Chapter 20

Why I Like You

Yonghwa’s POV

“Fine… the thing is… I can’t return your feelings… I love Kyuhyun too much to let him go! But I have always loved you like you were my brother!” she answered.

 

I felt my heart break into pieces as I heard her utter those words. I still couldn’t believe what I was hearing even after I replayed it over a thousand times in my head.

I was boiling with rage and with the emotions that I had held in for years. I threw down the phone charm that she gave back to me just before I had left onto the floor. I couldn’t care less about that piece of crap.

Why did she have to give me that crappy piece of…! Why couldn’t she just give me her love instead?! I thought with anger. Hmm… Now that I think of it, It’s all Kyuhyun’s fault for coming along!

I walked around the area before going home to calm myself down. I walked to the nearby convenience store to buy some snacks as an excuse for going out at night, before walking back through the park, to the apartment I shared with my noona.

On my way back, through the path, the person who I least expected was lying on the floor, bleeding.

I lost all of senses and ran towards him to help him.

“Omo-…Ottoke!” I said with shock. I tried yelling at him, “Yah! Wake up!” and shaking him with hope that he was just lying.

Unfortunately, this didn’t work. I had to take him to the hospital quick! But there wasn’t one that was near enough…

I put him on my back and decided to let my noona check up on him as she was studying to be doctor.

 

“NOONA! HELP HIM! PLEASE!” I screamed as I stormed through the door.

She lifted her head up, sleepily from the books that she fell asleep on. “Yahh~ be considerate to those who are slee-! Oh my gosh! What happened to this handsome boy!? Did you get into another fight Yong-Yong~!?”

She quickly got up and slapped me on the back of my head.

“Oww! You might have to heal another patient if you keep doing that!”

“Yah! Just be quiet and put him on the couch!” she yelled at me, seriously.

I did as she asked and gave him a quick check up before bandaging him up.

“I-Is he okay?” I asked timidly once she had sighed of relief.

“Neh… If you were any later I probably wouldn’t have been able to do anything… Let him rest in your bed. And next time, don’t do this in the middle of the night when I’m trying to sleep… Arasso!?” ‘

I nodded, put him on my back to take him to my room, then tucked him in my bed. I sat down on the swivel chair near my desk, staring out the window and at Kyuhyun occasionally.

I never had any ill intentions before when I first rescued him but a plan slowly began to form when I saw his hopeless self… He had something that I wanted and I was willing to do anything to get it back.

I couldn’t sleep at all that night and stayed deep in thought. I could hear Kyuhyun’s tossing and turning and I could tell he was having a bad dream. I went to get him a glass of water for when he woke up and when I came back, I heard him screaming, “No… no… NOOOOOOO!”

“Yah! Quit screaming!” I said in a hushed voice to make him talk quietly and set down the glass of water beside him.

“Yo-Yonghwa?!”  he said as I got up quickly. He seemed lost and confused.

“Relax! I’m not going to do anything to you!” I said with a laugh. Or so you think…

“Yah, why am I in your room?” he asked disrespectfully as I held back the urge to scoff at him.

“Woah! Is that how you thank someone for saving your life?” I said in a joking tone.

“Saving my life? …What happened before I came here?” he questioned me.

“Well, I found you in the park near my house as I was walking back from buying snacks! You didn’t look very well so I brought you here. My noona is studying to be a doctor so I decided to bring her an experiment~ How do you feel?” I said to him. Although what I said was true, I had other intentions along with this.

“Ah… right. I see… I’m fine right now, thanks for helping me,” he attempted to say thankfully with a smile. 

“That’s fine, but I have one condition. Are you willing to hear me out?” I asked him.

“Speak,” he said although it sounded unwilling.

 “Promise me, that you won’t ever meet up with Seohyun again. This is in return for saving your life.”

 

There was an awkward silence which I could feel between us but it wasn’t held for very long.

“Aniyo. I can’t promise you that… It’s up to Seohyun whether she wishes to see me or not…” he replied.

“Yes you can! Just say ‘I promise’ and I will let you go unharmed!” I yelled at him angrily.

“Well if you left me to die, then I wouldn’t have to see Seohyun… and you wouldn’t be talking to me. So you must’ve left me alive for a reason and you should know who I live for now…”

Another moment of silence arose before I said this. 

“Arasso… Then stay away from Seohyun for a month. If her feelings stay the same for you, I will give her up. If she ever sees you, within this period of time, even if it’s just a coincidence, you are never to look for her again… ever,”

“Arasso, I promise,” he said easily without any thought.

I had no idea what he was planning but I was confident that I would be able to make Seohyun fall head over heels for me within this month that I had.

 

[[The update~ 8D The fic will end in about 5 chaps~ *still needs to write the last few* I hope you guys have enjoyed this fic so far~ Thanks for sticking by me even though i take forever ages to post up the next chaps :) Please continue supporting and loving this fic until the end!]]