Chapter 12

City of Exotics

'But you killed them. With no mercy.' D.O. said with a blade hidding behind each word he spat at the vampire.

'Oh,' She exlaimed with mocked surprise. 'now did I? I wonder who's the one who holds the whole reason the whole thing started, huh.'

D.O. took a step forward. 'You never loved me, even if I gave  you my heart, all you wanted was him. All along, you only yearned for him while I was the one there for you.'

Chloe did not move. She knew very well of what had happened between them. And that night. She just stood there as the memories washed over her.

-FLASHBACK-

-Chloe's POV-

The boy sat there, with his head down. Beside him was another, his hair was blonde, it shoned even in the lonesome night. The silver haired boy seems to be comforting the other. 

What happened? Why does he look so sad? I thought.

I came to the ball with my parents. They kept talking about downworlders. I didn't know what they were. I only know that this ball is filled with downworlders and Nephilims. Neither do I know what is Nephilim. Mom and dad had said they'd tell me when the time's right. Tonight, we were at this party, this ball, for celebration, of what I don't know.

I walked up to the two boys.

'What's wrong?' I asked. 'I'm Chloe. Chloe Gracia, nice to meet you.' I smiled.

'None of your business, mundie.' The blondie barked. Not nice at all.

'But I just wanna he-'

'Leave.' The guy with his head down muttered. His dark hair was shiny with water. 

'I-'

'Leave.' He said again with more force.

I didn't want to leave. One because he seems really down. Two because they're both cute especially the blondie.

'What are your names?' I asked as I sat myself down beside the dark haired boy.

I think the blonde hair boy has a soft heart. He offered some answers. 'He's D.O., Do Kyungsoo. I'm Kim Ryeowook. What an occasion meeting you like this.'

'Nae. May I ask again what's wrong?' I tried again.

Ryeowook pulled me up and to the sides, meaning to not let Kyungsoo hear us.

'Kyungsoo's parents scolded at him. He was showing off how he can break a wine bottle with only a tight grip of his fist.' Ryeowook explained.

It was pretty hard trying to keep in a laugh. I mean, he's not a kid anymore. But seriously, yes that's impressive, but it sound really childish at the same time. 'I see. Then that's better, I thought something real bad happened. He looked super down.'

'Well, you can't really blame him, he is pretty dense.' Ryeowook chuckled.

He was beautiful.

Kyungsoo looked our way, puzzled.

'Yah, Kim Ryeowook Hyung.' Kyungsoo called. 'Don't go selling information of me to a just-met mundie girl. Rude.'

'Like you're that interesting.' Ryeowook joked.

Their friendship was so beautiful that it made me smile just being there seeing them joke around, chilling.

'Yah, stupid mundie, why're you here?' Kyungsoo turned to me, asking.

'Me?' I said. 'Came with parents. Not sure why, though. I think my parents has some business to do here, I  think I heard them talk about it once.'

'Business, huh. Well forget about them, come with us. The night has been too mocking. We need fun.'

With that he ran off holding my hand, dragging me with him. Ryeowook followed behind a big smile on his face.

How warm his smiles were.

We stopped in front of the river.

It sparkled in the moonlight. So mysterious. Yet so eye catching.

I took off my shoes and was about to walk in when I felt a grip on my arm. I turned to see Kyungsoo, his face a mask of horror.

'What do you think you're doing?' He asked, his eyes wider than they were with shock. His eyes were gigantic already, but when he does this, it made it extra big.

'Um, Going into the water? I seemed tempting and all?' 

'Pabo...This is Lake of Mirrors, it holds great power in the water itself. I can cause one's death. Or halliculations, if lucky.'

'If lucky?! You mean... we'll die just by having the water to contact?'

'Not exactly. More like it entering your body.'

Then we didn't do nothing much. We just sat there, us three. Me, Kyungsoo, Ryeowook.

Ryeowook sat beside Kyungsoo. Far from my league.

Kyungsoo seemed really happy. Like a 360 degrees turn from what he was like before. All cold and heartless.

Ryeowook was really happy too, probably because of Kyungsoo's happiness.

Although I just met them, but I can tell they have a really deep friendship.

We just sat there, chatting, getting to know one another, until twelve a.m.

It was time to go back. The ball is ending.

We found my parents, I waved them goodbye.

They'd said they lived here, in Idris. Land of Shadowhunters, and that today was the only day they'd let other races in. If you wish to get in, you'd have to ask the Clave. An organization of shadowhunters which are the heads of all shadowhunters.

My parents probably ask them for permission. They told me we'll stay longer, that their business here isn't complete yet.

That night I lied awake in my bed. I couldn't sleep.

The next day Kyungsoo came to our house. I don't know how he knew but he came. Ryeowook was with him. The two of them seemed like prince charmings from a manga.

I fell in love with Ryeowook more.

His pretty eyes, his pink lips, his perfect features and his warm smiles. I love them all.

So much I wanna kiss him, so much I wanna embrace him.

We went into town, to have fun.

Kyungsoo was super hyped up, but Ryeowook remained calm and happy medium. I just walked slowly while Kyungsoo showed me everything there is here in town. Angel blades, witchlights (weird cold stones that shine), daggers, steles, gears, all the shadowhunter weaponaries and armours probably. I was too busy glancing at Ryeowook from the right corner of my eyes to notice anything. Until I was almost hit by a pot fallen from above.

When I looked up I saw the pot coming right at me, then my vision swayed to the sceneries in the sky and next on the ground as I felt a heavy weight landed on me when I hit the ground to the right.

Someone had pushed me out of the way and onto the ground.

-To be continued...


short update ^^

how you'll like the story so far (: