Chapter 18

Why I Like You

“Seo…hyun…” I said softly as I was left on the ground, writhing in pain, alone.

All I could see was darkness and the bright red tinge of blood surrounding me. Seohyun’s mother was dying in my arms and the scene of the incident replayed over and over again. I couldn’t do anything to stop this happening and regret washed all over me. Just when I saw a light leading me out of this hell-hole, it slowly disappeared as I tried to run towards it with Seohyun’s mother on my back. I knew I could’ve made it towards the light if I abandoned her but I just couldn’t bear to do it.

“No… no… NOOOOOOO!” I screamed and woke up in bandages in an unfamiliar room.

“Yah! Quit screaming!” said a familiar voice. Yonghwa walked into the room and put a glass of water beside me.

“Yo-Yonghwa?!” I said as I got up quickly, realising I was in his house.

“Relax! I’m not going to do anything to you!” he said with a laugh.

I was still on my guard even after what he had said.

“Yah, why am I in your room?” I asked disrespectfully. I knew he wouldn’t like me very much; after all I took away the love of his life.

“Woah! Is that how you thank someone for saving your life?” he said in a joking tone.

“Saving my life? …What happened before I came here?” I questioned him.

“Well, I found you in the park near my house as I was walking back from buying snacks! You didn’t look very well so I brought you here. My noona is studying to be a doctor so I decided to bring her an experiment~ How do you feel?” he said to me.

“Ah… right. I see… I’m fine right now, thanks for helping me,” I tried to say thankfully with a smile. 

“That’s fine, but I have one condition. Are you willing to hear me out?”

“Speak,” I answered back, thinking that I would be able to grant it easily.

“Promise me, that you won’t ever meet up with Seohyun again. This is in return for saving your life.”

 
[*re-uploading the chaps~* Will post a new update after this~ 8D]