9

Silver

"Minho-why is there a shirtless dude sitting on your couch?" Onew yelled a bit too loudly as he entered Minho's small apartment. The elder boy had the key to the apartment and when he opened the door to the shabby place, the first thing he saw was the (very) appealing blonde boy on the couch.

Minho exited his room, with a towel drying of his hair when he looked at the said person.

"He's Taemin's friend." Minho simply answered. Unaffected by the fact that the lust fairy was shirtless for reasons unknown. Jonghyun had applied a certain kind of potion on himself to get Minho from lusting over him. The only bad thing was that the potion would only work on person at a time. Despite him learning five years worth of potions, it was the only one he could find.

"So shouldn't he be at Taemin's?" Onew asked.

"He's having a shoot so he's in my hands now. His name is Jonghyun by the way." Minho asked as he went back to his room to get properly dressed up.

Onew dumped his bad on the floor and walked to sit on the seat opposite to the couch Jonghyun was sitting on.

"My name is Onew-no well my name is Jinki but a lot of people like calling me Onew." Onew said. Reaching his hand out to shake Jonghyun's.

"I like Jinki better." the boy spoke back.

"So no shirt?" Onew asked. Slightly feeling the room getting warmer as the too y boy looked at him.

"Its too warm here." the boy answered back, taking his shirt (one of the dozens Taemin had generously bought for him) and putting it back on.

"You don't have to put it back on if you don't want to." Onew tried to say.

"But I could hear your heart beating too loudly."

 

 

 

"You're leaving him with me?" Onew asked back. Wide-eyed as Minho simply asked him to take care of Jonghyun for the day. He had to run to the company as Taemin's manager called him to do a few things.

"Please? Taemin said not to leave him alone." Minho pleaded back as he put his shoes.

"If I knew this is why you called me here, I wouldn't have come." Onew mumbled back. He clearly didn't like babysitting. Especially babysitting one who made his heart flutter for no reason. He is a psych student. He should be able to control his own thoughts.

"I could take care of myself." Jonghyun said from his seat. He could clearly hear all the words being exchanged between the two. He honestly does not get why he needs to be taken care of. Sure this was human world but he knew what he could and what he could not do. Taemin was just too scared for him. He said that fairies weren't used to this world. That even he took several months to get use to this odd world.

"Taemin would kill me if I leave you alone. So please Onew?" Minho said. Leaving the apartment before Onew could even answer.

Onew walked back to the seat he took in front of Jonghyun. The boy was reading a magazine. Onew didn't know what to do so he took out his iPod and plugged it into his ears as he laid back on the chair.

Jonghyun looked curiously at the device and he felt like a little kid again who found a new toy. Jonghyun moved and sat next to Onew. Looking at him wide-eyed. Forgetting the effect he had on the elder boy. Onew took out the bud and looked back at Jonghyun.

"What's that?" the boy asked.

"An iPod." Onew answered. Slightly curious as to why a grown man like Jonghyun didn't know the existance of an iPod.

"Why are you putting the string in your ears?" He asked again.

"Its called earbuds and its for hearing music." Onew answered.

"Music? But how can music fit into that tiny little thing?" Jonghyun asked as he took one of the earbuds into his ear. Onew was clearly not able to control his thoughts right now.

"You like it?" Onew asked the boy. Now getting a little comfortable as he saw Jonghyun breaking a little from his stone-ish image a moment ago. He seems more like child now.

"Its amazing. I love music." Jonghyun answered back as he continued hearing the pleasing tune. His eyes were closed.

"Really? What sort of music do you listen to?" Onew asked him. Trying to keep the conversation alive.

"Anything really but I like to sing more." Jonghyun answered.

"You can sing?"

"Do you want to hear?" Jonghyun asked excitedly . No one besides Minho and Taemin had ever heard him sing. Lust fairies are known to have good voices as it is one of the instruments used to please their mate. When in fairyland, Jonghyun didn't dare to sing in front of anyone.

"Oh-sure. If you want to." Onew did not expect the boy to sing out of sudden. Aren't people usually shy of these sort of things?

Jonghyun took out the earbud from his ear and started to hum a peculiar tune. It was one of the songs he sings to when he gets bored. And after a few moments, the words started to play out. Jonghyun felt so happy at the moment.

Onew was dumbstrucked. He had never heard of such a voice before. He didn't want the song to end.

"You-you're really good. You should be a singer or something." Onew stuttered.

"Taemin said he would help me but it would take a while. I don't really mind since I'm new here." Jonghyun shrugged as he went back to his seat. Leaving Onew.

"Do you want to go grab something to eat?" Onew asked him.

"Are you hungry?" Jonghyun asked him back.

"Kind of." Onew answered. Besides he didn't know what to do with Jonghyun anymore here.

"Then I'm hungry too."

 

 

 

"I don't eat bread or meat." Jonghyun answered as Onew pointed out an hotdog stand.

"Wait- so you don't eat chicken either?" Onew asked. Shocked by the fact that someone does not eat chicken.

"No."

"So what do you eat?"

"Fruits mostly. Sometimes I eat flowers too." Jonghyun answered back.

"Should I get you flowers then?" Onew asked. Feeling odd as the words rolled off his tongue. It felt like he was asking Jonghyun out or something. Onew chuckled softly to himself.

"Why are you laughing?" Jonghyun asked him.

"No-I just. This seems like a date to me." Onew answered honestly.

"A date? May I know what is that?" Jonghyun asked. In fairyland-no one ever dates. Usually your mate gets chosen for you. But in Jonghyun's case or any other lust fairy, several mates.

"Umm-a date is sort of like two people who like each other going out together." Onew answered. After a while of being with Jonghyun, he had become used to this boy asking him odd questions. Sometimes he doesn't even feel that Jonghyun is really a human. Where the hell did Minho and Taemin even find him?

"Isn't this a date then?" Jonghyun asked back.

"Huh?" Onew shocked to hear such a question.

"Do you like me?" Jonghyun suddenly asked the brunnette. It was merely an innocent question.

"Uh-yes I guess." Onew struggled to answer him.

"I like you too. You're very nice to me. So isn't this a date ?"

"I-yes. I guess."

"I like going on dates. It feels very nice." Jonghyun said. Amused by this dating thing.

It feels very nice and Onew's heart is about to explode. How could he feel like touching Jonghyun innapropriately in public but at the same time feel like keeping the boy in his pocket and protecting him from the world?

 

 

"We should go back now." Onew said to the boy who was eating his bouquet of flowers. People were giving them odd looks but Onew could care less. He is pysch student. He is used to studying odd behaviour. Jonghyun is surprisingly not the oddest person he has met though it seems like Jonghyun had just seen the world for the first time.

"Do we need too?" He liked going out with Onew. He always felt like the third wheel to Minho and Taemin.

"Yes. Minho just texted me. They are getting home now."

"Can't I just stay with you?"

 

 

 

Author's note: i don't care what anyone says-i heart jongyu. And shinee's teaser pics are killing me slowly.p/s: this story might take more than the initially planned 12 chaps, would anyone mind that?