Officially Meeting

World of Color

The next couple of weeks before the lunch with the idol group seemed to drag by. You tried your best to talk about something other than the group so Taewoo wouldn’t get too annoyed. It was thanks to him you were going after all. You and Seojin were trying to get him to at least learn their names and some of their songs.

"What is the point? It’ll be obvious you made me enter. And the two of you will be talking so much, I can just sit and enjoy the food." At some point, you just gave up. He was probably right anyway.

When the weekend of the lunch finally arrived, Seojin came over early to get ready with you. You didn’t want to be too dressed up, but you both wanted to look good. You settled on a lilac sundress and a white cardigan to go over it. As it was now early summer, you wore some nice heels as well. Seojin was a little more daring and wore a black dress that hugged her thin figure.

Taewoo met you downstairs. He was leaning against his car waiting for you. He had worn a dark pair of jeans and a short sleeve, plaid shirt. He wasn’t dressed up by any means, but you had to admit that he looked good. He opened the doors for each of you to climb into the car. He complimented you quietly as you got in, making you smile.

When he pulled up to the restaurant, you could feel your heart pounding. When you got out of the car, you stumbled a little. Thankfully, Taewoo was there to catch you. He put his arm around your waist, causing Seojin to give you a look. You thanked him for helping you, but quickly pulled away.

The three of you went in and were lead to private room in the back. You sat down at a round table. There were enough chairs set up for the three of you and the group. As much as you and Seojin wanted to sit next to each other, you both also wanted to sit next an idol. Taewoo didn’t care so he sat between you two. You sat for a few minutes, having little conversation. You were very nervous now. You were sure Taewoo could hear your heart pounding in your chest and your palms were sweaty. You played with the ring on your right hand for something to do.

Suddenly, a door opened and the group came in. They bowed as they greeted you and the three of you did the same. When you all sat back down, your bias was looking at you curiously for a moment and then he spoke.

"You’re the girl that fell after the concert a few weeks ago! The one I helped up! I hope you didn’t get hurt too badly." He said with a smile.

"Oh yes, that was me." You could feel your cheeks getting hot. “I’m fine. Thank you for your help."

"She didn’t fall, she was pushed." Taewoo cut in. Your eyes widened at Taewoo’s tone and you instantly spoke softly to him.

"Oppa, it’s fine." Your bias looked at him, a strange look flashed through his eyes. It was though he was assessing Taewoo now.  Your bias quickly recovered, his dazzling smile returning to his face.

"Either way, I’m glad you weren’t injured. What was your name?"

You all introduced yourselves and you noticed your bias maintained eye contact with you the entire time you were giving your introduction. A waitress came through to deliver food and you all began eating.

"Your Korean is very good. Have you been studying long?" The conversation continued on. It was nice to talk to them about things other than just their performances and events. They felt like real people. Seojin had been rather flirty with the member that had taken the chair next to her. Your bias was across the table from you, but that didn’t stop him from engaging you in conversation. Taewoo didn’t speak much. When he did, it was to counter something your bias had said.

All too soon, the boys’ manager had entered the room and announced the group had a schedule they had to leave for. You all stood to bow again. Your bias made his way over to you and pulled you aside.

"I would really like to get to know you more, if that is okay with you of course?" Your heart, which had calmed down a bit as the lunch progressed, was now pounding again.

"Y-yes! That would be nice." You stuttered and mentally scolded yourself for sounding like an idiot. You gave him your phone number, and he said he would call you soon.

When you returned to the rest of the group, Taewoo gave you a suspicious look, while Seojin looked excited. The group left the room first and then the three of you made your way back to the car.

"What was that about?" Taewoo asked, trying to sound uninterested.

"He asked for my phone number." You said shyly, blushing again.

"Did he really?! Oh my gosh that is so awesome!" Seojin squealed. She asked you for details but you told her you could talk later. She started babbling on about things the group had said while Taewoo stayed quiet.

Taewoo pulled the car up to your complex and you got out. Seojin jumped out as well.

"Would it be alright if I come up? I want to talk more." She said with a huge grin. You saw Taewoo roll his eyes. You knew Seojin was trying to be courteous and not gush over the idols in front of him too much, so you agreed. The car pulled away, and you and Seojin hurried inside to analyze the lunch.