Lotus Flowers

Family? You & Me
 
 
"Hey, you all right?"
Daehyun leaned by the kitchen door frame, watching Jinhee clean up the rest of the dishes.
 
Jinhee refused his help with washing the dishes, and Daehyun let her be since Youngjae asked to talk to him soon after.
 
"I think so."
Jinhee's sigh worried Daehyun.
 
"We're not starting to develop secrets, right? That categorizes us into a married couple already."
Daehyun chuckled, and walked toward the tired girl.
 
"Uhm..Daehyun?"
Jinhee suddenly spoke.
 
"Yeah?"
He replied, worried at the shaky tone in her voice.
Then she let out a sigh and let it go, as if the trembling was covered by something heavy.
 
"When did you know you loved me?" 
A smile graced Jinhee's lips, and the simple question struck a chord within Daehyun's train of thought.
 
"I think it was when the guys cornered you in the third grade hall."
Daehyun thought back to the incident.
 
Jinhee could remeber clearly. It was the time when she officially declared Daehyun as her knight in shining armor and her prince on a white horse.
 
~~~ Jinhee's Flashback ~~~
 
It's almost time for dismissal, and because our class did so well in reciting the poems from out literature book, seonsaengnim released the classroom into extra recess time.
 
For me, free time meant more time with Daehyun oppa.
 
The building consists of grade per floor, the highest grade being on the top floor, so I headed for the 5th floor to see my sunbae.
I giddily turned the corner and started up another flight of stairs when I ran into someone, or rather, a group of someones.
 
"Dude! Look who we have here"
A male student's uniform blazer came into my sight, and I slowly lifted my head to see the dangerous smirks forming on the upper class sunbaes' faces.
 
"Hey it's that spoiled brat girl from Jung Industries!"
Another spoke, sarcastic excitement already pushing my panic button.
"What's a little rich lamb like you doing, wandering during recess?"
He whined, reaching out to pinch my cheeks.
 
I quickly retreated back, feeling threatened immediately.
"I.. I think I counted the staircases wrong.. Must have missed my floor.."
I mumbled like a kid, turning around to go back-
I just wanted surprise Daehyun oppa for all the times he fetched me after dismissal due to his explanation of how he has to come down the stairs anyways to go home.
 
"I don't think so, gongjoonim."
One of the guys scoffed, and roughly grabbed my wrist.
I was yanked back, and from instinct I pulled my wrist away.
 
"Huh look at her. She thinks she's actually strong."
Another cackled.
 
They surrounded me, making sure my back hit a wall and they had me cornered with no escape plans.
 
"Listen here, second grader rich . We don't need you dancing like a ty fairy across our halls. Either stay on your floor, or get out. Your presence makes me want to puke up cash, but your daddy took them all."
The third offender spoke, and each insult sent emotional slaps echoing inside my panicked mind.
 
"W-what are you guys talking ab..bout?"
I stuttered, not sure what they were referring to. 
Dad never took a penny from others.
 
"You know he paid extra funds to the school to keep a safe environment for his dear little princess, right? The principal uses it to ban bullying and ggangpaes* (ruffians)."
The guy who grabbed my wrist coldly spat each word as if it were poison burning his tongue.
 
My eyes went wide-
Daddy did what? 
 
"And since we fall into the categories of hopeless ggangpaes, your daddy's money helps us transfer away from you to keep you safe. But for the time being, we're going to stay close to you and keep you warm. Hm?"
The one on the left said.
 
For being elementary seniors, they had a twisted mind.
A product of what the society had molded their minds into.
 
"Stay away from me."
I snapped.
 
"I don't think money gives you actual protection."
The first offender spoke, them acting fast, pinned me down hard on the wall.
"Listen you rich ."
He hissed.
"You're gonna pay for every single annoyance you gave to this worl-"
 
*THUMP*
 
His eyes went wide, mouth open, as his whole body went rigid solid.
 
Then, he collapsed on top of me, his body limp.
 
His friends' were too shocked to stick by their leader, leaving his unconscious body as they sprinted away shamelessly.
 
"YAH!! Jung Minhee! Gwenchanah?!"
His voice was filled to the brim with worry and vulnerability, contrasting sharply with the actions he just committed earlier.
He rudely shoved away the body from the girl, not even caring as we cleary heard the cracking of several bones as the body fell face-first on the cold marble floor.
 
"Y..yeah I'm fine..."
I mumbled as I realized Daehyun punched the guy unconscious.
Was I to be scared? 
Relieved? 
Happy? 
Mad? 
 
"He had it coming. He's been picking on others too for unfair reasons. But picking on a 2nd grader like that? That's a new low."
Daehyun coldly spat, facing the useless body sprawled on the floor.
 
His eyes warmed up as he faced me, his hold on my eyes ever so gentle.
"Don't be scared of me babo-yah. I never heard of a princess being scared of a knight because he slayed a dragon for her."
He chuckled.
 
At his cheesy comparison, my shock simply melted away.
For I knew he wasn't dangerous-
Or at least I trusted him not to be.
I already knew that.
"Thank you, Prince Daedummy."
I brushed my skirt, lifting my stiff body from the wall as relief flowed through my limbs.
"You were a bit scary though."
 I meekly mumbled, but he caught it.
 
"I'll only turn scary for you, Minnie Mouse. Oh and I turn scary for food too."
Daehyun ranted, his hands in his pockets.
 
"Oh so I'm ranked with food?"
I scoffed, already knowing food is higher on his love list.
 
"Yeah cuz I need you just as much."
He smirked, and threw a causal arm around my neck.
 
Smiling at his comment, we walked home rest of the way arguing about food.
 
