Flight

Family? You & Me

 

"Jihye-yah!" I called out to my personal maid and my best friend as she turned around with my luggage in hand. 
 
"Minhee!" She called back, her eyes widening and guard perking up as she realized 7 males in the room. 
 
Then she gasped. 
"B....A...P?" She asked, not believing her eyes. 
Yeah. 
They have that effect. 
 
"Hello I'm B.A.P'a manager, and you must be Miss Minhee's assistant." 
Manager Kang stepped in front of me and placed a hand out, introducing yourself.
 
Jihye returned a handshake, then turned to focus her attention on me. 
"I already told Mr.Jung that you will be leaving for a vacation. I sent an animal assistant to accompany um..Babo on his own journey in the pet cart. Mr.Jung approved after some persuasion, and I'll be accompanying you the whole trip Minhee." She spoke firmly. 
 
Dad said yes? 
What-? 
How come when I'm around Daehyun, Dad always says yes, not knowing I'm with him, even though he hates every living fiber of this B.A.P's vocal? 
 
"Two days with rich girls in Detroit. Funn." Youngjae rolled his eyes. 
 
To be honest, this whole vacation thing came as a sudden slap in the face that I did not expect. 
Why do I even have to go to the States all of a sudden with these K-pop idols? 
It makes no sense.
Unless someone planned it. 
But rules are rules, and I had to have proof that Daehyun and I were together when we signed the agreement papers.
I thought we were going to fake it but apparently not- 
 
No need for fluffing stories in front of the lawyer anymore.
 
"The tickets are already taken care of, and the media doesn't have a clue of this schedule." Jihye continued, suspiciously eyeing Himchan, who was talking casually with Yongguk. 
 
Is Jihye blushing-? 
 
"Well, make yourselves at home, we'll leave tomorrow morning around 10:30 AM. The round sofas  serve as beds, and call my number I gave you if you need anything. Goodnight ladies." 
Manager Kang politely spoke, and ushered out the B.A.P members out the cozy room. 
Daehyun gave me a smile, somehow giving me lovely peace in my heart. 
 
I nodded, and sat down in the TS Entertainment room sofa. 
The flight is 13 hours long, so might as well as try to plan out what to do after all this. 
 
"Jihye..." 
I called as soon as we were settled and alone. 
 
"Yes Minhee?" 
She mumbled back, slowly giving in to the sleep that consumed her.
 
"Didn't you say that one of the B.A.P members was the most beautiful man you ever laid eyes on?" 
I asked, remebering her staring into one person from my posters everytime she entered Ms.Yoo's room to fetch me.
 
"Maybe" She shrugged, too tired to think about it. 
But she knew exactly who Minhee was talking about. 
The one who's beauty, voice, and actions were the only things that could take her breath away. 
 
*Kim Himchan*
 Jihye inwardly thought.
 
Jihye couldn't hide the fact that Himchan is more beautiful in person- 
Not that she knows him, just... He seemed so beautiful to her. 
Chuckling at the foreign feeling of weak girliness, Jihye shook her head and tried to steer her thoughts away from the beautiful man. 
 
For Minhee, her life was now complete as Daehyun forgave her for everything wrong she had done in the past. 
She had her caring oppa back, and that's all Minhee could ask for. 
Daehyun... His loving hands that brushed against her lips today at the law department parking lot- 
Minhee touched her lips delicately, sighing at the warm phantom hand that ghosted her lips.
 
"Goodnight Minhee." Jihye mumbled. 
"Night Jihye" Minhee sleepily replied.
 
For the night, the two tired girls fell asleep in the TS ENT. waiting room and completely out.
 
 
 
 
---------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
Soon after arriving at the airport, I tapped a pen to my lips and wrote out what I would do.
Take pictures for legal proof purposes, visit yummy food must-stops, and most importantly- Make sure all the forms are filled out accordingly to its planned path.
 
But somehow it felt empty and inapproprite to have those legal documents around- 
Is it because Daehyun and I were on familiar terms again? 
Is it because I don't want to force him into this personal mess? 
 
...That's it right? 
 
"Prepare yourself to hide- the press is on their way to snap B.A.P's airport fashion." 
Manager Kang warned, and I was trying my best to walk a different pace than the idols to "hide" myself. 
I can't let anybody know about this little document-filing I was going through. 
Or let anyone know the filing going on in my head either.
 
___Jihye's POV____ 
 
This guy- 
This beatiful person-
 
Is very rude.
 
Who is this guy to keep ignoring me, brushing off every question and statements I made to break the ice-
I'll probably have to spend time with these people, so might as well as get to know one another.
 
He thinks the exact opposite-
He's slowly angering me.
 
"Excuse you." 
I snapped, having enough of his rude manners. 
 
Himchan just looked at me with those cold eyes, and I found my insides freeze up from just one look-
His eyes were onyx black. 
Embued with an authorative personality, it made whomever looking at him feel small and weak.
Tougher than iron-
Tougher than me.
 
"Himchan-ah. Knock it off." 
Yongguk's deep voice startled me, and I involuntarily jumped as Himchan took the chance to walk further away from me.
Such. 
Disrespect. 
 
I felt my heart drop a bit.
 
"Don't talk to me." Himchan coldly spoke near my ear, and I shivered in disgust and disappointment.
 
Yongguk slowed his steps until I reached him, and he asked,
 "You okay? "
 
I bit my lip in anger and nodded, lying to him and probably myself- 
Yongguk shrugged and walked on to the flashing cameras while Himchan turned around and was walking ahead.
 
I'm so.... 
Disappointed.
 
____ Minhee's POV____ 
 
Going over the files we have already completed, I glanced at Daehyun who was walking towards me now along with other B.A.P members, from time to time -
My old, OLD habit. 
 
I made sure to avoid the cameras, so I came to the airport terminal early.
The red dots marked few minutes down, announcing 10 minutes until the doors opened.
 
Humming lightly, I spilled the contents of the orange paper folder on to my lap, sorting through them all. 
 
My eyes then graze over one of the papers which required us to fill in parent informations, and Daehyun's was..... 
 
Blank. 
 
Huh?  
The whole purpose of this process was filling these blanks-
 
I flipped through all the other parental info forms and found that Daehyun hadn't completed even a quarter of them. 
Is this why the process was taking so long? 
 
I... I ...of all people should have known-! 
 
Guilt hit me like a train, and it was Daehyun with a bat in hand all over again- 
When will I stop freaking screwing up?
 
My face burned in shame, and I felt the waiting bench squeak as another figure sat beside me. 
I tilted my head to the side and was welcomed by a thumb caressing my tear-stained cheek.
 
"Wae oor-uh? (Why are you crying?)" Daehyun simply asked, and I felt worse. 
Damn it. 
 
"D..Daehyun oppa- You could have just rejected my request to clear your name... Why did you say yes when you knew this was pointless?" I softly asked- 
 
Without legal parental DNA information, it's impossible to proove himself and clear his name off the family tree.
 
Who the hell knows how he got in the papers in the first place? 
 
But..Oh God.
I should have known better. 
Daehyun oppa is an orphan, and he has no information to tell. 
 
So there's absolutely no reason why I should even be in his sight right now- 
Again. 
10 years time didn't make me better at all. 
It made me stupid and hopeless. 
 
Daehyun oppa knew that this whole thing was pointless in the first place- 
Why would he go through with it if he knew the whole project was pointless?
 
"I..I should go."
 I sniffled and grabbed my things- 
Thank the lord that the plane is leaving soon, or it would only make me feel worse as he waited for the plane, left with the thought that I was walking out on him again. 
Because I was. 
I was running away again, realizing how much better he'll be off without me there to pity him. 
Like a sick princess of a coward.
 
I stood up and started to almost run away, when Daehyun caught my wrist. 
 
"Minhee-" 
He started to say, only to be cut off as I turned around to face him. 
 
"10 years or not, I'm terrible to you! It's better we pretend not to know each other at all. I... I shouldn't come in your life like this again. Not again Daehyun-ssi. This is all a mistake-" 
I panicked, hating myself more and more. 
 
