Forced Confession

World of Color

The next few weeks were quiet for you. Your students were doing well. You saw Taewoo and Seojin during your breaks and sometimes on weekends. And you saw Him whenever he had time off, which was becoming frequent now that he was working on the next comeback rather than promotions. You were enjoying this time of calm.

But as the end of the semester drew closer, Taewoo seemed to be more and more on edge. You weren't sure what was going on with him lately. He had never liked hearing about Him but he usually at least sat through the conversations that came up about Him when you were talking with Seojin. Lately however, he would just walk away. You decided to confront him about it, so you invited him over for dinner.

You made meatloaf, which you had learned was his favorite American dish and it always put him in a good mood. You waited until after the meal to bring the subject up, wanting him in as good a mood as you could get him. He was one of your best friends, but his temper still frightened you sometimes.

When you finished cleaning the dishes, you both sat down on the couch. At this point you would normally watch a movie or drama, but you didn't reach for the remote to turn the tv on so he looked at you.

"Did you want to talk about something?" He looked a little confused as he spoke. You hesitated.

"What changed?"

"What do you mean?"

"You're different, or maybe I'm different. But we don't click like we used to." You looked in his eyes as you spoke. "I just wanted know if I did something to upset you."

"You didn't do anything, at least, not purposefully. I know it isn't really my business, so I haven't talked to you about it." He was starting to look uncomfortable so you shifted towards him and took one of his hands in both of yours.

"Taewoo oppa, you're my best friend. You know me better than Seojin and I come to you with all my problems. I want you to do the same." You were confused as to what the problem could be. He sighed and stared into your eyes.

"I'm in love with you." He watched your face after he said this. You didn't know how to react. You didn't pull away from him, but shock was written all over your face. He had been flirty when you first met, but lately you thought he just wanted to be friends. You sat there with your mouth open, unsure of what to do.

"I figured you would react like this.  And I know you're in love with Him, but I don't understand why. Your relationship with Him is complicated and difficult. I think you forgave Him far to easily after what happened at the club. I know I don't see the two of together frequently but I don't want you to get hurt. I'm sure he will break your heart, I just don't know when." You pulled away from him after that.

"You're right, you don't see me with Him, and you don't really know Him."

"No, I don't. But I know what I see. You didn't see yourself after what happened at the club. I was the one that saw you in pain and held you as you cried. I'm the one that listens to you complain about how you barely see Him. Can't you see that if you chose me, life would be easier? We wouldn't have to stay inside for most of our dates. And when we did go out, I wouldn't have to disguise myself. There would be no fans or image to worry about. Just you and me."

You stood up, pacing at the end of the couch. He was in love with you. Taewoo was in love with you.

He also stood up and moved towards you, holding your upper arms and turning you to face him. Before you could see it coming, he leaned down and kissed you.

Just as you pushed Taewoo away from you, He came through the door. You had given him a key for when he could come drop by unexpectedly.

"What's going on?" His voice was low, deadly sounding. If looks could kill, you were sure Taewoo would be dead.

"Oppa, Taewoo was just leaving." You said moving away from Taewoo, and towards Him. He put an arm around your waist, pulling you close to Himself as if to show that you were His.

"Why were you kissing her?" His eyes stayed focused on Taewoo. You tried to answer, but He ignored you.

"I was giving her options." Taewoo's voice also sounded menacing now. The looks of hatred flying between the two made the air thick with tension.

"She doesn't want options. She is with me."

"You say that, yet you aren't public. Nor have I ever heard her even call you her boyfriend."

"Taewoo oppa, I think you should leave now." You moved to stand between the two men. Taewoo's eyes flashed to you, and softened. He stared at you for a moment. You gave him a small smile.

"I think you're right. But I want to talk to you downstairs, alone." Taewoo moved towards the door, his eyes fixed on Him the entire time.

"No."

"Oppa, it's alright. He is my friend."

"No." He was being stubborn. You turned to Him and put a hand up to touch his cheek. You pulled his face down to yours and kissed him softly.

"It'll be alright." You said quietly, looking into his eyes. He let out a deep sigh, but nodded.

You and Taewoo made your way downstairs and out onto the landing.

"I know what your answer will probably be, but please think about what I said."

"Oppa, I..."

"Please, just consider me. Weigh your options. If you think He is still the one you should be with, then I'll accept it. But don't choose Him just because he's an idol or because he confessed first. Choose who you think is best for you." He moved to hug you gently before walking off to his car.

You stared after Taewoo for a moment before going back upstairs. When you opened the door to your apartment, He was waiting for you, pacing and still fuming.  

"He finally confessed then?"

"You knew? Oppa, you barely know Taewoo, how could you have known?"

"He wasn't exactly shy about it. And I make a point to know which guys are interested in my girl." He stopped and turned to you. His kind eyes had returned as he stared at your face. "You only love me, right?" The uncertainty in his voice made your heart hurt.

"I only love you Oppa."