~~~ end of flashback ~~~
 
"And that was your moment because you realized I can make food for you, right?" 
Jinhee cracked up-
It sounded so reasonable.
 
"Maybe."
Daehyun shrugged, sliding a hand to touch Jinhee's bright smile.
"I just realized I needed you as much as I needed to live."
 
Jinhee blushed at the touching statement, staring into Daehyun's sincere gaze.
 
Jinhee couldn't hold it anymore.
She has to tell him-
 
"Oppa."
 
She started, almost blurting out the words in a hurry.
It's time.
Tell him now, or never.
 
Daehyun's mind was quickly hit with confusion and worry.
"Eung?"
He whispered, knowing she was having a difficult situation.
 
Jinhee took a breathe in.
 
"I have to go to the States."
 
Jinhee gasped for breath, waiting for disappointment to come across Daehyun's realization.
He just confessed his feelings for her, and now here she was, dumping cold water over his unshielded feelings.
 
"You're going back..?"
Daehyun spoke, gulping down the lump in his throat.
 
"Just until we find a way to prove Umma is innocent and turn in Mrs.Jung."
Jinhee assured, making it clear that she didn't want to make this choice.
 
Daehyun stayed silent, and Jinhee kept her tears in.
 
"Oppa... This is the least I can do for us, for you. The least I can do is keep you safe. Once I go into hiding, I can't do anything afterwards without being caught by Mrs.Jung. So with this new identity I have, I'll try to become a better Jung Jinhee. For us."
Jinhee smiled, sadness surfacing on her desperate expression.
 
"But I just got you..."
Daehyun sighed, wrapping his arms around Jinhee tightly, the intention of letting go never crossing his mind.
"You're finally mine after all this time.."
He mumbled, almost to himself rather than the girl in his arms.
 
"I know Daehyun oppa... That's why I have to do this. Because I'm yours."
Jinhee's laugh was the one of both happiness and sadness-
Two mixed feelings.
 
Daehyun gripped Jinhee tighter.
"Even if we'll be seperated, I'll never let go. You got that?"
He sadly laughed, burying his face into Jinhee's shoulder.
 
Jinhee smoothed Daehyun's hair as if to seal the promise.
"I know."
She smiled. 
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
 
Manager Kang helped the girls book a hotel room for their remaning stay in Korea, and the sisters planned their escape to the States as they made calls and connections to ensure their safety.
 
Once they were caught in Mrs.Jung's grasp, it was the end for them.
 
It has been a month and a half since Minhee gave into Jinhee, and Daehyun grabbed Jinhee as his.
 
Jinhee and Daehyun had to take extra safety measures just to meet up and talk, sometimes as far as driving to another town.
 
The further this progressed, the more  Jinhee fell in love with her kpop star.
And it only made her decision heavier, reminding her the importance of her responsibilities.
It's been almost two months of their relationship, and it was two months of finally feeling like they found their place in the world, right next to each other.
 
