Arrangements

Family? You & Me
 
 
 
 
All files were transmitted into the law department, and Daehyun was cleared off the Jung family's tree diagram. 
 
Done
Her excuse to see him is now invalid.
 
Jihye had taken the vacation week she had saved from Day 1 of her assistant job, and disappeared without a single note or good-bye.
All the Jung family knew was that she would come back someday-
Or all that they hoped to know.
 
B.A.P had officially begun their 'Badman' promotions, and there was not a single return news from the 6 guys as Minhee sent a letter to them, informing that the document transactions have been successful, and Daehyun's name was clean off of Minhee's family's family tree.
 
The president of the Jung Company, Minhee's Father, had flown to South America to expand the company's international trade affairs.
Mrs.Jung had been disappointed at the loss of the box she seeked to aquire, but had easily looked over the matters as another popped up soon after. She had been needed in the government's labs for a special 'Green Planet' project.
 
There was no activity around the mansion, so the maids were dismissed from their posts.
 
 
Minhee was alone again. 
 
 
More alone, for her own treasure was fading away.
Burying her face in her hands, Minhee sniffled as Babo weakly tried to cough another hairball up. 
 
Babo was sick, and his old age was deteriorating his systems little by little- 
They both knew that he wouldn't last long. 
 
"You can't leave me too Babo." 
Minhee sobbed, trying to get the cat to drink some water. 
"I don't want to be alone again." 
Minhee continued crying like a baby, feeling helpless in the empty house.
"Don't leave me you fat cat." 
Minhee burst out another waterfall of tears, praying for the cat to get better. 
 
She had tried all the best remedies for cats possible, even taking risks to find Babo's birthplace and home environment to bring the sick cat some peace in his sickly mind. 
 
She had called Daehyun many times with no effort made, and she didn't know what made her more sad-
The fact that Daehyun might be avoiding her, which she can't blame for he's busy with his sucessful career that she definitely had no right to be a part in,  or the fact that Babo being sick was fate telling her that she can't be with anybody- 
That she has to stay alone for the benefit of everyone.
 
Minhee was miserable again. 
She was losing the only light she had in her life. 
 
 
 
 
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
 
 
 
 
"B.A.P starts in 5 minutes!" 
One of 'Inkigayo's PD's assistant announced, bursting open the door to B.A.P's dressing room. 
 
The 6 members were all glad in their Badman theme outfits, consisting of golden black maps traced into the different designed clothing. 
 
"Hyung- are you okay?" 
Zelo swished a water bottle in a big gulp, getting ready to be sweaty in the heavy stage outfit. 
He couldn't miss Daehyun's uneasy face the whole entire day- 
None of the B.A.P members could, but due to their full-packed schedule, they only hoped Daehyun would endure. 
 
Daehyun was spacing out again, a suspicious trait of the hyung as he would usually be joking around with Youngjae hyung to calm his jittery nerves. 
 
"Hyung-" 
Zelo gripped his hyung's shoulder, gently placing his empty water bottle down nearby.
 
"H-huh?" 
Daehyun absent-mindedly answered, waking up to the reality of his dongsaeng's worried face. 
"I'm fine." 
Daehyun edged a smile on to his stiff lips, only causing the maknae to frown more. 
 
"Don't stress yourself hyung." 
The younger could only hope- 
Hope that Daehyun's aloof behavior would disappear soon.
 
The rest of the B.A.P members watched silently, trying not to be obvious about their little dilemma right now. 
Everything was working out so great for B.A.P- 
Maybe this was their punishment for sneaking off to L.A on their way back to Korea- 
But this punishment was too harsh on just one member. 
 
"B.A.P in two minutes!!" 
Another voice boomed outside their door, and the members obediently shuffled out the door one by one.
 
Daehyun stood up from his chair, and looked at his tired reflection-
Why was he feeling so sick?
He wasn't directly sick or anything- 
He just felt that gut instinct, as if someone else should be sick and he was feeling his/her presence.
And it felt all wrong. 
 
Quickly shrugging it off and thinking of his awaiting BABYz, Daehyun ran up the stage along with s and got ready to perform for all the hard work he had paid the price with in training seasons.
 
"어둠속에서 들리는 절규, 공포에 질린 세상은~"
(  In the darkness hear the despair, the world is in fear, terrified _ Trans. of B.A.P's 'Badman') 
 
Daehyun began, his heart thumping unevenly to the music. 
He let out a silent sigh of disappointmet-
His singing voice was faded. 
That fire he burned on to keept himself fueled for his passion for music- It was flickering weakly, hidden by his stage face. 
 
Daehyun momentarily thought of his blank phone screen, and the many missed calls as he had dialed for Minhee countless times- 
Is she avoiding him? 
Why wasn't she picking up? 
- why is there no single news of her anywhere? 
 
Clenching his fists, he finished the song with a makeshift fierce power. 
 
Something wasn't right, and he could feel it. 
 
 
--------
 
The Inkigayo recording was done, and the six idol stars changed back into their normal clothes.
 
"Daehyun-ah"
Manager Kang's voice came in through the dressing room, catching all of their attention.
He was clutching a manila folder in his hand, looking rushed as his disheveled breathing echoed from the silent dressing room enterance.
"It's done. Your free from the Jung family's papers."
 
Manager Kang faced many different expressions- 
Daehyun's careless nod,
Himchan's furrowed brows,
Yongguk's worried sigh,
Zelo's baby pout, 
Jongup's half-hearted smile, 
And -
Youngjae's relived smirk, which he hid quickly with a happy expression. 
 