Without a word, Daehyun tugged me closer into his chest.
 
"Don't say that Minhee." 
He whispered. 
 
My heart skipped a beat- 
and the heart didn't know when to stop thumping against my rib cages.
 
"Please come to Detroit with me. Nae?" 
He asked, his eyes pleading me. 
 
I gulped down invisible saliva down my throat.
After staring into Daehyun's 'adorable' eyes for about 5 straight seconds, I gave in. 
Because through that silence, I knew that Daehyun needed me. 
Needed me to realize that I was a part of this either for good or bad. 
 
"Arasso oppa- j..just don't do aegyo like that." I mumbled, sitting back down. 
A tear slipped down, and I looked out the window. 
 
He casually sat down next to me. 
"Aegyo..? What's that?" He laughed, puffing out his cheeks. 
 
I shoved his shoulder and laughed, wiping the remnants of my tear stains and watching the badass man try to be cute. 
Honestly, his face didn't need much of an effort to become heart-melting 
{My fellow BABYz, admit it ;) Dae can be a cute badass }
 
"Terminal H is now open- Flight from Seoul to Detroit. Seoul to Detroit" 
The counter lady announced on the intercom, and I took the cue to go in first before a bypasser could spot me or Jihye. 
 
I signaled to an annoyed Jihye, who was oblivious of the situation and glaring at the rude Himchan.
Yongguk was just watching the scene, chuckling to himself.
The leader line looked so powerful right now, belittling the threatening glares from a girl- 
Man. 
What an idol group. 
 
Jihye gladly took my signal and we snuck safely into the airplane terminal- 
Out of every eye's views. 
We boarded the plane, and were escorted to front of the plane- 
First class? 
I would have been fine with economy- 
 
"Your Father couldn't settle for less. It was either First Class everything or no 'vacation'." Jihye rolled her eyes and plopped down on her resigned seat.  
 
I found my seat near the window- 
This is really...exciting. 
It's technically my first time on a plane. 
Window seat? 
Bonus! 
 
I grabbed my carry-on backpack, taking my earphones and iPhone out as B.A.P started filing in the plane.
They were all looking for their seats, and as I was shuffling through my Playlist, Daehyun oppa's smile caught me as I tilted my head up. 
Knowing what it meant, I hid my smile at the relief that washed over me- 
It somehow felt assuring that he'll be next to me the whole journey. 
Less fidgety and less nerve-racking. 
Strange how it used to be the exact opposite. 
 
"I guess I'm sitting here- Do you want me to swap with Jihye?" 
Daehyun asked, concerned about my uneasiness.
 
I glanced over at Jihye. 
 
Himchan coldly nodded her a "hello", and Jihye inwardly groaned.
I was simply interested at the scene. 
Cold Himchan and Fiery Jihye.
What a nice match.
I found myself congratulating the Korean Air seating system for doing such a good job.
 
"No you're good to go oppa."  I confirmed.
Jihye will most likely have fun trying to get Himchan to do anything.
 
"Passengers, please fasten your seatbelts and take notice to the alert signs on top of your seats. The emergency booklet is located in the back of the front seat, and an attendant will see to your comforting flight. Thank you for choosing Korean Air." 
The announcement rung, and I fumbled to find my seatbelt. 
 
"Here" 
Daehyun oppa spoke as he reached across my waist and buckled the metal clasp securely. 
 
"Uh...G..Gomaweo.."
I mumbled, all my attention blaring at the close proximity he was in between me and my own face. 
And once again, I had automatically begun silently praising his good looks-
10 years ago, he was beautiful. 
10 years after, now, he's still ing beautiful. 
 
"You do realize I can see you staring, right?" He chuckled, leaning in towards me. 
 
I cleared my throat and looked out the window, seeing the black asphalt slide in a zoom - 
Faster and faster. 
 
Suddenly my witty remark that was pushing its way through my throat dropped, and was filled by a whimper as this flying contraption was preparing to lift off from ground level. 
 
Out of instincts, Daehyun's hand was tightly holding mine, and I was squeezing his.
 
 
 
"Minhee-yah, just jump!" Daehyun called out from the other side of the fence. 
I had climbed to the top of the fence, escaping Dad's guards again, but felt like the pit of a ground was ready to swallow me whole with its dirt-covered death-fall drop. 
My throat was dry, and I only whimpered in fear. 
 
Daehyun oppa reached out and grabbed my hand, and I was squeezing it tight as he pulled on my arm. 
I braced myself to hit the hard ground, but landed in a pair of arms. 
 
"See? I got you."
 Daehyun oppa smirked, and I didn't even have the energy to slap him for almost killing me. 
And from then on I knew that as long as I was with Daehyun oppa, everything was going to be okay. 
 
 
 
 
 
The memory flashed by me, and I wondered if Daehyun was thinking of the same moment. 
 
"See? I got you." 
His voice echoed in my head, and I lightly squeezed his hand as I felt the ground leave me- 
And I was airborne. 
 
OHMY GOSH I'M FLYING. 
 
"Not bad huh?"
 Daehyun comforted me, and I nodded in fascination.
The higher we went-
Higher than the pedestrians on the street,
Above the concrete builings,
And through the clouds- 
 
It was breath-taking. 
 
The white wisps of clouds laced in a perfect symmertry, designing a floor of its own- 
A pure carpet of white.
 
I was so immersed in observing this new wonder of the world that I didn't realize Daehyun oppa's chest pressed into my back, his face right next to mine as he watched the scene through the same window we shared.
 
"Remeber the Busan Ocean view?" Daehyun asked, almost in a shushed tone where only I could hear his low, melodious whisper.
 
I let out a zoned-out "mmhmm", still taking in the beautiful sky. 
"It's really beautiful." 
I murmured, thinking about the hammering of my heart, and how I wished Daehyun couldn't hear it as the waves crashed on to the shore, and the sunlight accenturated every beautiful line of Daehyun's face. 
Some things... Never change.
 
My thumping heartbeats were the proof of that. 
I silently hoped Daehyun couldn't feel it through his chest-
For I felt the calm ba-dump of his heart through my back, and every beat vibrated through my body. 
 
"Beautiful...." 
Daehyun whispered.
*Just like you*
 he thought, hating himself as he used the view as an excuse just to feel Minhee's warmth- 
And it was as warm and lovely just as he always thought she would be. 
His fingers were still entertwined with her delicate ones, and he just wanted to stay like this forever. 
 
*Just.. Please let me have this moment to myself..* He silently prayed. 
This was the only person he treasured close to his heart that was alive and happy, exempting his B.A.P members. 
He had everything taken away from his life since Day One. 
His parents, his home, his family, his cat, and once his first love.
 
But now she's back. 
 
And he had no intention of ever letting her go this time. 
*I'll hold on no matter what boundaries there are between us. I don't care what people say.* 
He vowed, holding on to the innocent and oblivious Minhee in his arms.
 
____ Youngjae's POV___ 
 
Bothersome. 
The first word that popped into my mind.
Disturbing. 
Annoying. 
What the hell. 
More words flowed in my stressed brain.
 
I watched Minhee and Daehyun's little "get-together" moment as they cuddled. 
That look in Daehyun's eyes said it all- 
He wants Minhee. 
 
All doubt cleared, frustration set in. 
If he had the slightest clue to what the girl had done to me, Daehyun wouldn't be so forgiving.
He's my bestfriend, and I'm sitting here watching him get hurt every moment I was reminded of my Mother in jail. 
 
I don't know what tricks Minhee had up her rich-as--sleeves, but I'm not going to let her hurt my family. 
My B.A.P family- 
The only family Daehyun and I had left. 
 
________ Minhee's POV_______
 
I rubbed my eyes and focused my vision on the strange blanket and pillow I was comforted into.
 
My lock screen flashed a big 4:00 PM, and I let out a yawn-
How long was I asleep? 
Around 5 hours? 
 
I saw Daehyun oppa peacefully sound asleep beside me, his beautiful face wakening me. 
It was truly a good view to wake up to. 
 
Tearing my eyes away from the perfect scene, I looked around the First-Class seats. 
Almost everyone was asleep except Jihye. 
 
