5

Silver

 Its dinner time and Minho is at his apartment, alone. He is hungry and tired because he's been spending the whole morning at the company with Taemin and the entire afternoon at college. It was hard trying to balance his internship with college. But as hard as it was, its worth it. How else would he get the chance to meet Lee Taemin.

 So he orders pizza because he's too tired; too lazy to cook. Pepperoni pizza with extra cheese.

Half an hour later the pizza guy arrives. He takes the pizza and pays the fifteen bucks to the guy. He plops on the couch and watches the latest music show which features Taemin. Who else would he watch?  

And this time he notices all the difference in Taemin's moves. Like how his feets seems to be above air at times. Or like how bits of glitter dust falls from his finger tips a little. And he notices how everyone in the audience seems to be in a trance when Taemin starts to sing to the very end. 

Any other normal fan wouldn't notice. But Minho wasn't any normal fan, he was the fan that knew his idol was a fairy. And a very pretty fairy his idol was. 

 

 After the show ended, Minho was too lazy to care about his current state; pizza crumbs on his shirt; one sock missing from his feet; sweatpants with a hole at the ankle of it and decided to sleep on the couch. Because really he was a guy living alone.

 

Minho didn't know how long he slept but he assumed it wasn't as long as he hoped it was. He was awakened by the sound of something moving in his apartment. The sound of a trapped bird flying of some sort. 

When he opened his eyes, a pair of twinkly eyes met his. A Lee Taemin floating in air. With his wings fluttering.  

Shocked, Minho fell off the couch, scrambling to cover his messy state somehow. Taemin laughed at him. 

 

"Silly Minho. " his feet stepped on the wooden floor. 

"What are you doing here?" Minho didn't know what else to say. Lee Taemin was in his freaking apartment.  

"I was bored and hungry. Very hungry." He said, pouting a little. Minho stood up properly and tried to not panic. 

"I have pizza if you want some. " Minho picked up the pizza box with about four more pieces still uneaten. Taemin looked at it in disgust.  

"Do you want me to die?" Taemin asked back. 

"No-no. Its just pizza. I-" Minho panicked. 

"Its bread. My kind die when we even touch bread."  

"I didn't know-sorry. I have some chicken I could fry up for you if you want." 

"Animals are my friends. I don't eat my friends." Taemin raised another eyebrow. 

"I-sorry. What do you eat?" 

"Fruits. I eat fruits. And you can't eat my friends anymore." Taemin fisted his palms and feets dangling above the floor  

"I-sorry." Minho mentally slapped himself. Why was he so wordless in front of Taemin?

 

 

 

Minho was washing the fruits he had in his fridge when he suddenly saw a fairy with a broom.

"What are you doing?" 

 "Sweeping. Your house is a mess." Taemin said with his feet of the ground and hands holding on to the sweeping broom.

"You don't have to do that." Minho walked to pull away the broom. 

"You make me food. I sweep your floor." 

"I-" 

"I want my food. Go make them." Taemin pulled away from Minho. Minho went back to the kitchen site of his small apartment and started to peel the skin of the apples. 

"I didn't know fairies could sweep." 

"I didn't know humans eat pizza." Taemin made a face. 

"Do you want oranges too?" Minho asked. Still feeling awkward around Taemin.

 "Uh-huh. And do you have chilis too?" Taemin asked.

"But they'll burn your tongue." Minho said back. He's never really seen anyone eat chillis raw.

"I like something hot." Taemin winked at him. And Minho's heart raced a million miles ahead. 

 

 

 

Its minutes later when Taemin put down the brown broom and sat in front of Minho at his island. 

 "Thank you for the food." Taemin thanked him before chewing everything on the plate.

"D-on't you eat something else than fruits?" Minho enquired. Hands resting on the island. It was so hard trying to talk to Taemin like a normal person.  

"I like candy and jelly and this pink cloud called-" 

"Cotton candy?" 

"Yes. Oh Minho, do you know how to make cotton candy?" Taemin asked happily, pleadingly like a child. 

"No. You need a machine for that." 

"If I get you the machine,then can you make me some?" 

"Its easier to just buy cotton candy you know." Minho said. Relaxing a little finally. 

"But I want you to make it for me." Taemin took his hand. 

"Why?" Minho asked back. Feeling nervous again. It was a second ago when he finally felt okay. 

"Because everything you make always taste better. Oh-do you have sugar hands?" Taemin asked. Suddenly poking his tongue to taste Minho's hand. Shocking the boy. 

"Wha-what are you doing? " Minho pulled his hand back from the hand-. Falling down his stool in the process. 

Taemin kneeled down to meet Minho's eye level. His wings hitting the edge of the island. 

"Your hands don't taste like sugar. Its more like-kiwi. How come you can make food taste so good? I thought only people with sugar hands can do that." Taemin poked his nose with his index finger. 

"I-i don't know." 

 

 

 

After cleaning up after the fairy, Minho found him sitting on the window pane, facing his larger than life poster on the other side of the building. 

Minho wanted to warn the boy it was dangerous to be sitting there, that he would fall down but then Minho remembered that he could fly. God-he didn't how but it was easy to absorb the fact that his idol had wings. Besides Minho have seen fanarts with Taemin having wings.  

And then Minho wondered, was he the only that knew? If there was someone else, who would it be? Minho felt slightly oddly threatened and envious if another human had come into with Taemin like this. He felt like he was the only one who had the right to look at such a profound beauty. 

 

Minho stood next to the sitting fairy. Taking a breath before he started not to breathe when he looked at Taemin.

 

"I look good in that picture don't I?" Taemin asked him. Fairies loved looking pretty.  

"You always look good." Minho replied back. It was true, he has never seen the boy not look good.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you like this in the middle of the night. " the fairy apologised suddenly.  

"Its fine really. I would hate it if you went to someone else." 

" What makes you think I have someone else to go to?" Taemin glared at him.

"I-am I the only one who knows? " 

"Yes." Taemin answered firmly.  

"Why just me?" 

"Because you love me the most. "