15

Silver

Minho had never wanted the sun to never shine. Never like this before.

He is scared to open his eyes. To see which part of his Taemin is lost today.

All he wants to do is hold on to the warmth in his arms.

Maybe if he never lets go, maybe a part of Taemin would stay.

Minho closes his eyes. Trying his best not to open them even if the sunlight has already protuded his eyelids.

He tries very hard not to look. He knows he cannot take it if he sees any more missing parts of his Taemin.

He tries very hard not look.

That is until he hears a familliar voice calling out his name. A voice he thought had already been taken by the moon.

"Baby,wake up." he hears that voice calling him out. The tips of Taemin's fingertips taping his chest.

"Minho,please. Look at me." he hears that voice again.Hoping that it wasn't a dream, he opens his eyelids and he sees his fairy smiling at him. A smile he thought he would never see again.

"Tae-"

"I can hear my own voice. Minho-I'm not dreaming am I?" Taemin speaks again.

"I think I am." the elder boy answers as he kisses the boy softly.

"Do you think my wings-"

"Why don't you try?" Minho says even if he didn't want to get the fairy's hopes up.

 

Taemin climbs off the bed and took off his shirt. Minho could see the web-like veins embedded in the boy's back. He started to get excited for maybe Key had already changed his mind and undone the spell.

Taemin closes his eyes, trying to keep himself calm. He begs that the spell has been undone. Please. Please. Please.

The moon fairy takes in a deep breath before he tries to open up his wings. He could feel his back tingling. His eyebrows furrowed in concentration.

In a swift movement, a second too fast to count, a pair of silver wings fluttered. The sound of it beating against the wind caused Taemin's heart to swell. He was so scared of losing himself.

"Minho, the spell-" Taemin tried to say. So happy he felt. He could see glitter dust blowing in the wind as his wings fluttered. He immediately rose above the wooden floors and flew to his lover. Kissing Minho with so much delight.

"You look so beautiful." Minho says to the fairy before he spots a letter on the side of their bed. A letter addressed to him. Written in Key's handwriting. He took and opened the letter. Reading the words written with his brown orbs along with Taemin next to him.

 

Dear love,

I wanted to say goodbye but you and your Taemin seemed so peaceful laying in each other's arms.

By dawn, your beloved should have parts of him back.

I will not apologise for casting a spell on him. It would be the same as being sorry for loving you. I can never be sorry for that.

Thank you for protecting me.

Thank you for being my friend.

I have found a creature as lonely as I am.

The moon is as lonely as I am.

She and I deserve each other don't we?

I love you for she loves your moon fairy.

Maybe we could learn to love each other instead.

By dawn, I shall be gone.

I shall be with her instead

I broke the pact. Don't you worry.

I said to her -

I shall take the moon fairy's fate for my beloved can never love me back.

 

 Kim Kibum.