Chapter 18

City of Exotics

aiming for idk... 4 updates to make up for the long wait >) you think ill make it? but idk last one i did was short. cuz it needs a mysteriousness to make you readers wanna read on! (: XD

if you're already a subbie reading this, thanks so much for the patience. cuz i know how its like waiting for updates T^T

if you're a new reader, thanks you so muches XDDD 


Needn't recognization of the voice.

I love that figure too much. His shadows, lining his body structure so nicely that it was like the real thing, which I yearned so much to hug. The shadow owner's lips was layed there on the ground. Those lips, so much I want to kiss. 

'Ryeowook,' the word like poison seeping into my mouth, like fire burning my mouth, like shards of knives cutting my mouth.

Even this particular one word with four letters pains so, much rather had I kept the love shall it kill me so.

'You've mistunderstood what I intended to say.' He began. 'All I wanted to do was to let everything calm down first. Before I confess to you my feelings. My feelings of you. Me feelings of us.'

'Us?' I was puzzled. 'I thought there wasn't an us. Not since when Kyungsoo saved me.' I turned to walk away.

I felt a tug at my arm. Grips like iron found its way against my cold skin. Even though it was not yet late, the air cooled down tens of degrees in this wilderness.

His hand was gripping my arm.

'All I wanted to tell you was that I love you. And I know how Kyungsoo feels about you. I was afraid to ask. But that time. Had you died I will wept for you. I will break. Into millions and millions of pieces.' He said, with burning sincerety. 'But I thank god cause Kyungsoo rushed in in time so the one who got hurt wasn't you. For him, it was a big risk too. He could've died from blood loss. We are Nephilims, but we aren't immortal. We are born, we grow, we die. Same cycle as normal mundanes. Same cycle as you. I was scared to death. I didn't want to lose Kyungsoo even if I have you in the end. I didn't know how you feel about me. I'm still not--'

That was enough words said. I tiptoed and kissed his lips.

It was soft. Yet firmed. It was burned warm, he was giving off warmth. Then I felt his hands on my waist, and mine found his neck. We stayed like that for what seemed like a long time.

Then I felt someone at the entrance of the closed woods.

He had watched the whole thing in horror. He'd saw the whole thing. He'd heard the whole thing. 

We've got to clear these misunderstandings. There was no way out.

Just when I was desperate, there was a scream. We rushed to see what happened. Us three.

We ran for around 10minutes into the depths of the woods. There we found a girl. She was probably our age.

She was alone and crying. In this wilderness. In this forest. In this world.

She had a head of black curtains. The bangs long enough just to cover her brows. Her features were pale. From restlessness or from horror we did not know.

Me and Ryeowook just froze there. I'm pretty sure both of us did not know how to comfort a crying girl. Especially when she's just our age.

So he took the volunteer work. He walked up to the girl and leveled himself so he gazes straightly to her eyes.

'What happened?' he ask. With such gentleness like he did when he'd said the word "angel". 'What's your name?'

The girl kept crying. 'I...I don't know my name. I don't know.' She said through sobs and weeps. 'They took away my mommy. They bad angels.' 

'I see, don't worry,' He smiled through flushed face. He's still not fully healed yet I could tell. It was obvious.'I'll find your mommy. First you have to stop crying kay? And answer my questions so I can go find your mommy and kick the butts of those bad angels.'

The girl nodded slightly. She stopped crying, but the hiccup was there. It made her seem even younger and cuter.

Beside me, even Ryeowook was surprised by how gentle he was.

'Kay, first. How do the bad angels look like?' he asked the poor girl.

'They.. they were wearing all red. Bright, bright red, like blood. ' She hiccuped. 'They had wings, but they aren't pure white like normal angels do. Their wings were red. Red and drippy. But I was hid in a closet so I didn't see them. They didn't see me either. But I saw them took away mommy. Before they came, mommy and I were playing hide and seek, and I hig in a closet. Then mommy  tried to look for me and the bad angels came, and they tooking crying mommy away. And mommy just looked through the holes on the closet and mouthed the words "don't come out, sweetie". I did as told. But I waited and waited, mommy never came back. I decided to go look for mommy. But there were no signs of her. I ran and ran and I got lost. Then I saw a black shadow in the bushes, and I screamed. Then you guys came.'

'I see. All red, red wings.' he muttered. 'Red. Blood. It's okay now, we'll find your mommy for you, but first we need to find the bad angels first, okay? So as we go if you see them tell me?' he soothed.

The girl stopped crying, and he hugged her tightly, calming her racing heart. She shivered in his embrace.

'Are you cold?' he placed the sweater he was wearing on her. 'Get warm, kay? We need your help to find your mommy.' he smiled.

The sun's fallen mid-way across the horizon. The air became chilly. The atmosphere stung our bodies. The rain kept going. Without care. Without pity. Without sympathy.


 

Kay, this is SLIGHTLY longer. (NOT REALLY) T^T   but yes. 2/4 update for today (: