Chapter 10

Why I Like You

- Last of Kyuhyun’s POV for now~-

We walked down the street together and I wondered who would be the person my parents were going introduce to me.

I glanced over at Seohyun occasionally and it hurt in my chest to look at her. I knew I had to leave her eventually but I didn’t want that time to come.

As I was looking at her, she said, “The sky looks really pretty now…”

I looked away quickly, blushing, hoping she didn’t see me looking at her. “You’re the one who looks pretty…” I mumbled.

“Thank you for today,” she said brightly and smiled at me when I looked at her.

-dugeun dugeun- Yah! I’m not allowed to fall for her no matter what… I thought. Why did she have to look so beautiful? No matter what she is doing, she would never fail to shine in my eyes.

We walked together, hand-in-hand until we reached the restaurant we were meant to meet my parents at.

I let go of her hand and opened the door for her. She went in and I followed behind.

“Wahh! It’s so pretty!” she exclaimed in excitement. I smiled bitterly, regretting bringing her to this meeting though it looked more like a smirk.

I took her hand once again as we made our way through the restaurant. People looked at us weirdly but I tried to ignore it and we made our way into a room with my parents and a girl inside.

Jessica… I thought as I saw the girl looking at me. I looked away from her and at my parents. “Appa, Umma. Meet Seohyun… My fiancée,” I said.

They looked really blank and speechless at what I said and so did Seohyun. I tightened my grip on her hand to tell her to ask me questions later.

She let go of my hand soon after and bowed to my parents, “Annyong haseyo, Seohyun imnida!” She then looked up and smiled at them.

They ignored her and kept their looks on me.

I pulled out a chair for Seohyun to sit on and she sat down.

My father coughed and said to me, “Cho Kyuhyun... meet Miss Jung Sooyeon, otherwise known as Miss Jessica Jung. Your new fiancée.”

She smiled sweetly at me like we just met for the first time…. “It’s nice to meet you~” she said in a disgustingly sweet tone.

I chose to ignore her and took a seat next to Seohyun. I coughed and said to my parents as confidently as possible. “As I was saying earlier, I’m planning to marry Hyunnie next month. Is that all you need to ask?”

“Hyu-Hyunnie?” my mother asked and looked as though she fainted. “Aigoo!”

I stood up and began walking out. Hyunnie followed and I took her hand, walking out proudly, smiling.

It went better than I expected. I smirked at Seohyun and couldn’t help happy about the result.

I heard her exclaim softly, “Aigoo~” and it made me regret bringing her.

We walked down the street, hand in hand, in silence. We soon reached the car and I let go of her hand to get into the car.

I wished that we could’ve stayed together like that forever but I kept reminding myself that I would never be allowed to fall in love with her.

We stayed silent throughout the trip but it didn’t feel like a long trip. I took occasional glances at her but she seemed to be lost in thought.

We soon arrived at her house and she collected her bags from earlier. “Thank you for today,” she said and bowed to me.

She turned to walk off but I couldn’t bear to leave her. I took her wrist and said “Wait!”

She turned around and looked me in the eyes. How can she look so pretty without even trying? I thought.

I soon got back to my senses and let go of her wrist, blushing and looked away. “I just wanted to say that I’ll call you when I need you next…” I quickly said to make an excuse.

She nodded and went inside. I sighed and thought to myself, when I need you next? Was that the best I could think of?

When I need you next will be every minute of the day because I already know that I can't stand living a day without you…

  

[[Here's another update~ ^^ It'll be the last of Kyuhyun's POV and we'll be going back to Seohyun's POV in the next chapter. I still don't know how long this fic will go for but would my readers prefer for it to be longer or shorter? Please post your opinions below as they really help with my writing! Thanks to all my subscribers and readers for sticking by my story even though I take a very long time to update ^^; I will work on more chapters so I can update more often for you guys~]]