3

Silver

"Minho-are you okay?" Key and Onew asked almost timidly when they spotted the tall brunette grinning into thin air while sitting in the cafeteria. He was so much into his own little happy world that he didn't even notice the two and kept grinning to himself.  

"Minho? " Onew called out his name again. This time tapping on his shoulder. 

"Oh-guys-hi." Minho blurted out when he felt someone shaking his shoulders.  

"Seriously are you okay? You look like the freaking Joker of Batman on the loose." Key said. 

"I'm fine." Minho said. Okay maybe he shouldn't have thought about that really, incredibly heart-poundingly moment when Taemin touched his face and talked to him and everything. 

"You met him didn't you? "Key asked. Raising an eyebrow.  

" If by him, you mean the sun that lights up my world then yes." Minho grinned again.

"What did you say to him but more importantly what did he say to you?" Onew asked. Hoping that Minho wouldn't still grin like a on drugs monkey circus. 

"I-he well he-" Minho blushed furiously. He has never been like this all his life and honestly Lee Taemin is the only person that makes him feel like a giddy teenager. 

"God-can you get even more infatuated with that idol?" Key says in frustration. Its honestly embarrassing to watch the guy that single-handedly help beat up his (four big) bullies in mere seconds be a complete fool like this over an idol.

"You have no idea how deep I am."  

 

 

 

Its the next day when Minho was asked to go the studio located at the town's end for photoshoot. It appears that Taemin is going to be the cover of a magazine next month and have several pages featuring him in it. Minho had mentally reminded himself not to forget to buy the issue. 

And so 9 am, he rode his blue bicycle to the studio. Yes he rides a bicycle because a car is too expensive for his tiny pocket and a motorcycle is too freakishly dangerous in his opinion. But riding a bicycle with a breakfast pack strapped to his back was uncomfortable. Mostly because he was scared that he would spill precious food for his idol. So he rode almost too carefully.  

By 9.30 am he reached the already crowded studio. They were already setting up the set. It was a dreamy french boy theme . With the walls already painted a creamy pale yellow while the floor was filled with disorganised music sheets and petals of wilted flower. There was a tall metal ladder too which stood at the far end of the space. The rest of the set was designed meticulously to fit the theme.

 Minho was honestly surprised by the amount of work these people put in to make Lee Taemin look even more perfect than he already is. Speaking of which, he hasn't seen the pretty boy. He thought Taemin was suppose to arrive earlier since Mr.Kim already sent him another text that asked him to hurry because Taemin was hungry.

 

A few seconds later maybe, a sudden cold wind blew in his ear. Minho was surprised and immediately step back to look at what the hell was it blowing in his ear. 

Maybe he shouldn't have turned so soon because now he was rendered speechless looking at teasing smile on that perfect face. 

"Where's my food?" He asked. 

 "Oh-here. I'm sorry I'm late Taemin-shi." Minho apologised while passing the food pack to Taemin.

He opened it up and looked inside before staring back at Minho.  

"You didn't make me a smoothie?" Taemin asked. Almost pouting. Minho's heart was jumping in and out.  

"I made you coffee. Mr.Kim said to bring you coffee. I-" It was in the text. Coffee and more fruits and yogurt.

Taemin then moved too close near him and lifted those sinful fingers again. 

"I want a smoothie please? " Taemin tapped his fingers at Minho's jaw. His eyes were teasingly maddening. Minho didn't-he couldn't think.  

"Ye-yes. I'll go make you one." 

"Thank you." 

 

 

So Minho searched the entire studio for its kitchen. Lucky thing that the place had a fully stocked pantry.  

After making one, he immediately delivered the cold drink to Taemin who was already getting his make-up done. 

Minho stared the whole way while the make-up artist painted his lips a pretty pale pink. And the little eye-line that made his eyes seem bigger. Minho honestly thought Taemin already looked good enough without make-up. 

 

After getting his make-up done, Taemin suddenly stood up and approached Minho again. His manager went to speak with the photographer and if he needed anything, he could request it from Minho. Even if all he wanted to do was talk. 

"How do I look?" Taemin suddenly asked. 

"Huh- I-you look great." 

"Really?" He asked the stuttering boy. He knows he shouldn't be doing this to the poor boy but Minho was fun to tease. Especially when he would get all red like this. Taemin knows he's being selfish but he likes to play and tease with a new doll.  

 "Are you going to watch me take my shots? " he asked again. Loving looking at Minho when he got even redder.

"If I can." 

"I want you to watch me."  

 

Minho honestly wondered how Taemin does it. How the entire set suddenly seems to glow when he's in it. All the work done to decorate the set seemed pointless when they just turned dull with Taemin in comparison. And this wasn't just the feeling of a fanboy. If Minho wasn't a fan, he would still be wondering how that boy does it. 

 

 

It was the third batch of shots when the photographer had requested for Taemin to lean against the tall metal ladder. And maybe the ladder wasn't as stable as it should be because after a few takes, the ladder abruptly falls down. Hitting Taemin's back and causing him to fall on the ground.  

All the people in the set froze before immediately running to pick up the heavy metal piece off the precious boy. His back was bleeding slightly. They could see the red liquid seeping through his pale grey shirt. 

Minho couldn't breathe when he saw his idol injured like that. Which made all the more confusing when Taemin refused for the paramedics to help him. Not even allowing a single person to touch him before he walked back to his dressing room and locked it up. 

Everyone was more than worried. Taemin needed a doctor, someone to check on him but he didn't allow it. Not even opening the door of his dressing room to his manager. 

And Minho was more than shocked when Mr.Kim said that Taemin had requested for him by passing a note under the door of his dressing room. Why him instead of someone with real capabilities to treat him? Minho was worried and nervous at the same time.  

 

 

When Minho knocked the door, it abruptly opened and  

"Lock the door." Minho heard a voice from the corner of the room. 

He walked further into the room and he saw the blood-stained shirt on the floor. Minho was more than worried.

And walking further, Minho's eyes feasted on the most beautifully heartbreaking scene. 

Taemin was closing his eyes in pain while his hands was gripping onto a metal chair. His legs were almost kneeling but the firm grip on the chair kept him barely standing.

But the part on Taemin that struck Minho the most was the wing-like structures arching from his spine. They were bigger than the body that held it together. They were glowing. And they were shedding sparkly dust as they fluttered slowly in pain.  

Silver wings were protruding from Taemin's back and a part of the beautiful silver was covered with dark red liquid. His wings were injured. Minho couldn't grasp the scene in front of him. 

 

"My wings hurt. Help me-please." 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: remember in the foreword when I said this won't be a reality fic? Well its more a fantasy fic really and Taemin is a flirty fairy in this one.  After this maybe Minho's character will be less fanboy and more of a something more mature.