"I sent someone to try to reach your Father with the news. He'll understand, and we'll be back here in no time."
Jihye gave Jinhee a tight smile, hoping she wouldn't take it as hard as it truly was. 
 
Jinhee gave her a reassuring nod-
But inside, she knew the process will take time.
Even more time than the countless years Jihye and Youngjae spent, trying to piece up their unjustified family together.
 
And Jinhee had college to worry about.
 
Maybe this will offer her a pathway into a normal life. 
A life where she can finally breathe freely without being surrounded by envious eyes just waiting to pounce on her.
 
"Actually... I'm looking into colleges. Like you and uncle Ji said, I should finish my education."
Jinhee confessed, distracted by the packing of her new belongings.
 
"... Think you're ever going to visit back here?"
Jihye held the loose shirt she had in her grasp, playing with its patch designs-
This was a decision Jinhee made on her own, and Jihye couldn't have been more proud.
 
Jinhee replied silently with a knowing smile.
It was a very vague question. They both knew well that until the matter was settled with the right person behind the bars, they were practically on lockdown themselves.
A visit back to Korea will blow their cover for sure.
 
"Four years will pass by in a blink, you know."
Jihye spoke right back, doing what she could best. 
Ease off the tension, or at least make it seem easier.
 
"I hope so.. I don't know how I expect Daehyun oppa to take this, unnie. I can't expect him to wait for me. By then, their date-ban will be over, and I don't want to make him feel guilty when someone right finds him."
Jinhee now shoved her luggage bag to the side, dropping heavily down on the bed.
"I know I always loved him, but it all happened so soon- so sudden-"
Jinhee's huffs of breathing was spontaneous and short.
"I shouldn't do this to him."
She shook her head.
 
Jihye dropped her shirt in the pile with a sigh.
"Come here."
Jihye walked over to the troubled little sister, embracing her in a comforting hug.
 
"No matter what, you know Daehyun loves you as much as you love him. It's not your fault that all this is happening. It's just another break, where you moved from Busan to Seoul. Even then you guys endured. Now your love is stronger and more stable, and I know it'll all come out okay after this storm passes by. Okay? Now don't start weeping. We have to keep our heads up. Hm?"
Jihye rubbed Jinhee's back, patting her to give a sense of confidence back into her system.
 
"Y..yeah you're right. I don't think anything can beat ten years really."
Jinhee chuckled.
Even if things don't work out relationship-wise, she knew she won't lose him as a best friend.
He was always her best friend.
 
"That's right. Now let's get you up and finish packing. Our flight's tomorrow."
Jihye smiled.
 
But even Jihye had secrets.
 
She wasn't sure at all, or rather didn't know how they were going to make it past the airport.
Jung Industries is a huge sponsor in corporation with most international flights, and Jihye could only cross her fingers, hoping that they will slip by safely. 
Jinhee has her new passport, and Mrs.Jung doesn't know Jinhee's full, legal name except Minhee, which Mr.Jung fabricated on the spot when Jinhee was handed over as a baby.
*Jinhee already has enough things to worry about*
Jihye thought, desperation filling in all the insecure holes in the escape plan.
 
After running around the whole entire day, keeping in contact with the ones taking part of Jinhee's safety, Jihye sat alone in the hotel room.
 
Jinhee had gone to meet Daehyun for the last time, and Jihye knew to let them be alone for their final farewell.
 
Jihye's fingers hesitantly hovered over the bright 'Call' button flashing on her phone screen.
 
'Kim Himchan
 
Should she say good bye? 
Is it out of line? 
He won't care much for a last coversation would he? 
 
*Drrring Drrring*
 
Her phone buzzed to life in her hands.
 
'Kim Himchan'
 
Speak of the devil.
 
To her own surprise, Jihye almost too quickly tapped 'Accept'.
 
"Y..yeobosaeyo?"
Jihye answered.
 
"Aren't you going to say at least good bye?"
Himchan's cold yet soft voice came through the reciver.
He read her mind.
 
Truth be told, Jihye didn't want to.
Himchan was the first guy to take her lonely mind off of work for once.
Now that he was slipping away too, she only felt like this was reality.
She didn't deserve him.
 