"Good thing that's over with. No need to hide from the press as much huh?" 
Youngjae threw a snide smirk while Daehyun could care less about his name on the Jung's papers-
He realized that the family files didn't mean anything to him from the beginning. 
 
Himchan bit his lip-
Making his way to his manager, Himchan tried to look less anxious then he actually was ad he asked Kang hyung, "Any news of Jihye-ssi?" 
 
His manager gave Himchan a quizzical look before shaking his head as in 'no'.
 
Daehyun wasn't the only one not hearing from the girls- 
It was Himchan also, and in his case especially, Jihye wasn't contactable nor reachable-
 
At all.
 
Ever since Youngjae came back to their dorm room after talking with her, it was as if she had disappeared into the thin air.
Completely and Untraceably.
 
"I think I read a news article saying she went on vacation to the States- maybe she liked America too much."
Kang hyung chuckled, making Himchan's expression wander off into a new level of serious confusion, and stopping Youngjae's triumphant smirk from inching up his lips.
 
"Himchan-ssi, don't get it wrong, I didn't come to the States out of complete thrill." 
 
Jihye's laugh from their conversation at Detroit's hotel rung in Himchan's ears- 
Why would she go back to somewhere she didn't want to be? 
 
"I should be punished for disliking my Motherland right?" 
 
Her voice continued, and Himchan remebered she was born there.
Maybe she went back to her birthplace. 
She did talk about missing her Mother and little brother.
 
Youngjae mustered up all his willpower possible to stop himself from storming out he door to stop his noona in her tracks.
She was going to do something risky, and Youngjae could feel the weight creep up his spine.
 
What was his sister doing, going back to the road they've both sworn never to go back to? 
 
Going back to her own misery, 
The place where she was deserted and unwanted. 
 
Why?
Why was his sister torturing herself- 
Taking all the weight to herself so silently? 
 
Tears threatened to choke Youngjae as he thought of his sister suffering-
Deja vu.
He couldn't risk his sister suffering her pride, identity, and dignity all because he denied to accept her as his sister.
But he always thought of her as his sister- 
Even when she left him and his Mother for a guy. 
She's always been his one and only noona from the beginning. 
Why couldn't she realize that? 
 
Youngjae felt sick to his stomach.
 
Himchan observed his vocal member's contortion of expressions closely. 
 
"My name is Yoo Jihye." 
Jihye's voice from his first encounter with the secretary assistant radiated inside his dull memories.
Oh how he thought she was so annoying back then.
Himchan narrowed his eyes at Youngjae, feeling that slight shift in his perspective as different sides of the story begins to settle in.
Himchan didn't have to think twice about Youngjae's chubby cheeks and Jihye's eye smile, nor did he even have to doubt how their eyes closed when they laughed.
Coming to a rough sketch of the big picture, Himchan confirmed his quick suspicions.
 
*Off with the 'Jung's and in with the 'Yoo's now aren't we?*
 
 
 
--____--_____--_____--_____--____--
 
 
 
Another day passed, 
Another week passed.
 
Before they knew it, B.A.P was in their 2nd week of 'Badman' promotions and Minhee was in her room. 
As always. 
 
"Young Miss, your Mother requires to talk to you in the study."
A maid's voice called in through the door, and Minhee slowly got up.
Cough ripped through her dry theoat, and she stared at the door as she felt the nonexistent brush of a furry creature against her legs, which only reminded her of her dried-up tears. 
 
Babo is gone.
 
And nothing could fix that. 
 
Fixing herself into a somewhat tidy ponytail, shirt, and jeans, Minhee trudged down the meaningless marble stairs to the study where her Mother was expecting her.
 
Minhee knocked on the slightly opened door, and was answered by her enthusiastic Mother almost immediately. 
 
"Come in darling."
Her Mother's elegant voice welcomed her, and Minhee stepped forward to sit in front of the desk her Mother was seated in with her hands folded under her chin, leaning forward in excitement. 
 
"I got some good news sweetie."
Her Mother giddly spoke, turning a paper around happily on the desktop.
 
"Neh Umma?" 
I asked politely, confused by Mother's odd actions.
 
"Minhee, my beautiful daughter, you are now 17 years old, turning 18. In few weeks, you will be an adult, ready to fly out of this house and into a gorgeous heiress in the mercy of prying suitors who will try to claim you ask their own." 
Mother started, staring into my eyes.
 
"This family is known for its wealth and proud reputation, making you the most sought-out wife in Korea." 
She continued, now fiddling with an ink pen. 
 
"Mom.. What are you.." 
I questioned, only to be cut off by Mom.
 
"Sweetie. Umma just wants to make sure you are safe in the future without any regrettable flaws in your life."
Mom held my hands, her eyes giving off that special glint as if she was trying to convince the Korean board of economy to give special benefits for the Jung Industries for being the most influential internationally.
 
"How would you feel about.. Marriage?" 
 
 
My stomach dropped about a thousand feet-
Crashing through ground after ground, not knowing which way is up anymore.
My entire system halted and refused to function- 
But I found my croaky voice and sputtered, 
"M..Marriage?!" 
 
"Yes darling. You are a beautiful young lady in need of a trusty husband soon, and I won't accept any less then the best."
 
Mother's words slowly choked me, as if all the oxygen in the world was leaving me to suffocate.
 
".. And I've arranged a marriage meeting for you." 
 
My last breath left at Mother's statement, and I remember the world going black as I fell off the seat.
 
This cannot be happening.