Solving Problems

World of Color

A/N - You guys got lucky and Sannie dongsaeng demanded the next chapter. Since I already had it written, I obliged. But I really will hold back the next one if I don’t get feedback.

Also, listen to this while reading. It makes it better :)

-----------------------------------------------------

When you went downstairs, you found Him already waiting for you in the spot he had been in the previous week. Again, he had a hoodie on but this time he also wore sunglasses. He quickly turned when he heard the door open and you could tell he was watching you. You put your poker face on walked down the few steps to stand in front of him.

He reached out to pull you to him but you took a step back, keeping your eyes diverted from his face. The distance you created seemed to make him more anxious.

"You wanted to talk, so talk" you said softly, still not looking at him. He hesitated. He obviously didn't like the distance between the two of you, but he knew any more advances toward you would only push you away farther.

"I'm sorry. I was an idiot last night. We finished an interview and then went to get dinner as we planned. But the guys started drinking and I couldn't say no to them. We were celebrating after all. So I had a few drinks too," you scoffed at this point making him flinch a little, "before I knew it, we were all drunk and one of the guys called up some of our background dancers. When we finally left the restaurant, we were all drunk and joking around and I totally forgot that I had asked you to meet me. I wish I had a better reason than that but I don't want to give you a lame excuse. I forgot, and I'm sorry. After your friend pointed you out, I remembered that I had called you. When I saw that you were crying..." He trailed off, now unable to look at you. "I'm sorry. And I know saying it over and over doesn't make up for what I did."

He stopped speaking, and you finally looked up at him.

"If you've finished, I'll leave first." You didn't really want to keep talking and you didn't have much to say to him. You turned to head up the steps and he grabbed your hand. His hand was warm and it reminded you of the last time you held his hand, which had also been on this landing.

It was too much and you broke down, crying again. You wanted to stay strong and not let him see you cry, but now that he was here, all you wanted to do was cry into his chest. He must have wanted to hold you as much as you wanted him to because he pulled you into his chest, wrapping his arms around. He moved one hand up to run through your hair and he just held you. You wrapped your arms around his waist.

When you finally got control of yourself a few minutes later, you realized you both were still in public. You pulled away, kept hold of his hand and led him up to your apartment. You let him in and then returned to your spot buried in his chest. The two of you stood just inside the door, him holding you while you tried to stop crying.

You finally managed to get in control of your tear ducts and you pulled away, leading him into your apartment. He took his sunglasses and hoodie off now that he didn't have to hide and put them on your coffee table. You noticed the wet spot on him hoodie from your tears, along with some makeup that had come off. At that moment you realized you must look awful. You grabbed his hoodie and jumped up off the couch, heading for the bathroom to try and get the makeup off of it.

He followed, confused by your actions. When he saw you start to clean it, he pulled it out of your hands and tossed it aside.

"I need to get that out before it stains" you mumbled.

"I don't care about that. I care about you." He took a step towards you and cupped your face in his hands. His thumbs traced lightly under your eyes, wiping at your tear drenched skin. "Can you forgive me for this? I don't want to lose you, and I don't want this to be the reason why I do. I was an idiot, a jerk, every bad thing you can think of. But I can't lose you." He stared into your eyes as he spoke and you saw a fire burning in them. "I didn't plan to do it this way, but you have to know. I love you. I never thought I could fall in love so quickly and easily, but I did. I love you."

His confession took you by surprise and you stood there with your mouth open, staring back at him.

"You don't have to say it back right now. I don't expect you to. But, you needed to know before you made a decision. I'm sorry I hurt you and I will do everything in my power to make sure I never do it again." He spoke quickly, trying to get as much out as possible, afraid you would kick him out. You put a finger up to silence him, took a deep breathe and then finally started to speak.

"I love you too," the words slipped out and you couldn't stop them, "I can forgive this, but... don't do it again."

His eyes were burning even more now. When you finished, he pulled you into him again, hugging you tightly. He then leaned back a bit to kiss you. It wasn't a needy kiss, but one that expressed how much he loved you. He released you a minute or so later. He pressed his forehead against yours as you both caught your breath. He opened his mouth to speak again.

"I'm sor" you cut him off with a soft kiss.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore. I just want to forget about it and move on. It's in the past. I love you, and that's all I care about." He had tears in his own eyes now as he nodded.

"Have you eaten? We could go get breakfast?" He asked, still staring at your face. You shook your head.

"Just give me a minute to clean up a bit and I'll make breakfast. I don't really want to go out." He smiled at you, kissed your forehead, and then left you alone in the bathroom.

You cleaned off the makeup that had run down your face from crying and then went out to the kitchen. He was sitting on your couch, looking at the magazine you had left open. You didn't make anything complex, just scrambling some eggs and making toast for the both of you.

"I haven't had this style breakfast very much. I like it though." He said in between bites. You liked watching him eat. He looked so happy as he practically inhaled everything you put in front of him. It made you happy that you knew he was getting a home cooked meal. With the schedules he had had during promotions, who knew how long it had been since his last one.

When you both finished eating, he helped you with the dishes and then back hugged you when they were done.

"What do you want to do today?"

"You don't have to work?" You asked, surprised at the chance to have an entire day with him.

"Nope, I'm all yours today." He smiled and placed a kiss on your neck.

"Can we just stay in? I just want to watch movies, cuddle and eat. I like having you to myself." You blushed a little but he tightened his arms around you in reply.

"That sounds perfect."