Chapter 9

City of Exotics

Mihyun's conciousness came back to her only finding that weird woman standing infront of her while Luhan had his hands on her back supporting her. 

'Gwenchana?' Luhan asked.

'Mm.' She nodded. 'What's going on?'

'You fainted my little darling, have you not noticed?' The devil women said. Luhan glared at her. It only caused her to smirk. 'Omo omo. Why are kids these days so unmannerful? Tsk tsk tsk.' She was shaking head head.

'Um, totally not for you eomonim.' Luhan barked.

'Ey, ey, ey. I have a name you know.' She pouted. Ew. 'My name is...'


They've finished their breakfast. Ready to discuss further into things.

'Kay. Now we're all here, I've got a few things to clear.' D.O. cleared his throat. People've always thought D.O. was strict and serious, but in fact, he's caring inside; he just display this kind of personality. 'With us will be two werewolves. And two vampires. And you two. Fact is they wanted to go investigate and find the truth themselves too, but since it's our job to find out the deepest evil, we are one.'

Sehun thought for a bit. 'Okay, it won't matter, as long as our objective is similar then we're set.'

'Very well, we will now go meet our companions.'


Kris and Tao shuffled along under the shades. It was bright morning, so they had no choice but put on the special cream that lets the children of the moon walk under direct sunlight. The sun was burning up top, so they tried to avoid sunlight as much as possible for it may wear out the layer of cream. Their meeting place was in the woods. Perfect place for mysteriousness. They walked pass mundanes(human beings) rushing to their jobs. They were the first to arrive.

The woods the were supposed to meet was beautifuly mysterious. It was beautiful even to the eyes of the cold hearted vampires.

There were trees, not green like the normal trees, but a different hue of dark pale green mixed with a bit of black. The entrance was welcomed by two lines of the same kind of trees on either side, forming a tunnle. Tao walked ahead excited. While Kris admired the beautiful view. The ground was cold and hard. It gave an unearthy presence. It was dried up, but it was the pale yellow they always were, but a dark violent brown with a tint of red. As if blood once traveled atop it. As they walked through the tree-made tunnle, they noticed that flowers grew on the sides of the endless path. Flowers. In this type of enviornment. But they soon forgot about it, and reached the end of the tunnle. 

They noticed they weren't the first to arrive.

There were others there. Having a picnic while waiting. With delicious smelling food. And they didn't even wait for Kris and Tao to arrive? What kind people.

'I see you've arrived.' Said one of the shadowhunter, his eyes were huge. Full of white. 'You're quite late you know. They've finished most of the marvelous food I made.' He smirked.

'Whatever. Are we ready?' Kris asked. 'There are more than just the two of you?' 

Kris and Tao noticed the other people. Well not quite people. Downworlders.

'Ne, may I introduce you to Sehun, the Faery king, his trusted knight, Key. Chen, head of the institute, Baekhyun, the wolf pack leader, and his second in command, Chanyeol. And here of course, someone you know; my parabatai, Kai.' D.O. introduced while point each of them out.

'Quite rude you are I see. Just pointing, huh.' Kai joked.

That did not go well, cause Kai just earned himself a death glare from D.O. 'And here, the new comers, are Kris, the vampire leader and his second in comman, Tao.' He kept his pointing style, just to his likings.

'How polite. Pointing.' Tao mocked.

Chen cleared his throat. 'Never mind that. Now we are to head into the deeper woods and look for shelter. This may take days, considering how vast this place is. Aish. More moving, less dazing.'

The rest of the gang followed Chen deeper into the woods to find themself shelter for during the search for the suspects and the princess.

As they shuffled along, Chen explained more, 'Right now, we're probably looking for the same vampire. We are also looking for the princess. But we have no idea how these people are related. Just that the vampires' killed some downworlders and that they're pretty dangerous. And the princess may be in their hands. At risk also.'

At the last of Chen's line, Sehun made a choked noise.

