Back

World of Color

The door opened, to reveal Him standing there. He was dressed casually, your favorite style of His. His eyes widened when he saw you and he didn’t seem to able to form words. You couldn’t either. You stared into each other’s eyes, somehow communicating with just looks. Your eyes scanned down to his hand that was propped up on the door. His ring was there. Even on a day that He was clearly at home rather than out in front of people, it was still there. Your heart burst with more emotions than you could comprehend. And you did something you never imagined doing.

You flew towards him, cupping his face, and going up on your toes. You pressed your lips against His. The kiss was firm and it didn’t even take Him a second to respond. You must have been right. He wasn’t over you either. There was no way he could kiss you like this and be over you.

When you pulled away from Him, you stared each other, both even more unable to speak now. When you could think about it, your mind was on overdrive. What had you just done? The onslaught of emotions and thoughts was too much. You turned from Him and ran down the hall, down the stairs and to the street.

You could hear Him calling after you, pleading with you to stop, not to go. You continued running, mostly because you didn’t know what else to do. This didn’t require you to think, to process what had just happened. You got to the street and hailed for a cab. Just as it stopped and you reached for the door, a hand grabbed your arm and you were twisted around.

His lips descended down to yours. His hands came one to cradle your face, his fingers slipping into your hair. The way he kissed you felt perfect. The passion and love in it left no doubt in your mind that He had lied. And you still didn’t care. You didn’t care about why he had done it. All you wanted was Him. Your arms came up and your hands wrapped themselves around his neck, into the hair near the nap of his neck, pulling him even closer to you. When you both broke apart for air, you stared at each other, and you finally managed to say something to him.

“Why?” You didn’t know what the question was referring to. Why he left, or why he chased you down, or why he still wore the ring. Nothing made sense.

“It was better for you. I promised to always put you first.” You stared at him, trying to wrap your head around his reply.

“And now?” He gave you a look that told you he was thinking, hard. Suddenly he tugged on your arm, pulling you upstairs to the dorm. He dragged you to his room and closed the door, pushing you up against it and kissing you again. Then he pulled back a little, but stayed just a few inches from your face.

“I didn’t know how far they would go to break us up, so I left. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done. I promised myself I wouldn’t go looking for you. You deserved to be happy.”

“I can’t. I can’t really be happy without you.”

“But you’re with Taewoo now.” How did he know that?

“How… it doesn’t matter. I’m still in love with you. I love you.” The seconds after you said this felt like years. You put your heart on the line again, without a second thought. Your heart was headed in his direction. Perhaps it never left him. Maybe you had only been experiencing some form of a pseudo-heart, because now you felt complete again.

“I love you too.” You pulled on his neck again, moving him back to your lips. You could feel your heart pounding and you knew what you wanted. But not like this. Before you could recommit yourself to Him, you had to end things with Taewoo.

“Oppa, I have to go home.” He shook his head, pulling you into another kiss. “Oppa, I have to tell Taewoo.”