking the time to read my fanfic! Please keep supporting my fic and I love you all! ^^ <3]]