"Didn't think I had the right to. I'm leaving, Himchan, and I don't want to burden you. You're busy enough already." 
Jihye sadly smiled, the cold screen of her phone swiping against her curved lips.
 
Himchan's reply was silent.
 
"H..Himchan?"
Jihye asked, unsure if he was still on the line.
 
"Jihye-yah. You're the most stubborn, hard-headed woman I have ever met."
His voice was dead serious.
 
"W..what?" 
Jihye stuttered, being confused for the first time as to what to make of his statement.
 
"You don't think I'd care if you disappeared on me?"
Himchan asked, not angry or outraged, but simply just curious.
The girl has no clue of what she does to him.
 
"People come and go. I didn't expect someone like you to even encounter me." 
Jihye nibbled on her lip.
 
"Someone like me? Like what?" 
Himchan laughed-
What is she talking about?!
 
"Someone so... Stupid yet caring. Gentle yet dangerous. Motherly yet acts like a baby. I don't know what to make of you, Himchan. You're just Kim Himchan to me. I never thought I'd deserve to see someone like Kim Himchan."
Jihye sighed, a sincere smile gracing her expression.
 
"And is that a reason not to even say a proper good bye to me before you leave?" 
Himchan rationalized the situation.
 
"Whether I call or not, does it matter? I'm leaving."
Jihye shrugged. How much difference would it make if she called him or not? 
It would only make her feel happier while in truth, Himchan wouldn't care at all.
 
"Yes it does matter! I care about you Jihye-ssi, in case you forgot."
Himchan huffed, not understanding this girl.
She portrays maturity and wise behaviors 24/7, yet why is she being such an ignorant kid right now? 
Doesn't she get it?
He cares about her for crying out loud! 
Wasn't it obvious enough?
 
"You what?"
Jihye blurted.
 
"I care about you. God, you're so stubborn. Just accept the fact that I care a lot about you!"
Himchan blurted right back.
 
Jihye stood in the middle of her hotel room, baffled and speechless.
Nobody, and by nobody, not even a single living organism in the world has said that so directly as done by the Mother of  B.A.P had done so.
 
"Why?" 
Jihye was being stupid, but how? Since when? 
Jihye always thought of her spontaneous girlish feelings to be a one-sided thing.
 
"Because I can't make my pokerface or act like the usual cold city man I am around you!"
Himchan's chuckle was heard through the speakers, word for word.
 
Jihye laughed-
Cold city man was the last title Kim Himchan could have.
"You wish Himchan. All you are is just a big, motherly Channie."
 
"All right all right. It's just because you never saw my cold side."
Himchan defended-
He kind of ruined the possibility of making her fall for him naturally with his cold personality by practically pouncing on her in the plane.
 
Everything was explained as Yongguk and Youngjae explained they made a bet and put pills in his morning drink that day.
 
Apparently Youngjae won, and Yongguk gave Himchan a lesson on proper abstinence.
 
"I think I hear Daehyun coming back. Better get the tear tissues ready." 
Himchan snickered, his voice dropping a few happy volumes.
 
"Yeah. You go on right back to your amazing life. I'll be back soon."
Jihye smiled.
 
"You better Kattok me. I might have to save you from a swarm of douchebags otherwise."
Himchan warned.
 
"Arasseoyo Himchanssi."
Jihye giggled.
"Good bye. For now." 
She finally let the words come out from her pent-up chest.
 
"Annyeong Jihye. See you soon, right?"
Himchan's voice was happy yet longing.
 
"Yeah. Soon."
Jihye replied.
 
"Don't you let any douchebags dare touch you!"
Himchan warned for the last time.
 
"Arasseo! Arasseo! Bye~"
Jihye gave up to his petulant whining and pleading.
 
The final silence seperated them, and as Himchan grinned and Jihye smiled, they both hung up at the same time.
 
This was definitely not an end to a meeting of two people, but a start of a new story.
A story they were both willing to hop into together after all past typos, mistakes, and cover-ups were fixed.
 
The door opened, and Jihye woke up out of her happy trance as she faced a teary yet smiling Jinhee.
 
"Unnie I'm back."
She spoke, sniffling as she wiped some tears out of her soaked face.
 
"Aigoo~ you're such a crybaby sometimes. How did it go?"
Jihye smiled assuringly as she held Jinhee's hands.
 
