Alternate Ending

World of Color

A/N: This was actually the original ending I wrote for the story, but I figured someone would hate for ending it this way.

So instead I wrote Goodbye, Hello as the official ending. 

Listen :)

—————————————————————————————————

The door opened, to reveal Him standing there. He was dressed casually, your favorite style of His. His eyes widened when he saw you and he didn’t seem to able to form words. You couldn’t either. You stared into each other’s eyes, somehow communicating with just looks. Your eyes scanned down to his hand that was propped up on the door. His ring was there. Even on a day that He was clearly at home rather than out in front of people, it was still there. Your heart burst with more emotions than you could comprehend. And you did something you never imagined doing.

You flew towards him, cupping his face, and going up on your toes. You pressed your lips against His. The kiss was firm and it didn’t even take Him a second to respond. You must have been right. He wasn’t over you either. There was no way he could kiss you like this and be over you.

When you pulled away from Him, you stared each other, both even more unable to speak now. When you could think about it, your mind was on overdrive. What had you just done? The onslaught of emotions and thoughts was too much. You turned from Him and ran down the hall, down the stairs and to the street.

You could hear Him calling after you, pleading with you to stop, not to go. You continued running, mostly because you didn’t know what else to do. This didn’t require you to think, to process what had just happened. You got to the street and hailed for a cab. You yanked the door open and climbed inside. The driver pulled away and you looked back just in time to see Him standing there, watching the cab drive away.

————————

When you got home, Taewoo asked about the food and coffee that you had gone out to get. You explained everything. Told him what you had seen on the tv and that you had looked up more about it. That you had gone to His apartment, that you had kissed Him. Taewoo listened quietly. After you finished, he looked up at you.

“What does this mean for us? Are you going back to Him?”

“No. I don’t care why He did what He did anymore. Seeing Him again was something I needed to do, but now, I think I can finally let Him go.” You smiled up at Taewoo, and you saw him differently for the first time. His smile wasn’t just the sun anymore, it was everything.

“Jagiya, I love you. You know that, right?” The look in his eyes was so genuine that whatever pieces of your heart were still torn or broken, seemed to fix themselves. He had said it several times now, and you had never said it back. But now, you were ready. Ready to let yourself love him, fully.

“I love you too, Oppa.”

—————————

A year and half later you were in a dressing room. Your mom was helping lace up the back of your wedding dress. You looked in the mirror. You couldn’t believe everything you had gone through to get here. But you were happy, unbelievably happy. You smiled at yourself and went to line up.

Your father led you down the aisle, but you couldn’t see anything but Taewoo at the end of it. He smiled at you and your heart felt light. He had captured your heart and made you fall in love again. He had become your everything.

Your father handed you off to him and you smiled at each other.

—————————

As you said your vows, I was watching. I had snuck in the back. When you ran away that day and never came back, you had taken my heart for good. When I was finally able to find you, you were already madly in love with Taewoo. So I let you go. I accepted that the two of us were just apart of the past. A chapter of a story, and while it was amazing, it wasn’t meant to last. I often wondered what would’ve happened if I had managed to catch you that day. I will always wonder, because I’m still in love with you. You will always be the love of my life. But I was stupid and let you go.

Taewoo held on to you. He never stopped fighting. So he deserved to be the one to truly win your heart. So as I watched you exchange your vows with him, it filled me with emotion. I wanted to steal you away from him. To make you mine again. But the smile on your face, the look in your eyes… I knew that this was better for you. He was better for you. So as he leaned in to kiss you. I gave a sad smile before leaving, so that you would never know I was there.

“Be happy… jagiya.”