Chapter 23

Why I Like You

- Seohyun’s POV -


‘Dear Seohyun,

You know, I’ve been wondering about whether telling you about my feelings was a good idea or not and I decided that, yeah, it would be a good idea. I mean it would be best for me to tell you to avoid any ‘awkward’ situations for when we meet each other again. Well, I just wanted to tell you that I never cared about you and that I was only playing around with you during the time we were together. It was fun for the first few days but I realised how boring of a person you actually were. Thanks for being such a waste of time in my life.
I wished I had never met you.

From Kyuhyun

P.S I got together with Jessica so don’t ever look for me again. Ever.

 

This was what the letter I received from Kyuhyun in the mail had said. My heart tore into pieces as I read this letter. I didn’t even know why it was even hurting me so much and I couldn’t make myself stop reading over it again and again to confirm whether what I was reading was fiction or fact.

 

Today was the day which marked a month since we had last seen each other, the day I was meant to go out with Yonghwa to eat and the day when I first experienced one of the worst pains; heartbreak.

I didn’t help out my appa with the shop as I was in no mood to do anything at all. When I had told him that I wasn’t feeling well, he told me to rest and that I shouldn’t go out with Yonghwa today. I was pondering as to whether I should go or not and I was leaning more toward the should go side.

I lay in my bed for most of the day, attempting to read some self-improvement books but finding that I was not able to concentrate properly, day-dreaming and most importantly, trying to sort out my feelings.

By 5pm, I decided to get out of bed and choose something to wear. I opened my closet to see the clothes that Kyuhyun had bought for me. Pain spread inside of me and tears began to form. I was trying to stay strong but the pain nearly felt worse than when my mother had died. Like something inside of me went missing.

I took out a pinkish/whitish dress that I had bought to wear for a date with Kyuhyun but never got the chance to and put it on. I then put on a thin brown belt around my waist to accentuate my figure with a white cardigan to complete the look.

A tear fell from my eye as I stared at myself in the mirror. Oh, how I longed to be by Kyu’s side… I wanted to see him badly and at the very least, I wanted to talk to him, even if he did not want to see me.

 

At 6pm, Yonghwa came to pick me up. Earlier, I had washed my face and put on some make-up to hide the fact that I had been crying.

“Wah! Hyun~ You look so beautiful today!” he exclaimed.

“Neh~ I just got the dress recently!” I said cheerfully as I twirled around to show him the dress.

He smiled and offered his arm for me to put my arm through. “Shall we go milady?” he asked.

I nodded as I put my arm through his. I decided to see how I really felt about Yonghwa today and to forget all about Kyuhyun tonight.

Yonghwa drove us in a red car to a western restaurant. We walked to the restaurant and entered. It kind of had a similar feel to the place Kyuhyun had taken me to introduce me to his parents but it felt more welcoming this time.

A waiter gave us two menus which had writing all in English. I tried looking at it but didn’t understand it very well. I was preoccupied with trying to translate it all that I didn’t notice the surroundings around me.

In the end, Yonghwa had ordered us steaks since he could understand more English than me.

I looked around the area in amazement as we waited. The restaurant was beautiful and I could tell that the food was going to be very expensive. I didn’t even bother asking Yonghwa why he was spending so much money on me as I got the same answer all the time when I asked about the presents. ‘Because I love you’ was always the reason and I didn’t find it very reasonable because 'money cannot buy love'.

The same waiter brought the dishes over and I stared at the food. It looked delicious and I wanted to dig in right away. I went to pick up my knife and fork but Yonghwa stopped me and cut a piece from his own steak. He then offered to feed me the piece. I stared at the fork for a while before accepting it.

“Oh my! It’s so delicious!” I said with wonder.

“Chincha? Feed me too!” he said as he opened his mouth.

I cut a piece and popped it inside his mouth. He turned slightly red when I had done so but we returned to eating normally after. We finished the plate pretty fast although Yonghwa had to finish it off for me.

The waiter then came back and asked us if we wanted to eat dessert.

I looked up at the waiter and nodded. “Neh neh! What is there for desser-“ I said as I looked at the waiter more closely.

“Well for starters there’s a kiss from someone who missed you a lot,” he said happily as he kissed me on the lips.

 

The very person I was trying to forget was here in front of my eyes all along. The waiter was Kyuhyun and I did not know.

 

[[Will post the grand finale tomorrow~ Hooray! He came back for her :> I cannot thank you guys enough for supporting my fic~ THANK YOU GUYS! <3]