"Jihye?" I whispered, and she looked at me with eyes that pleaded "Kill Me".
Himchan was sleeping with his back facing her, arms crossed.
I don't find anything wrong with this picture. 
 
____ 2 hours ago
 
Himchan knew that everyone was sleeping, with no one concious. 
He should sleep too- 
But he was having the loudest war with himself. 
Him vs. Continence.
Or as he understood it : Nice Himchan vs. Bad Himchan
 
Right next to his heavily breathing body was miss take-me-now, clad in her y, tight fitting shirt and jeans, ready to be owned. 
*What the hell's going on with me?* 
He chastised his thoughts, shame and passion fighting for dominance of his actions. 
All of a sudden, he had a dire urgency to take care of.
 
"Do you have plane sickness?" 
Her voice called out to him- 
Her voice. 
This annoying , ing voice that makes his pants tight. 
*What the Hell Kim Himcan*
He thought, composing himself. 
 
He put on his usual poker face and shook his head tersely.
Maybe he's just ually frustrated as usual. 
Damn- 
Trapped in a plane with a hot-bodied girl only inches away from your body? 
It's all too much. 
 
He could feel his contrictions and boundaries collapsing shamelessly- 
All because he was ually frustrated, ready to anything with legs.
 
He never felt like this- 
This desperate- 
This passionate- 
 
He was always the cold one with lines of girls begging him for one more night with him- 
Now it's him crouching down, trying to control himself from topping the girl beside him. 
God- this is ing annoying. 
He just met the girl yesterday, and he just knows she's Jihye, Jung Minhee's assistant. 
Jihye's very forward, bright, and careful. 
Her attempts that she made to try to talk to him made his iron-heart melt a little, for nobody dared to come forward to him.
 
Something about her, just clicked inside him.
And he hated how much he wanted more.
More of her.
 
"Look Himchan-ssi, I know we're only going to spend like, two days in each other's presence but I'm doing this for Minhee. I don't mind you not talking, but please consider your manners." 
Jihye sputtuered matter-of-factly, being fed up with this beautifully annoying creature beside her. 
 
His ink-black eyes faced her, making her heart accelerate involuntarily.
She kept her ground, requesting for better respect from this man. 
 
"Jihye-ssi. Two days. I don't see the necessity as to why we should chat like little friends when we'll probably never see each other again afterwards." 
Himchan finally spoke, and every word had hurt Jihye unintentionally. 
 
Jihye swallowed the lump in . 
"Y..You're right Himchan-ssi...Um.. I apologize for my direct complaint." She stuttered, feeling like she had just taken a blow to her stomach.
 
Himchan tried to speak up, but cut himself off for sounding so weak.
 
Her flustered cheeks only worsened the minor trouble he was having with himself, and he cursed himself for acting like an all of a sudden.
He wasn't this rude on a regular basis, but he couldn't help it when she was a C-Cup package.
He had audibly took a sharp breath in between his clenched teeth- his throbbing area was very angry. 
He never had been like this- 
 
"Himchan-ssi. Are you okay?" 
Jihye's anger towards the male all clattered as his labored breath weakend her heart. 
It didn't help that he was freaking hot. 
 
This was the most embarassing and UN-Himchan like action he was about to do, but he couldn't hold it back.
His pride sunk down into depths of nowhere as he nudged in his face towards Jihye. 
 
He crashed their lips together, desperately wanting more- 
More and more of her.
His lips moved uncontrollably with passionate fervor, pressing hard on Jihye's frozen lips. 
Fire met ice, oil met water- 
It was so wrong, but felt so right. 
 
And both of the surprised two could feel the electricity greater than themselves take over their systems. 
He on her delicate lips like it was the last food on earth, ravished and swallowed her lips- and literally had to rip himself away from her to control the hungry monster inside him.
 
He knew he had to think straight, but this was the most straight he could get.
 
But one kiss sparked enough, and he calmly slipped away to the restroom, leaving a shocked and dumbfound Jihye with swollen lips.
 
