Competition

World of Color

When you returned to school, neither you nor Seojin had gotten over what happened after the concert. As a result, Taewoo was forced to hear the story over and over again as you talked about it. And of course, the story got more detailed and exaggerated every time. One his way to drop you off at home at the end of the day, Taewoo finally had had enough.

"Can we stop talking about him now? I get that he is your favorite singer, but he is just a normal guy. He helped you up, he didn’t propose. If it had been any other guy, you wouldn’t still be talking about it." He stayed calm while speaking, but you could tell by his tone that he was frustrated with the topic.

"I’m sorry, Oppa. I guess we didn’t realize how boring of a topic it would be for you." You said quickly, turning to look at him as the car pulled up in front of your apartment. He sighed.

"I shouldn’t have snapped at you. I’m sorry too." He gave an apologetic smile and then looked from you to the doors of your complex. Wanting to find a way to make him feel better, you acted on a whim.

"Would you like to come up for dinner?" His eyes flashed to yours and when he saw your reassuring smile, he consented. He pulled his car into the lot under your complex and the two of you went up to your apartment. You both kicked off your shoes and you told him to make himself at home.

"I like this place. It feels like you." He said as he took in all the little things you had brought to make it feel more like home.

"Thank you. I still have some things I want to get, but it feels like home to me already." You set about cooking some meat and vegetables after setting rice in the cooker. Taewoo walked into the kitchen, still looking around.

"That smells really good." He smiled and you blushed.

"It isn’t much, really. Just meat, vegetables, and rice." You tried to focus on breaking apart the meat so you wouldn’t feel flustered.

You finished cooking and set the food out along with plates and chopsticks. You both sat down at the table and started eating.

"This is really good. I had no idea you could cook!" Taewoo said between mouthfuls, making you giggle. During the meal, you each talked more about yourselves. All sorts of questions were asked and you really enjoyed his company. It was comfortable.

After finishing eating, Taewoo stood and carried the dishes into the kitchen, taking the cute, pink apron you had worn while cooking and putting it on. He moved in front of the sink and started washing the dishes.

"Oppa, you really don’t have to do that! I can take care of it later."

"It’s fine, they are just dishes. I need to reimburse you for the meal." His smile was like a little sun in your kitchen. You perched yourself up on the counter while he finished the dishes and after he was done, he helped you down. Just as he reached back to untie the apron, you stopped him. He looked at you in confusion as you ran off for the polaroid camera you had recently purchased. You returned and he gave you a questioning look.

"I want to take pictures of good memories to put up. It’ll make this place feel even more like home."

"And you want to take a picture of me in this apron?" He asked a little disbelieving. He sighed but then nodded. “Okay, but you have to be in the picture with me. Otherwise I just look ridiculous."

You moved to stand next to him and he put an arm around you, his hand on your waist. He took the camera in his other hand to hold it out to take the picture. With your body now pressed into his side, you suddenly felt a little awkward. Taewoo certainly hadn’t been shy about his affections for you, but being so close to him made you nervous.

He quickly snapped a few pictures for you and set them out on the table. He took of the apron and moved to stand next to you to see the photos.

"These are cute. Can I have this one?" He asked while pointing at one. You said yes and he picked it up, smiling. “I better get going now. Lots of papers to grade." You said your goodbyes and he thanked you again for dinner.

The following day at school, Seojin came running up to you at lunch.

"Look! The group is holding a contest! The winner gets to take a few friends and have lunch with the group! We should enter! Then we have three chances to win!" You looked over the flyer together, both of you acting like the age of your students.

"What do you mean three? There are two of you. You teach math Seojin-ssi, I would’ve thought you could figure that much out." Taewoo didn’t look up from the apple he was eating as he spoke. You and Seojin looked at each other, both on the same page.  You moved to sit next to Taewoo and put your hand on his arm.

"Oppa, please enter for us. It would mean a lot to us. You know how much we like this group." You didn’t do aegyo much, but you were that sure putting a little into your voice would get him to break. And just as you had predicted, he caved in.

"Fine, I’ll enter with you guys. But if I win, you owe me dinners for a week." He bit into his apple aggressively, a little upset with himself for giving into your aegyo so easily.

The three of you moved into the office to open up the contest website on the computer. You each entered and stepped back to let the next person in. When you finished, you and Seojin squealed a little, talking about how great it would be if you won. Taewoo just let you act like teenagers and you each returned to your own classrooms at the end of the break.

————————————————————

Three weeks later, you again crowded around a computer to check the results of the contest. To Taewoo’s dismay, and your amazement, Taewoo had won. He had won the contest. He filled out the response sheet, entering Seojin’s and your name into the fields for the friends that would be accompanying him.

"Don’t forget, you owe me dinners for a week." He smirked a little as he spoke. He closed the page after completing the form, and stalked off back to his classroom.