Her Introduction

I lost my mind
Please log in to read the full chapter

What’s up, I’m Cho Haehyun. I just woke up, and now I’m eating breakfast with my family. I’m the maknae and the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Cho Changmin. I have an Oppa, who is 30 years old. His name is Cho Junho. He is a main producer of SBS, a Television Network in South Korean. SBS is one of the big 3 local station of the nation; KBS and MBC are the other two. Our parents run a small restaurant in Gangnam, Seoul. It’s a restaurant that serves dinner only and the menu includes Korean and Chinese cuisine. You see, our parents are chefs. They met each other after their college graduation; Father graduating from Seoul University, and Mother from Beijing Arts University. They opened this small restaurant after their graduation, getting their capital from our father’s family (they are quiet well off).  This restaurant is 32 years old. Two years older than Junho Oppa and 7 years older than I am. 

Ok, let me talk about our house. There is a small hallway when you walk in our house. Our house is divided into two by the kitchen, dining room, and the living room. The master bedroom that house a bathroom of its own in located in the right with the laundry room. The left side is where the entrance is located. My room and Junho Oppa’s are located in the left too. The second bathroom is sandwiched between our rooms.

-How is Yixing? -Mother asks.

I look up from my breakfast and to her face.

-Me? -I asks while chewing my food and pointing at myself with my chopsticks. I blink twice at her.

-Who else would I be talking to about Yixing? Of course you. –Mother replies. I can almost hear her eyes rolling but I  think she is refraining herself from doing so.

-Right, I forgot. –I bit my lower lip and then turn to my food again and continue eating.

-So? –Mother impatiently asks.

Once again I look up from my breakfast and face her.

-I don’t know. I haven’t talk to him in ages. –I simply answer as I get off my seat.

-Why haven’t you? –She asks with annoyance in her voice.

I did not answer. I walk to my room. As I prepare for work in my room, I hear Mother talking to Junho Oppa and Father.

-What is wrong with her? –Mother asks with sadness in her voice.

-Honey, there are a lot of things? Which one are you talking about exactly? –Father asks her out of courtesy.

Father has always been funny, well to me he is anyway. Mother just heavy sigh, giving up at trying to understand me or Father's lack of support of her feelings. Junho Oppa just stays away from all of it.

You see, this conversation have been conversed, discussed, whatever you call it, for more than 7 years. Father and Junho Oppa got used to it, and obviously Mother hasn’t.

Yixing. Well, Yixing is my husband of 7 years. He is Chinese. I’m Korean. Our mothers are best buddies in college. Mother was studying in Beijing and his mother befriended her. They were both new to Beijing, his mother is a Changsha native, another city in China. They were each other’s best friend and roommates. They got along so well that they promised that when they have children, they will arrange a marriage so that both of them can call each other family. My brother was born and Yixing’s noona, Yifie (I call he Mei Mei), was born a year later. Since then they were destined to be husband and wife.

Of course the two knew about each other because of Mother and Yixing’s Mother (I call her Mama) constant communication. We travel to Changsha for vacations sometimes. Mother said it’s for Junho Oppa and Mei Mei to get to know each other. They did. They ended up being friends. Just friends though. We didn’t know that Mei Mei was dating someone. We didn’t know Junho Oppa was dating too. We always thought they were an official couple because they were no objection from both of them.

7 years ago, year 2009, is the most memorable year for all of us. Ever. That fateful year is when Junho Oppa's and Mei Mei’s wedding is. Mother and Mama planned a small wedding for them. It’s just Yixing’s family and my family that attended. The wedding was rushed because Mama found out that Mei Mei had been dating someone. To tie them permanently together, Mother and Mama

Please log in to read the full chapter