Jihye sat there, not believing this- 
Her precious lips has been stolen, not that she hadn't kissed guys before, but her LIPS. 
The best kiss she ever had belonged to her and the ually frustrated B.A.P member, Kim Himchan. 
 
------------
 
He had come back from the restroom , feeling much better in the lower region but worse as in the upper region. 
His chest constricted as he returned to his seat, finding Jihye looking out the window with her back facing him. 
 
And as if he still was not satisfied enough, he found her back y. 
*Kim Himchan. You're really sick.* 
He spoke to his absent conciousness, and hated himself for disrespecting a beatiful woman in the worst way possible.
 
Mentally absuing himself, he snuck into the saftey of sleep- 
Until he realized that his dream was actually more dangerous than reality. 
 
 
_____ Jihye's POV____ 
 
I forced myself to fall asleep while Himchan was in the restroom, taking care of what I could only assume as hormone problems. 
If it was Zelo, I'd understand. 
But Himchan is 24 years old now.
4 years older than me.
He has issues.
 
While half pretending I'm asleep and half trying to figure out this y facade that Himchan was putting on, I just came to a conclusion stating that he's ually frustrated, and he needed to allieviate his stress. 
Using me. 
 
I felt so disrespected, ashamed, and angry at myself for letting my guard down. 
How can somebody so cold and heartless has a face of an angel? 
It doesn't add up- 
 
"..J..Jihye" 
He mumbled in his sleep. 
Wait , WHAT? 
 
I turned to face the sleeping Himchan, who's brows were contorted in a weird angle, as if crying. 
"Miahnhae" He whispered unconciously, and I silently gasped.
 
Was the great Kim Himchan dreaming about me? 
And apologizing? 
This rude person was actually saying he's sorry? 
 
"G..Gahjima (don't go)
 { *B.A.P's 'It's All Lies* - Gahjima Gahjima, Saranghaninkka gahjima *wink wink*}" 
He mumbled, his breathing rushed. 
 
I just watched the whole scene, surprised as I saw the vulnerable spot of this ruthless visual-
 
He has nightmares.
 
 
------------------------  
 
"Noona- wake up-" 
A pleading voice reached Minhee's ears, and she slowly opened her eyes. 
 
"Yes Zelo-yah?"
 She questioned, recognizing the voice though her vision was blurry at the quick process of waking up in a plane occured.
 
"I can't sleep anymore." 
He sighed, running a hand through his reddish hair. 
Zelo had changed seats with Daehyun, placing the sleeping Daehyun in his seat. 
Minhee laughed softly at what Zelo did, and decided to wake up. 
 
___ Minhee's POV___
 
"What do you want to do then?" 
I asked, glancing at the black blanket that covered the plane's windows-
It's night: Pitch black darkness. 
 
"What really happened to you and Daehyun-hyung?" 
Zelo cut to the chase, casually leaning back in Daehyun's seat.
 
"What do you mean?" 
I was honestly surprised at the deduction the maknae precisely made- 
Were we that obvious? 
 
"Of course you knew each other even before this family document incident, and you should know he's an orphan, so you can't really do anything about the paperworks. But what happened before that makes Daehyun-hyung so happy to see you?" 
Zelo spit it all out, genuinely curious. 
After all, this is THE Jung Minhee- 
South Korea's "Gookmin Sangsoknyuh* (National Heiress)".
{just like how IU is the National Little Sister and Yoo Jae Suk the National MC etc..}
 
"Ah- We were close friends. He was my only friend. I guess that may be the reason." 
I rambled on, still confused about where he said that Daehyun was so happy to see me. 
 
Was he? 
 
My little paranoia was starting to kick in, telling me that Daehyun was just faking it all, trying to get rid of me as effectively as possible after this turn of coincidental events.
But that's just too ed up to even be reasonable. 
 
"I haven't seen Daehyun hyung open up this happily in months. I support you Noona, whatever you're doing. Keep it up!" 
Zelo cheered, and made sure the area was attendant-free before going back to his seat, moving unconcious Daehyun back next to me. 
 
A small smile fluttered on to my lips, and I shook my head at the silly paranoid assumption I had made. 
 
No matter how bad I mess up,
He doesn't hate me after all.