Together again

I lost my mind
Please log in to read the full chapter

2 months later…June…

Author’s POV

Haehyun is in CEO Kim’s office reading a proposal plan he is working on. She finishes and looks up to his anticipating face.

-Well? -She says nothing.

-My child, I am waiting for your response. –He impatiently tells her.

-I like it. –She finally answers.

-I know you would. –He smiles.

-I don’t get why you have to show this to me. This is outside my jurisdiction and responsibility.

-Not really; your jurisdiction applies here. I want you to make an instrumental introduction music for this project. I want something grand. Something exotic.

Haehyun looks at him and finally nod after a moment.

-And I have a favor to ask you too.

Haehyun waits for him to continue.

-I want you to record the different sounds of nature for 3 days.

-Oh~ I’m curious, yeah~ She sings and he shakes his head.

-I need it for something; plus you have nothing else to do anyway.

-You just gave me an assignment; "create a grand instrumental music." –She reminds him.

-That is for later, I have to discuss this proposal to the others anyway. –He informs her.

-Okay. I need a vacation anyway. I haven’t gone anywhere for a while. –She agrees as she gets up from the couch and walks to the door.

-Keep the receipts so I can pay you later. –CEO Kim adds as she bows him farewell.

What the hell does he need this nature sounds anyway? Dang it. I agreed to that old geezer’s favor again without asking proper questions. I should be suspicious of him sometimes. I’m too comfortable and trusting towards him; and teacher too. These two old geezers...tsk tsk tsk. Well, I agreed already. I owe them at least this much.

Haehyun thinks as she walks back to her office.

 

 

3 days later, 8 PM

 

Yixing is sleeping on his bed when Manager Sunghoon abruptly opens the door of his room. Yixing has been sleeping all day.

-Lay! Wake Up! –He shakes Yixing’s body while panting.

He had been running.

-Hyung? –Yixing wakes up and stares at Sunghoon’s face which wears a worried expression.

-Hurry up and get ready. You are going back home to China in an hour.

-Why? Isn’t it supposed to be next week? –The confuse Yixing asks. 

-You have a family emergency in China. –Sunghoon slowly calming down.

-Is everyone alright? –Yixing’s eyes grow wider with shock and worry.

-I don’t know. –Sunghoon replies.

Yixing gets up from his bed and start changing his clothes getting ready for his sudden trip to China.

-What’s going on? –Suho asks from the door; the other members of EXO behind him with worried expressions on their faces.

-I have a family emergency. –Yixing informs them without looking at their direction because he is too busy changing and gathering his already packed luggage.

-Is everyone alright? –Luhan asks.

-I don’t know.

-Why don’t you call and ask. –A brilliant suggestion from Chen.

Everyone look at him. He shrugs. Yixing reaches for his phone and calls his older sister. She picks up after the 2nd ring.

-Hello?

-Jei, is everyone alright?

-Oh my god. Did Ma actually called you?

-No, manager hyung told me. What’s going on?

-Everyone is fine. I just fell on the stairs. I’m in the hospital now, with a slight concussion. I alright, no need to panic.

-Really?

-I’m talking to you right now aren’t I?

-Right.

-Everyone is fine. Ma just over reacted.

-Okay.

-See you next week, okay? I’m going to rest.

-Okay.

Yixing hangs up. His EXO members and Sunghoon are looking at him for answers.

-Everyone is fine. My mother just over-reacted. –Yixing says.

-That’s great but you still have to go back to China tonight. –Sunghoon says apologetically.

-Why? –Yixing asks.

-Because I beg the airline on my way here. They were hesitant at first but they agreed because you are a regular costumer. –Sunghoon explains.

-Okay. I slept the whole day anyway. –Yixing understands.

It would be impolite and a bother to ask the airline to change his flight again.

-Thanks. –Sunghoon smiles at the understanding Lay.

Yixing hugs his EXO members and tells them to have a good mouth vacation with their family too. EXO is given a month off because they just finished their two months promotion of their 2nd Album a day ago. They were official off next week, although they do not have any schedule this week. EXO members ask him to bring them back some souvenirs from Changsha. Luhan asks him to call him sometimes so they can hang out when they are in China. Saying their farewell again, EXO members hug their main dancer, Lay. Yixing and Sunghoon get in the van, leaving EXO’s dorm and heads to the airport.

The van stops. Yixing looks outside. Where are we? He looks at Sunghoon, who is now out of the car. Sunghoon opens the door and motion for Yixing to get out. Yixing looks at him with a confuse face.

-Hyung, where are we? –Yixing asks, still confuse.

Sunghoon gives him an envelope. He takes it.

-Read it.

Yixing opens the env

Please log in to read the full chapter