"Well, he was more than fine with my decision after I said Yes."
Jinhee let out a breathy laugh and lifted her hand.
 
Jihye's smile was wiped out and replaced with the look of astonishment as her eyes landed on the beautiful gem lying delicately on Jinhee's fourth finger.
 
The ring finger was encased with a beautiful ring encrusted with sparkling diamonds, all sprinkled on a beautiful lotus flower in the center of it all.
 
"Oh my God- Jinhee-yah-"
Jihye gasped, her eyes speaking great volumes of true felicity.
 
 
"He said..um.. The lotus flower means a new start. Forget all the past and cherish the present and future. The flower grows in muddy water, yet blooms so flawlessly on the surface. Kind of like us and our relationship. I... I didn't know what to say.. But he knelt down on one knee, and I couldn't believe it. But I definitely said yes."
Jinhee's lips were strectched even wider at the replay of his actions.
 
"Did he just give that to you? It looks really expensive, and I know what expensive looks like."
Jihye giddily asked, craving for more information on her little sister's sudden yet amazing news.
 
"Uh.. Yeah and this is his."
Jinhee swiped her phone screen, and there flashed Daehyun's matching band.
 
 
 
"That's ..perfect! He can wear it as a B.A.P style all the time!"
Jihye clapped.
 
"Yeah. I don't want him to rush things. Although he popped the question, it doesn't mean he has to pop it out into the public. We've been safe so far, so I don't see why he wants to scream it out to the world now."
Jinhee laughed, thinking of Daehyun's arms punching the air and his hollering of triumph and achievement when she answered his question.
 
"Let the man be happy. He practically has you legally, mentally, emotionally, and soon physically."
Jihye winked at the last word, laughing as she watched her little sister burst in red.
 
"UNNIE! That's not until after I graduate!"
Jinhee whined, feeling the weight of her ring lift her into new positions as a woman.
 
"Sooner or later, whether you want to delay it or not, it's gonna come."
Jihye winked again at the double pun.
 
"GAHD! UNNIE!"
Jinhee was now a red piece of embarrassment stomping her foot on the floor.
"I can't BELIEVE YOU!" 
Jinhee yelled as she covered her face.
 
Jihye was dying of laughter while Jinhee hid under her bed covers and curled up into a ball, unable to stop her thoughts from wondering in the 'what ifs'.
Because they were childhood friends, and Jinhee practically already saw Daehyun shirtless and all, Jinhee thought it won't bother her.
But now as a woman and he as a man, her man, it was a whole different story.
 
"AISH"
Jinhee bursted, flapping around in her covers, trying hard to get her mind on something other than the thought of Daehyun's y eyes looking down at her as he hovered over her.
 
"Get some sleep, Mrs.Jung. We're leaving tomorrow."
Jihye smiled proudly as she slipped into her pajamas.
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<<
 
In B.A.P's dorm......
 
 
"You did WHAT?!"
Youngjae screamed as Daehyun announced his doings.
 
"That's my man!"
Yongguk's gums showed as he grinned proudly of his young dongsaeng.
 
"Woah- Already?"
Jongup gasped as the news just registered into his brain.
 
"Yeah. See?"
Daehyun proudly flashed the black gem in the maknae line's faces.
 
"It kinda looks girly."
Zelo commented, pouting in slight jealousy.
Ever since Daehyun came in the dorm, Zelo could sense something different about his hyung.
He looks majestic.
As if he had the whole world on his shoulders.
 
So as the B.A.P memebers rushed out to greet Daehyun with boxes of tissues and a collection of chick-flicks, the items cluttered meaninglessly on the floor along with the members' duties for the poor Daehyun.
 
And instead, they were faced with Mr.Jung instead of just Jung Daehyun.
 
Himchan blinked silently, impressed by his band memeber's progress.
And as the motherly side of him started to creep up, Himchan wanted to split open Daehyun's head and see what was going on in his brain.
What was he going to do if fans found out? The word would get out soon that Daehyun was loyally accessorizing his ring finger.
The black diamond was obviously a B.A.P approved safe choice, but the choice of a lotus design was a bit fishy, especially with its expensive-looking gem.
 
"She told me to wait and not rush things, but I feel like I might yell out my relationship status in the BABY fanmeeting or something."
Daehyun giddily spoke, his eyes seeming as if he was high.
 
