12

Silver

He was only seven when he accidentally set his house on fire that killed his parents.

All he did was scream that they were mean because they wouldn't let him out of the house because he was dangerous.

He didn't know he was-dangerous. He thought they were lying.

He didn't think that by saying that he didn't want his parents alive anymore, that they would die.

He never knew they were right. So very right.

He is dangerous. Frightfully so.

 

When the house burnt down, into ashes of grey and flickering red, those mere humans carried him away.

To keep him safe for they did not what he was capable of doing.

They kept him in a little warm, loving orphanage.

It was nice.  Truly it was. The housekeeper also tended to him. He was never left alone.

But there was one bully. A very big one that liked to too much.

He cried one day because the bully told him he was weak.

That he was the reason his parents died. The little boy didn't like hearing such words coming out of such a horrid boy.

So he never did.

The bully was never seen again. He flew along with the wind as he crumbled into dust.

 

He was sixteen when he finally inherited his parent's fortune. Though it was not much, he was able to find a himself a big enough apartment.

He went to school. But as always, he hid in the shadows.

He was older now, more capable of keeping himself-his power in place.

But even in the shadows, he shone bright. He was a gifted person, standing out from the rest.

Sadly enough, he caught the eyes of a few horrible boys.

They for being too feminine. That he was too pretty to be a boy.

That they were going to have some fun with him for the rest of the year.

He was cornered into one of the lockers, the boys trying to break his skin.

He almost spoke-those words that would pierce their hearts and bring them horrible pain.

But before he could, a knight in shiny armour saved him.

 

"Are you okay?" his knight said, almost breathless from beating up the others.

"Yes. Tha-thanks." he stuttered back.

"I'm Minho."

"Key."

 

 

He loved Minho from the moment he saw him. The taller boy was so strong,so protective-so handsome.

He didn't mind that they were only friends from the start. Because Minho had never dated anyone seriously before. All those girls (and boys) never dared come near his Minho. His spells had done so.

He didn't even mind when he discovered that his crush was head over heels with that too-thin too-blonde singer Lee Taemin. Everyone had their own fixation.

He didn't mind when Minho had gotten an intership at that company. He was even happy for Minho. He even occasionally teased the taller boy for being so head over heels over a singer. Key loved seeing that red blush on Minho's cheeks. How pretty it was. He never thought it would turn into anything serious. It was not suppose to turn into anything serious.

He did however mind-when that Taemin came to college one day and kissed Minho's cheeks in front of him. Hugging Minho's body like he owned the boy. How dare he? How dare he touch Minho?

He did mind when Minho told him they were dating. How could his spells not work on Taemin? Key was starting to question his abilities. Didn't he curse every single human being to stay away from Choi Minho?

That was when Key had discover that Lee Taemin was not close to being a mere human. He was fairy. A moon fairy-the rarest fairy of them all. A fairy that had silver wings and a voice like the moon. A fairy that the flowers would giggle at in happiness when he flew past them.

He had to get rid of Taemin. He didn't want his Minho to be stolen away. The thought of it hurt him.

He said his words.

And in a few sunrises, the moon fairy would fade away.

 

 

 

 

Author's notes: and i was like, what sort of plot twist i could bring to this story. oh-key's a witch.