Chapter 21

Why I Like You

- The First Week -

Seohyun’s POV

There was still no sign of Kyuhyun anywhere after the last time we saw each other at the amusement park. And the strangest thing was that Yonghwa didn’t seem the way he used to be. He lost the kind look he used to have in his eyes and a determined one replaced it.

He gave me presents (roses, teddy bears, chocolates, etc.) every morning even though I told him not to spend so much on me. Although I knew that something was already going on with Kyuhyun, I believed that this wasn’t all to it.

 

Yonghwa came to the restaurant on a Saturday with a happy grin glued on his face.

I was just wearing this simple outfit today as I wasn’t doing anything important and was just helping out my appa with the restaurant.

“Ah, Yong~ oppa!” I said with a smile. He was still like my other brother to me and nothing could change that.

“Hyun~ Let’s go shopping!” he said happily and returned a smile back.

I nodded and answered, “Arasso! I’ll just go and ask my appa to see if it’s okay!”

“Aish~ Of course it’s fine! Go have fun kids!” my appa answered from the kitchen in the back.

“Kamsahamnida appa!” I screamed back and said to Yonghwa, “I’m going to get my stuff~ Be back in a sec!”

He nodded and sat down in a chair and waited for me.

I quickly ran upstairs and got my bag, putting my usual self-improvement book my phone, mp3 and wallet before heading back downstairs.

“I’m ready now! Let’s go!” I said happily, like a little kid.

“Arasso~” he said as he held my hand. I immediately loosened his grip and held the wrist of the hand he held with my other hand.

“Ah…hahah,” I laughed awkwardly and said, “Mianhae! I forgot to bring an umbrella, forgot that it would be rainy today!”

I quickly ran upstairs again to get my umbrella as Yonghwa said, “Wa-ait… It’s going to be really hot today…”

I knew I overreacted and I could’ve just said I was uncomfortable with that but it made me remember every moment I had with Kyu and how it felt when he was by my side. It almost felt as though I was cheating on him.

I came back downstairs after a while with an umbrella and smiled at him as though nothing happened. I held the umbrella in one hand and had my other hand on the strap of my bag so that he wouldn’t hold my hand again.

“Let’s go, neh? I tried to say normally.

He nodded and we walked to the stores in the neighbourhood. It was completely different from the experience that I had with Kyuhyun. I wasn’t sure which one I liked better but it felt more right with Kyuhyun.

I said hello to all the Ahjumma’s we passed and a few of them even said that we looked like a cute couple.

We were basically just taking a walk together and greeting the neighbourhood. We did this a lot when I still went to school to relive our stress that we had built up during school.

 

As we were walking, I swore I saw the silhouette of Kyuhyun ahead of us.

“Yong oppa! Wait here for a sec!” I said to him urgently as I ran after the silhouette.

There was so many things I needed to talk to him about and most of all, I just wanted to be in his arms.

“Kyuhyun!” I shouted as I couldn’t find him anymore. I fell to my knees as tears began to fall.

“Kyu…” I said again softly. It had only been a few days and couldn’t even bear the pain that I had been holding inside of me.

Yonghwa knelt down beside me and offered his hand with a gentle smile. “It’s okay Hyun… I’ll be here by your side for while he’s gone…”

I hugged him and cried more, wishing for all the pain inside of me to disappear.

 

[Another update! Hope you guys like it! :)]