Chapter 19

City of Exotics

-Chloe's POV-

As the girl placed on his sweater. He walked towards me and Ryeowook who were glued to the ground and frozen like snow from the chilly kisses of the wind. 

'I want to talk to the two of you. After we help this girl.' Kyungsoo said in a low and careful knitted voice.

We both nodded.

Yes indeed. We have a lot to clear and talk about.

Then, Kyungsoo walked back towards the girl. He patted her. Kyungsoo who was awkward with skinship patted the girl.

'Kay, are you okay to walk, or do you want a piggy ride?' He asked cheerfully. 

'But you still--' Ryeowook started.

But Kyungsoo cut him off midway, 'I'm fine. Do you think she's able to keep herself together after seeing her mom taken away by force?'

Something in his voice made Ryeowook back off. It was coldness nor anger. It was something more like distant.

For ten or fifteen minutes we walked in silence. No one dared to say anything. Only sometimes when Kyungsoo asked the girl questions to help with the investigation and to make the girl feel less uncomfortable.

 

'So, when you left the house, no one was there, right?' I asked.

'Mhm.' The girl nodded.

'Ryeowook, Kyungsoo, do you think they might've went back and looked for the girl?' I asked again. 'Because if they knew the mom had a girl, then they might want the girl also.'

'That's true.' Ryeowook agreed.

'Do you know the way of your house from here?' Kyungsoo asked the girl gently.

'Nae, from here, yes.'

'Can you lead the way.'

Without further waits, the girl got down from Kyungsoo's back and started trailing away, holding Kyungsoo's hand. I can't help but notice the wince Kyungsoo gave out as she climbed off, and I can't help noticing how close they've become.

My brain can't help but tug at my heart.

He's nothing to you, I told my brain, you have Ryeowook, he's all you need.

We kept walking until  we came up to this maison-like house. It was plain white against the dark sky. The insides were the same. Simple. 

The door was open, inviting us in.

All four of us walked inside, it was a mess. Chairs thrown around, but good thing they didn't break or the mess will become bigger. 

Kyungsoo panted.

The dark sky enhancing his warm puffs of breath as he stand in the doorway waiting for us to go in so he can have the door closed, hidding us from watchful eyes.

He was inhaling and exhaling quite rapidely.

'Are you okay?' I said. 'Go sit down first.'

'No need.' Now this came out cold.

He sat the girl down on the table and stood infront of her. 'Do you know if your mom had mention anything about those bad angels? Just anything?' He said in his most soothing voice I'd heard after that incident.

'Um, nope. Mommy had told me tales of the bad angels though, she'd once said those bad angels had strength of a beast but beauty of the angels. And they like the color red. They sometimes come out at night to find children. To find this particular girl. But that's used to be a tale to scare little kids, and I'm not a little kid.' She pouted through the streaks of tears on her pale little face.

Kyungsoo just chuckled. More like smirk-chuckled.

Something tugged at my heart.

-To be continued...


 

KAY 3/4 done XD what do you think was that tug? pree obv if u ask me ^^ but yes. who do u think this mysterious girl is? and who is the bad angels looking for? who are they even?

 so many unanswered questions makes me wanna update forever XD

but today ill make one more last update unless i finish it quick and is eager to give out next clues to unfold this whole mystery XD

 

how you liking the story so far, readers? (: