Chapter 6

City of Exotics

'This is the third case in two days...' said the warlock. 'The first one is when the werewolf was killed downtown. Then a vampire. Then now, one of our kind.'

He used a white clothe to cover the victim's face. He brushed his hand into his dark black hair. Then he walked over to his friends Xiumin, who also straightened his light brown hair with his hand.

'Poor beings, if you ask me.' Xiumin simply stated.

'Yes,' Suho replied. 'But we can't do any investigation by ourselves. Others of our kind are scared. They think they'll end up like these fellows.'

'There's nothing much we can do anyways even if we decided to inverstigate in this business. We warlocks were never the first line fighting types. Even though we can do powerful spells we can't do instant attacks. We'll be at an disadvantage if so.'

'There's only one way around this.' Suho said. 

'Go to Chen.' Xiumin finished for him.


'Either way. we'll have to investigate everything together.' Kai decided.

'Ne. The dead werewolf. The dead vampires. All of it.' D.O. agreed. 'For now Kai and I will go back to the institute first. We'll get ready and start tomorrow when the first light rises. From then w--'

'Bring us with you.' Kris interupted.

'Sure, just don't let yourselves die.' D.O. smirked.

'Glad to be you guys' company' Tao grinned a devil of a grin.


 

The door bell rang at the institute. 

The institue was just a invisible piece of building. On hallow ground so therefore damned creatures can't get in. Also. To get in, you have to be Nephilim. You have to have the angel's blood in you.

Chen got out of the dark red sofa he was sitting on. He also grabbed his stele, a twig like object which Shadowhunters all have. It is used to draw runes. Like an iratze,a healing rune. Then he reached for an angel blade and went to open the door with the blade behing his back. For protection.

Chen was never the first line Shadowhunters, but he'll be there when real big battles happen. He usually is in the library looking at books for knowledge or inventing new things which might help the revolution of new ideals. Sometimes he goes out to investigate or to hang out. He's good friends with a couple of warlocks.

He turned the knob and pulled the door inwards.

Surprised to see his friends he greeted. ' Long time no see, what brings you guys here?'

His friends nodded.

'Here to have some cookies,' Xiumin cheered.

'Ahem. Please act like your age. You're already xxxx years old...' Suho warned him.

'But hey, I still look young, so I act young too, you oldie.'

Suho sighed. 'Whatever. We're here to ask for your help. There's been a murder case of our kind. Supect is thoguht to be a vampire for there are two punctured holes at the side of the poor soul's neck.'

'Ah, about that. There's been 3 murder cases now. In two days. Just what is happening.' Chen scratched the back of his head.

'There were more?' Suho questioned.

'Ah, ne. A werewolf and two vampires. Both yesterday, one before the sunset, one after. Now this one warlock.'

'Just who the hell is this vampire?'

'Are.' Said a voice from the door. 'Who are theses vampires. They worked as a group you see. A pair of probably two.'

D.O. and Kai came in. That voice was D.O.'s.

'Ne.' Kai agreed. 'The murder of the two vampires showed it. They were murdered in different places, at nearly the same time. The places are estimated to be around 50km apart. And the time difference was around 3minutes. Even vampires cannot move so fast. That'll be around 16km/minute. Impossible unless he's a warlock with teleporting skills.'

'Which they aren't.' D.O. finished.

It was Chen who broke the ten minutes silence. 'So now all we can do is look into the vampire lairs. And ask around.'

'Ne.' D.O. replied. 'We've checked the main vampire gang of Seoul. Jung Juri's group. She'd said none of hers is the murderer. So we can trust her words. And the other one is Kris'. We met him at Jung Juri's. One of his was killed. So probably not him or his followers. That only leaves the vampires outside of the city. There aren't much. So we can probably look through.'

'Yes, and this time I'm coming too.' Chen added.

'Fine by me.' Kai and D.O. said at the same time.

With that the two warlocks left and the shadowhunters begin to prepare for investigation. It'll be a long journey.


'I-I'm a faey.' Luhan said, looking at the ground. 'I was placed to be your bestfriend so I can protect you secretly. By the king's order.'

Mihyun was too shocked to say anything.

'It has come to this far, so I had to tell you the truth. I''m sorry. You probably hate me now for lying. But I wanted you to be safe. I wanna protect you. So does the king.'

'Wait...the king?' Mihyun asked. Bewildered.

This can't be happening. Vampires kidnapping me. My bestfriend's a freakin faery. Now what? What about the king...? Could he...No can't be.

''Who is the king?' Mihyun asked again.

'Your mostly dearest person,' Said a female voice. She's probably around Mihyun's age. Around 16. 'Your precious older brother. Oh Sehun.'

She chuckled at Mihyun's astonishment.


Key came back from the 'look around' for Mihyun and Luhan. They were no where in sight. He decided to trace them, using his magick tricks. The power he had to use kept increasing. Proving that the two of them was probably far from him and the king. He kept the tracing on so if a trail's picked up, he can go look for them for the king. Key cannot bear looking at the king so upset. He'd lived with the king since he himself was 4 and the king 2. He'd also always had thought the king was unquestionably cute. So adorable he'd always thought. Even though the king cannot see his love for him, Key was happy enough to see the king happy. That was all he needed.

'M'lord, I apologize, but I cannot find them. I've used a tracing magick. But their distance is far too great.' Key said. As much as he hate to see the king upset, he cannot commit treason to the king. He had to obey every rule of the king. He want to and has to. He was the one the king trusted most along with Luhan. Well, the king does trust his sister even more, but then again he was his sister. Key's watched Mihyun's birth also. He was 6 by then. He knew most of what normal human do not. He was born a knight for the king, and now he is one.

The king's face fell. He was looking forward to party with his little sister and his trustworthy knight. But now, he cannot.

'I will look for them myself.' He said. And then he got up, grabbed his crystal staff and started a summoning. The staff he held was an elegant thing. Slender and graceful; and also gleaming under the bright light of the setting sun.

Sehun first summoned a water spirit.

'Have you seen Oh Mihyun?'

The spirit shook her bubbly head.

Next he summoned an elf. He asked the same thing.

And go the same answer.

Sehun was saddened as each time the fair folk said no, they haven't see Oh Mihyun.

Finally, the last one. 

This time it was a wood spirit.

'Have you seen Oh Mihyun? Do you know where she is?' Sehun demanded.

'Yes, M'lord.' The spirit answered. ' It was scary. I saw a werewolf murdered by a vampire. Then I saw Princess Mihyun. She tried to run away but she fell, and she probably sprained her ankle. Or even broken it.' At that, Sehun's face went pale white. 'She fell. So then the vampire took his chance and placed a clothe over . Something must've been on that clothe. The princess then fell unconcious. And she was taken away. By the vampire.'

Key noticed as each word the spirit's said, the king's hands clenched into an even tighter fist at his sides.

-To be continued...


 

Double update XD <3

So prouda maself! LOL GOD (EW BRAGGER!!!! )

well well. still. so far its pretty bad n boring. im trying to extend the chapters to be longer also. XP  eyyyy. first story. so kinda clueless and stupid. thats all the updates for today i think lool unless i cant sleep and update more! who knows XD 

 

Ps. I say it a lot. w/e tho. Thanks yous ^ ^ <3