'It's fine, ' Key said. With reassuringness in his tone. He'd never spoken to the king without adding formality, unless at critical times. But either way, Sehun liked it better than with all the formality.

'Yes, I hope so. ' He replied to Key's concerns. 'You know, everyone. Even thought I am the faery king and such, I want you guys to treat me like any other normal person.' Then he looked down. Embarassed of what he'd say.

'Of course. Since we either die in this or survive. Those doesn't even matter anymore. Plus it not person. It's downwolder.' Kai said, as all the others chuckled.

Sehun looked up immediately with a smile pasted on his face. He'd never really been smiling to anyone. Well, other than his sister, Sehun and Key that is. But he feels like he can be himself around strangers for once. He felt alive. And grateful almost, except for the fact that his sister's no where to be found.

Just as the moon rise higher up in the sky they found a place to stay at. It wasn't half bad. Considering it to be outside the city. It was a simple mansion. Plain white against the dark sky. The moon casted a pale yellowy look to it. It looked pretty abandoned, so they decided to make it their stay. Chen walked up first and gave the door a single knock.

No answer.

It meant no one was ever there. So he pushed the door open. It wasn't locked. The walked through the house. It was just a simple two story house. Three rooms in total. Three on the second floor and one on the bottom. They splited into groups and entered their rooms; getting ready to rest up for the next day's investigations.

Kris and Tao is in one room on the second floor. Chanyeol and Baekhyun is in one room on the second floor, and Key and Sehun in one also on the second floor. The room on the ground level was the biggest, so Chen, D.O. and Kai took that room.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun lied down on the big bed. Each room only had one bed. Sadly. But it didn't matter. Once they sleep, they're like pigs unless something happens and their reflexes kicks in.

They fell asleep.

Key and Sehun did the same. Lied there until they've fallen asleep. Key was still awake when Sehun fell asleep. He wanted to see Sehun sleep first for he'd used a lot of power for a still teen like him to find trace of the kidnapper.

-In the three shadowhunters' room-

Chen and Kai had quickly fallen asleep. 

Like pigs, D.O. thought.

All in all, they all fell asleep. Except for D.O. He couldn't sleep. Then he remembered, when he was little, he'd heard his mother say to him when he lied in bed, eyes wide and bright. 

'When you can't fall asleep. There's a couple of possibilities.' His mother had said. ' It's either you are just scared of the dark, or you are right now in someone else's dream world.'

He was never afraid of the dark. He'd told himself to be fearless from when he first understood the shadow world. The world where all things and stories are real. He'd murmur to himself 'I am invicible. I am unbreakable. And I am not broken nor am I afraid.' It changed him completely. From his little cute self to a more manly Do Kyungsoo. He'd also learned from that year, when he was 12, to not to love. Or you'll just have your heart broken to pieces. He'd put his defences up.

But one thing he don't get is. He cannot fall asleep. Might he be in someone else's dreams?

-To be continued...


 

Okay, since I'm not at home atm, I used a friends computer XD

This is really rushed I'm sorry x...x

And Im also thinking of putting some of exo's powers into it. haha. just dunno how ill interept it in (: i'll find a way lool XDDDD

But how do u guys like the story rn? If u have any suggestions or changes u wanna see, feel free to comment below (:

All comments are allowed yknow XD I dont mind if u say oh i hate this or that. Itll help me enhance this story XD

Co-Author's busy rn so no pic yet XP haha dw ill make her do it even if she dont wanna when she comes bak XP >) (im so evil)

Anyways. 

ONE THING

 WHAT SHOULD I NAME THAT VAMPIRE? I AM TOTALLY MAKING THIS STORY LINE UP ON THE SPOT. SO THERES A LOT OF CONFUSING STUFF AND JUST JUMPS EVERY WHERE IM SORRY   THIS IS MY FIRST STORY TOO SO YEA X.......X

hmmm. I'll think of a name. Then ill update asap.

thanks you for ur supports <3

ps. if u have any pics u want in the fic u can sent it to the co author XD we'll credit u ~