Chapter 19

Why I Like You

Seohyun’s POV

Note - This was before Yonghwa found Kyuhyun ^^

I sat down in the car, staring blankly outside with the phone strap gripped tightly within my palm. I could still feel his lips on mine yet he already felt so distant from me.  I couldn’t get the thoughts out of my head no matter how much I tried.

I reached home soon after but I wished for the ride to be longer, so that I’d be able to process my thoughts. My mind was a mess and all I wanted

I wandered into my room and lay down on my bed, tired of everything that happened today. I knew that earlier on, I wished for a more eventful life, but now I wished that I had not done so.

 

I couldn’t sleep that night. So I decided to write down how I felt in a letter to Kyuhyun. It made me feel slightly better but some of my feelings, I could not describe in words. I needed to say it to him in person. But doing this helped me realise that I could never be with Yonghwa as long as I knew Kyuhyun was still here.

I went downstairs, still in my pyjamas at sunrise and saw Yonghwa pacing up and down, outside the shop. I quickly went back up to get a jacket and outside to talk to him.

“Yong oppa… what’s wrong?” I asked.

He was shocked by my sudden appearance but smiled when he saw me.

“Ah! Mianhae, I didn’t expect to see you awake so soon!” he answered.

I smiled back and answered, “Its fine, plus I can’t sleep anyway~”

He nodded and replied with a worried tone, “You should go back and try to sleep then! I’ll talk to you later!”

This made me feel the guilt that I had felt earlier.

“Aniyo~ just tell me now, I’ll feel less worried then!” I said with a cheerful tone.

“Ah neh… Well I couldn’t sleep like you… And the first thing I thought about was you, so I decided to come by and visit… I feel better when I know that I’m near you!” he said with a bright smile.

I couldn’t help but feel embarrassed and even more guilt.

“The thing is…!” we both said at the same time after a moment of silence.

“You go first!” he said straight away.

“Ani~ you first!” I answered back.

“Ani, I insist for you to go first!” he then replied.

“Fine… the thing is… I can’t return your feelings… I love Kyuhyun too much to let him go! But I have always loved you like you were my brother!” I answered.

He smiled at me bitterly and replied, “Hah… I knew that was what you were going to say…”

I then said, “Mianhae oppa…”

“It’s fine… But I’m still not going to give up on you! And please don’t feel bad! I would rather you date me because you love me… Not because you feel bad for me…”

I hugged him and answered him with tears, “Arasso… Kamsahamnida Yong oppa…”

I finally understood about what I wanted to do… About what love was about… About why I liked Kyuhyun…

He hugged me back and I somehow felt that his love for me was even stronger than before…

If I can’t make her stop loving him… then I’ll just have to take him away from her… he said with a sly smile behind her back.