"Calm down, Daehyun-ah. Like Jinhee said, you might want to wait until she graduates and everything becomes official. We want to cause as least damage as possible. You being childhood friends with her is enough a blow to our fandom, and the only thing to ease that is that she's graduated college. The fact that she's as young as Zelo might cause fans to hate you more."
Yongguk stated, reminding the members of their loving fans, and the majority narrow views of fandoms when a relationship issue comes up.
 
That seemed to bring Daehyun out of his crazed high, yet Youngjae was more bothered.
 
His sister was marrying his best friend.
 
Isn't that a major violation in the bro code?! 
But why couldn't he feel angry or disappointed? 
Why did he feel proud and happy of the news? 
But it's been only what, a month and a half since Daehyun came to Youngjae for his blessing to date her? Not marry her!
 
Youngjae's eyes landed on the black lotus flower encasing Daehyun's finger, unable to believe that his sister was being...taken.
 
He was the only proper male head of the family, so the news hit him like a hurricane, but he couldn't say anything.
There was absolutely no reason that Youngjae should protest their love.
Daehyun was the best guy he'd like for her sister to date, and Youngjae already knew Jinhee was the best path for Daehyun.
 
"Well, if you're worrying about blessings, I already have your Mother's."
Daehyun whispered next to Youngjae, and his eyes went wide as to how far Daehyun actually went for this.
 
"Y..you visited Umma?" 
Youngjae blinked, replied by Daehyun's happy nod.
 
"She wasn't even hesitant when I explained that I was your best friend, and that I knew her since elementary school."
Daehyun chuckled, running his thumb over his ring.
 
Everything happened so quick-
Yet somehow, it all felt right.
 
"4 years is a lot though."
Jongup sighed, respecting his hyung for waiting such a long time for his true love.
 
"I waited 10. I can wait 4 more."
Daehyun chuckled.
4 years should be a piece of cake, right?
 
"That means no marriage in 4 years. Let's go to sleep."
Himchan rubbed his hands together, and stood up to sign off into dreamland.
 
The other members followed suit, cheering Daehyun for his honorable action.
 
Daehyun looked at the clock-
11:28 PM, February 2nd, 2014.
 
In less than 12 days, it's Valentine's Day.
Tomorrow, by midnight, B.A.P releases '1004', their first official album.
 
Jinhee had to leave during this blessed holiday of couples, since she missed New Year's flight due to extra identity security work in Korea.
 
Daehyun didn't argue-
He didn't want Jinhee to leave earlier than needed.
But the girls needed some excuse to sneak in to a crowded airport for less chances of getting caught.
 
Daehyun was now sitting in middle of the dorm living room, the clock urging him to hurry up.
Closing his eyes, he let himself fall on to the floor.
He opened his eyes, and a pout immediately formed on his lips.
His eyes were in line with the ring on his finger, and he missed his bride already. 
*4 years huh....*
Daehyun thought.
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
"Quick as possible. Right?"
Jinhee clarified the rules.
She felt like a North Korean sneaking across the DMZ.
 
"Eung. Let's do this."
Jihye huffed, and they walked into the bustling airport.
 
We dragged our small luggages behind us, and fought through the crowds to the gate, since we already had tickets prepared.
 
Jinhee was distracted by all the couples at the exit gate as they hugged with tear-filled eyes.
Many girls were crying in joy as their soldier came home, or the halves of their hearts reunited for this blessed holiday.
 
*Will Daehyun and I be like that when I come back?*
Jinhee thought, looking left and right as the couples found their other puzzle pieces.
 
"Come on Jinhee-yah."
Jihye urged, although she knew it was hard for her-
There were couples everywhere.
 
Jinhee followed silently, trying not to think of Daehyun.
She couldn't believe she was going to say good bye for so long.
 
The guard checked their passports and let them through, and they were now trying to lie low as they found their gate.
This is where most of the guards were located, including the personal guards hired by Mrs.Jung.
 
Jinhee and Jihye were expected in two minutes at gate G.
They had just passed gate D when-
 
"Excuse me, misses."
An authorative voice stopped them on their tracks.
He didn't have an airport badge on, which meant he wasn't a worker here.
 
Jinhee froze.
 
