Chapter 15

Why I Like You

“I love you Seo Joohyun! I have always loved you ever since I first laid my eyes on you! ” Yonghwa said straight-forwardly.

Kyuhyun looked shocked from Yonghwa’s sudden confession. On the other hand, I felt like I was being shot 100 times with bullets filled with guilt. How could I not notice his feelings at all?

“Yong oppa… you… love me? N-Not just in the brother-sister way? But like love...love?” I said slowly, not believing his words.

“Neh… I love you… I guess that’s all I can say for now. I’ll wait for your answer Hyun…” he said with a sad smile.

He then started to walk off, dragging Jessica who was trying to fight to stay with Kyuhyun but failed.

 

 

Yoona bowed and said softly, “I’m so sorry Seororo… and Kyuhyun ssi… Just spend the rest of the day together, neh?”

He nodded and we parted soon after, saying our goodbyes.

I looked straight at the direction Yonghwa had walked off from with a blank expression.

Kyuhyun took my hand and smiled. “Let’s just enjoy the rest of today, neh?” he said with a cheerful tone.

I nodded and followed his lead. We went on many different rides such as the Bumper cars, the Pirate Ship and even the House of Mirrors but my worries wouldn’t disappear.

I knew that Kyuhyun was trying to cheer me up but I couldn’t hide the emotions I was feeling. I was so confused about what to do next; to choose my best friend that I’ve always cherished or the man that stole my heart at first sight.

We walked together, hand-in-hand toward the Ferris Wheel. It was already starting to get dark, meaning that the amusement park would be closing soon.

We walked into the carriage when it was our turn to get in and sat on opposite sides.

“I’m sorry… Seohyun,” he uttered softly.

“You don’t need to apologise… You haven’t done anything wrong, Kyu… I should be the one to apologise for bringing all these problems to you!” I replied back to him.

He ignored me and continued his speech. “I’m sorry Seohyun… I shouldn’t have brought you into this mess…”

The ride stopped at the very top, leaving us an amazing view of the city around us.

I looked outside, with my eyes beginning to water. I knew what was to come wasn’t going to be good.

“I-It’s really pretty outside isn’t it?” I said, trying to control my emotions.

He took my hand and put something in mine. His lips then touched mine softly, whispering, “I’m sorry,” once again as his pulled his lips away from mine.

A tear left my eyes as this happened. I knew what was going on and although I had so many things I wanted to say to him, no words would come out of my mouth.

The ride began to slowly descend as his hand left mine. He sat back into his seat, looking out the window with sadness.

I looked at my hand that he had just held to see a simple, pink phone strap in my hand.

“Go to Yonghwa… he deserves you way more than I do…” he asserted. “After all, you don’t have a reason to see me anymore right?” He gave a weak chuckle, leaving me to believe that he didn’t want to say what he had just said.

“Kyu-“ I tried to say but nothing else would come out.

The carriage reached the bottom and the door opened just as I started to speak. Although I said to him earlier that all my worries would disappear once we had reached the bottom, more worries piled began to pile on.

“I’ve already called the driver to take you home. I have an appointment so I won’t be able to go with you…” he said as we got off the ride.

We walked together, without saying a word, towards the entrance of the Amusement Park, with a distance between us.

Although our feelings for each other were so strong, we knew that “we” just wasn’t possible.

I got into the car that was waiting for me and looked at Kyuhyun for one last time before we were to be separated.

“I did…the right thing… right?” Kyuhyun said softly, with regret.

 

[[I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I have been meaning to post this earlier but I've been busy with school~ D: Hope you guys will forgive me for posting it a bit later! Please leave some feedback and comments about what you guys think! They always make me feel more motivated! ^^]]