Don't Stress

World of Color

Seojin came over for breakfast the next morning so you could fill her in on your date. You made a western style breakfast for the two of you, surprising her with your cooking skills. As you explained the date, she stayed quiet, taking it all in. When you finished, she finally spoke.

“Well he sounds practically perfect. How do you feel about him?” You thought about your reply for a moment before answering her.

“I think I could really fall for him. It didn’t feel like a first date. I felt like I’ve known him for years. It was easy to talk to him, but when he would hold my hand he still made my heart speed up. It was comfortable, yet thrilling all at the same time. I’ve never felt like this about a guy before.” She watched you as you spoke and smiled when you finished.

“It sounds like you really like him. Are you comfortable dating an idol though?” You had almost forgotten that he was an idol. You had been thinking so much about the date, that his career completely slipped your mind.

“I guess that is something I’ll deal with when I have to. Right now, I just want to get to know him as man.”

“I hope you have that chance. Fans here can get pretty crazy, and if anything gets out, you might have to deal with idol status sooner rather than later.” You nodded, contemplating her words. She left not long after breakfast, but gave you plenty to think about. 

————————————————————

When evening came around, Taewoo came to pick you up for the movie you had originally planned to see yesterday. He didn’t ask about your date, and that didn’t bother you at all. You had spent so much time thinking about your conversation with Seojin, it was refreshing to talk about school, your students, and the movie you were going to see.

The two of you stood in line joking around about the movie. It was a romantic comedy and you were dying to see it. Somehow, you had talked Taewoo into going with you. When you got to the front of the line, you reached into your purse to get money to pay for the tickets, but Taewoo was already handing money to the cashier.

“I thought I was supposed to be covering the movie since I ditched you?” You said, confused.

“You were, but what would people around us think? All they see is a man and woman out together. If I made you pay, I would look like a jerk.” You smiled and shook your head a little.

Neither of you really wanted popcorn, so you skipped the concession stand and went straight for your theater. Taewoo led you to seats right in middle. The two of you sat down and started making up stories for the advertisements that came on the screen. 

————————————————————

When the movie ended, the two of you couldn’t stop laughing on your way out of the theater. It had been cheesy from the beginning and you made a game of predicting what was coming up next. The entire way home you continued mocking how awful the film was.

“I’m glad we went to see it though. It was nice to get out tonight. I have spent too much of the weekend grading papers.” He said when he pulled up in front of your apartment.

“I am too. Seojin got into my head a bit today and I was thinking way too much. It was nice to take a step back from everything.” He looked up at you concerned.

“Do you want to talk about it?” You didn’t respond right away. Did you want to talk about it? Maybe Taewoo would just dig into your head more? “It’s about him, isn’t it?” He added when you didn’t respond. You nodded, looking down at your hands in your lap.

“Seojin made me really worried about dating an idol. Obviously I know he is an idol. But I really enjoyed the date and I like him as a man. But, dating an idol? Fans would tear me apart. I’m not a gorgeous model, and I’m not even Korean.” You weren’t sure when you had gotten emotional, but suddenly you were holding back tears. Taewoo sighed.

“Look, you aren’t a model. But you are gorgeous. And what does being Korean matter if you care about someone? Don’t stress yourself out about things yet. You’re still getting to know him.” You looked up at him, smiling a little.

“You’re kind of amazing, you know that?”

“Only kind of?” You scoffed at him, making him to laugh. 

——————————————————————————————————-

 

A/N: I was listening to this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gSqQrNj8Q4) while writing this chapter. It wasn’t until I went to look up the lyrics that I realized how sad it was. But I still think playing it while reading this section would be good :)

Also, this is the last chapter I’m putting out until I get some feedback. I know there are silent readers, which is fine, but no one is telling me if they even like this so far. So until I hear out of you guys, you don’t get more.