"Is there a problem?"
Jihye spoke quickly, realizing the situation.
 
"I have to see your passports on the ground of Jung Industries' new project. We are granted to question identities of ladies around your ages for a new program."
The guard politely spoke.
 
Jihye slowly reached for her passport. 
She wasn't a legal Jung, so it might stall some time for Jinhee to sneak by.
 
"I need to see yours too madam."
The guard motioned to Jinhee, who had her face covered in case someone reocognized her despite the new haircut and look.
 
An arm wrapped around Jinhee, and Jinhee tensed up-
 
It wasn't a guard or a stranger.
 
It was-
 
"Sir, I don't think we have time for this. I have a plane to catch with my girlfriend here in a minute."
 
Kai.
 
"I heard that Kim Inc. took over the airline security with a warrant due to its new business initiative. Aren't you under Jung Industries?"
Kai pretended to be confused, but his act had won over the guard.
 
As if on cue, the Kim Inc. guards filed in, informing all ground securities to replace the Jung Project guards.
The guard in front of them was whisked away, Jihye and Jinhee breathed out sighs of relief.
 
"Had my Dad do a little tweaking. Apparently, it was illegal for Jung Industries to set up people in an airline, especially the airline that's a crucial business partner with Kim Inc."
Kai laughed, nudging Jinhee's shoulder to ease the tension.
 
Jinhee had doubted his intentions-
But as soon as she saw his sincere smile, she let herself trust him for once.
"Thank you, Jongin-ah."
She smiled in gratitude.
 
"It's the least I could do for you. Go catch your flight."
He nodded towards the gate.
Jihye gave Jongin a small gesture as a thanks and rushed to the gate in a hurry.
 
I gave him a small smile before following after Unnie, feeling a little better.
 
"Gate for flight from Seoul to Detroit. Seoul to Detroit will be closing-"
The announcements came on the moment Jihye unnie handed the lady our tickets.
 
She ripped off the end parts, handing us back the authorized tickets.
"Enjoy your flight."
She smiled, and gestured us inside.
 
Jihye unnie and I rushed inside, and I looked back to see Kai waving at me. I grinned wide to give him my farewells, and he mouthed, "Congratulations."
 
My eyes went wide-
How did he? 
 
But I turned the corner and he was out of sight.
 
"Come on Jinhee-yah!!"
Unnie yelled as she barely managed to step foot in the plane door.
 
I followed suit, and kept wondering how Kai knew of Daehyun's proposal.
 
Surely Daehyun wouldn't have told everyone except B.A.P members.
I trusted Kai enough not to spy on us.
 
Then... How? 
 
"Window seat."
I called dibs before Jihye unnie could sit down.
 
"Ugh. Fine. I have bad memories by the window seat anyways."
Jihye pretended to groan, remebering when Himchan almost "" her.
 
*kattok!*
My phone went off.
 
"Excuse me ma'am. The plane's about to take off, and we request all electronics to be turned off."
The flight attendant spoke politely, and I had to comply.
 
We took our seats and tried to settle down-
Jihye slid into her headphones, and I patiently looked out the window.
Reality hit me like a gust of wind, and I realized I'd never be coming back for a long time.
No more waking up alone, no more seeing Daehyun oppa's beautiful eyes, no more press or media.
 
"Attention Passengers, the plane is ready to take off. Please make sure your seatbelts are buckled, and be prepared to take off. The flight guide in located in the front of the back seat, and the oxygen masks are provided above by the lights. Thank you, and enjoy your flight."
The flight attendant spoke.
 
My head started to spin, and I felt lost for the first time since I've become my own Jinhee.
 
*Think of the Busan Ocean view*
Daehyun's voice rang through my ears.
 
It felt like he was here.
 
*I love you*
He spoke, and I could hear his charming laugh.
 
"I love you too."
I whispered, and watched the asphalt blur into a gray strip.
 
The plane lifted off, and so did the rest of Minhee.
 
This is a start in finding who Jung Jinhee is.
I only know that I love Jung Daehyun, and I'll always be his.
Now it's time to figure out the other stuff about what I like, what I prefer to do.
 
I'm going to find myself.
I'm going to find out the girl Daehyun fell for, the girl beneathe the money, the fame, the reputation.
 
I'm finding me.