Goodbye, Hello

World of Color

A/N: Last chapter!!! :)

This song kind of got me through this series, so listen

——————————————————————————————————-

 

You stood in front of your own door. You knew what you had to do, but that didn’t make it any easier. You really had come to love Taewoo, not as much as you loved Him, but you did love Taewoo. Part of you knew that if you had never seen that performance, you would’ve gone on in your relationship with Taewoo. Maybe you would’ve gotten married. Maybe you would’ve had kids. The future that had seemed so plausible only a few hours ago was now replaced by a different one. You looked down at your hand. You had taken off your gold ring and slipped back on the silver one.

—————————-

An hour later, you were sitting on the couch, staring at the ground. Taewoo had understand. You could see how his heart broke, how much you had hurt him. You could relate because that had happened to you. You wanted to be there for him like he had been there for you, but you couldn’t. Because you were also the cause. He hadn’t cried in front of you. He just heard you out and left. This would probably be the end of your friendship with Taewoo.

Tears started to slip down your face. You didn’t want to hurt anyone, especially not Taewoo. But you couldn’t be with Taewoo when you truly loved Him. You closed your eyes and put your face in your hands. A warm embrace wrapped around you.

He was here. He held you as you cried. He was finally there to give you the sanctuary you had needed so many months ago. As you clung to him, you knew you were hurting Him too. He knew how you felt about Taewoo, so seeing you broken like this made him question your decision. But you knew you could live through losing Taewoo. You couldn’t live through losing Him, not again.

"I love you, Oppa." You said against his chest when your tears finally stopped. He kissed the top of your head and tightened his arms around you.

"I love you too, jagiya."

—————————-

A year and a half later you were staring at yourself in the mirror. You were wearing a big, white wedding dress. After the two of you had gotten back together, you didn’t want to be apart ever again. He had announced the relationship to the public, making a firm statement that he intended to marry you, no matter what. Fans had come to accept it and even support your relationship. And a few months later, he proposed.

Now, here you were, quite literally marrying the man of your dreams. Seojin, your maid of honor, handed you your bouquet and smiled.

"You look gorgeous sweetie." You smiled and the two of you walked out to get in line. She moved to stand next to Taewoo. Taewoo had moved to Japan permanently to teach. He started dating a girl there and the two of you were able to repair your friendship. He had even flown back for your wedding.

You stood next to your father, who led you down the aisle. You couldn’t take your eyes off Him as he smiled at you. He reached out for your hand as your father gave you away. The two of you said your vows and then he pulled you close to kiss you softly. Before pulling away, you spoke softly against his lips so no one else could hear.

"I love you oppa."

"I love you too jagiya.