4

Silver

To say that Minho was shocked was utterly an understatement. But in all honesty he found himself believing in the astounding image in front of his eyes.  

Taemin is a fairy.  

That somehow made sense in Minho's head because the boy was too good to be true. To be human. 

Taemin is a injured fairy

Minho panicked. And didn't know what to do.  

 

"What am I-" 

"There is a small green bottle in my bagpack. Take it and rub the ointment gently. Please before someone-sees me like this." Taemin pleaded in pain. His wings were as important as his beating heart. They being injured felt like life was being out of him. 

Scrambling, Minho furiously searched the bag for the green bottle And finding it made his heart feel like a thousand balloons floating. He went near Taemin, heart pounding. How was he suppose to touch the beautiful creature?  

"What do I do now?" Minho asked nervously.  

"Just pour a little onto the wound and gently rub it. Gently please. My wings-they are fragile." Taemin said with his eyes closed. He was trying to breathe calmly. Hiding his wings was easy from the human eye, but hiding injured wings were impossible. The magic in them tend to fade and nothing; no amount of potions and spells can hide them once injured. Taemin needed to heal so he could fold his wings.  

 

 

Shaking, Minho poured the strange blue liquid onto the bleeding wound. He could hear Taemin hissing when the liquid seeped into the wound.  

Minho's heart pounded nervously. Injured or not. Winged or not. This boy still was his sunshine, his idol. How can he touch someone he has been adoring all this time without his heart pounding like mad? 

But he had to do it. Taemin needed to feel better. He needed Taemin to be better. And so he rubbed the wound slowly. Not even allowing the slightest bit of pressure to slip from his fingers. 

Like magic or something more, the places Minho touched began to heal. Turning into fading scars. The blue potion must have its magical ways to heal because Minho knew he was only human. Not capable to heal injured wings with his bare fingers. 

 

 A few moments later, Taemin walked slightly further from Minho. And then his healed wings folded and embedded like a tattoo on his back. It was spectacular when his wings bursted in silver dust. It was breathtaking to see the thousands silver lines on Taemin's white skin like a meticulously made tattoo. If anyone walked in after them, all they could was a shirtless Taemin and his pretty tattoed back.

 

The golden boy then took a new shirt and wore it. 

 

"Thank you." He whispered before leaving the dressing room. Leaving Minho dazed and confused because what in the world had just happened? 

 

 

The photoshoot went on perfect afters. With the magazine representative apologising endlessly to Taemin. One bad word from the boy can cause his fans to burn down their company.  

 

Minho stayed in the dressing room the whole time. Trying to think. Trying to make sense of everything. All the while still feeling giddy from touching Taemin.  

It was two hours later when the photoshoot ended, when Taemin had yet again requested for Minho alone. This time to drive him home.  

 

Once in the expensive, tinted car, it was utter silence. Minho didn't speak. Neither did Taemin. Minho had wanted to ask but he didn't know how to. 

It was 30 minutes later when they reached Taemin's large private villa by the hillside. Minho assumed Taemin lived there because there were hills behind the house. And it was empty, the place. The boy would be able to fly whenever he wanted to without anyone seeing him. 

 

 

"Aren't you coming in?" The boy asked him when Minho didn't leave the car.  

"Am I allowed?" 

"Don't you want to know why I have wings?" 

 

 

 

There was a land far enough that no man could ever travel to. Be it by the air. Be it by the open waters. Be it by the brown ground. 

And in that nameless land, lived thousands of winged creatures. Humans know them simply by the name of fairies. 

Purple wings live to dance. 

Blue wings live to build homes.  

Gold wings live to rule the land. 

Brown wings live to protect the land. 

Pink wings live to kiss and touch. 

Red wings live to find food for the others. 

Yellow wings live to grow flowers and care for them. 

Orange wings live to heal other fairies. 

Green wings live to tend to animals. 

Silver wings? They had no place. No one wanted a fairy with silver wings. He was the odd one.He was the lonely one.  

Day by day he lived alone. With no family. With no friends. With no one. 

The other fairies did speak to him. Only to taunt him. Only to hurt him with their vicious words. Some said his parents were ashamed of his wings and left him when he was an infant. Some said his mother had made love to a demon. Some said he was not suppose to live. 

And then came one day when his heart broke too much. Came the day when he didn't want to stay there anymore. 

He took what he had which was barely anything besides his little potions and clothes and flew off. 

After a few days, the silver winged fairy had found himself in a new land altogether. A land where man had no wings. A land where no man would be judge by the colour of his wings. So he hid his.

And in this land the people accepted him. 

And in this land he could sing his heart out.

And in this land everyone wanted him; adored him; loved him. 

 

 

 

 

 "Don't I belong here Minho?" Taemin asked afters. The sun was still up and the rays from the window hit Taemin's face. This creature, no matter what he was, still was the most beautiful being Minho has ever seen.

"You do." 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note: writing this is so much fun. I hope you guys like this story so far. p/s: please please please comment. I need them.