Jung Jinhee

Family? You & Me

Here's the double update I promised you all, but never came T_T 

I was going to surprise you all with a triple update but I banned myself from the Internet during Christmas :(

Anyways, without further ado,

HAPPY READINGGGHH <3

 

                                        ~ B1A4bunny

 

>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<

 

"How was Japan..?" 
Minhee asked, her voice now uselessly miniscule compared to the thick atmosphere.

"Y..you knew you were Jinhee.."

Daehyun's voice was faltering.
She had a choice all this time, and she let herself be fooled.
Was...was she using society's judgements as an excuse to be married again? 
Is that what she possibly wanted all along?
His stomach felt like it had been wickedly cut up and punched-
Splattering into violent pieces, its poisonously bitter blood painting his shattering heart.

"You knew all this time.. And.. And.."
He stuttered, losing the ability to piece words together.

Minhee cut him off with a cold look.
"After Jongin left me bruised and hurt, I made a promise to myself." 
Minhee's voice was hard as stone.

"I made a promise that if I was going to be the nation's heiress, that I'd be a good one. I've been raised by elites for a reason, and just because I found my heritage, it doesn't mean I can come down so easily from the throne I was taught so hard to fight  for."
Minhee's face was now boldly up in the air, her eyes glinting dangerously-

This was Jung Minhee, South Korea's Heiress, raised from the elites' competitions and expectations.

It wasn't the Yoo Jinhee everybody thought she would realize herself to be.

And it definitely wasn't the scared little girl Daehyun had met in an elementary school classroom.

 

>>>> Flashback to Detroit <<<<
{ Before ch.11 extension}

_______ Minhee's POV _______

As I walked on, the clattering weight of the mysterious box that Uncle Ji gave me almost started to create a contagious itch in my mind-
Is it important?
Why is it Detroit?
Did they want me to open it? 
And who was Mr. Park that Mom was talking about in the text she sent me?

I stopped in my tracks and tested the box.
It shuffled along with my other belongings in my pack, but the itch only seemed to grow more irritating.

"Aish."
Unable to control my curiosity, I walked/ran into the nearest café I found and ordered a strawberry smoothie, carefully nudging the Box out of my backpack.

I set it on top of the wooden table to observe it-
It really did seem old and special.
Why would Mom want it and why would Uncle Ji give it to me with that sad smile on his face?

For all I know, Mom could have gotten it herself a long time ago if she wanted to.
She goes abroad almost everyday.

I tapped my nails on the smooth top of the box, picking at the crevice that tempted me to flip open the lid already.

I took a sip of my strawberry smoothie in a determined manner.

Fine.
I'll open it.

I was welcomed by a stack of old photographs of a familiar face-
Familiar faces.

Mrs.Yoo and Jihye-
Mrs.Yoo and Youngjae..?
Mrs.Yoo and Me.

And at that moment, the velvet behind the mirror underneathe the lid flopped open, and a secret picture made my brains go numb.

The rest went in a blur of -
I don't know-
Tears?
Time?
Regret?
Realization that her hunch about being related to Jihye is real?
Mostly Confusion?

{ Minhee used to secretly find out about Mrs.Yoo behind her parents' backs - chapter 1. }

I just remeber examining an old picture, flipping back to read the description in shock.

"Hello Miss Jung." 
A strange man clothed in a crisp suit sat down in front of me, his expectant eyes hidden behind a sleek pair of shades.

"W..who are you..?" 
I weakly spoke, trying to regain my social status as the National Heiress, not a wimpy, teary teenage girl drinking strawberry smoothie.

"I'm Agent Park. Your Mother must have informed you this morning." 
He spoke, putting the scattered photos in a neat stack and closing back the box as if it was never touched.

"You will not speak of this, nor will you act upon the knowledge you have aquired. You will remain silent to Mrs and Mr Jung about this issue, and you are Jung Minhee. Understood?"
Agent Park placed the Box back in my backpack.

"I will see to the delivery of this box. You must take it to Mrs. Jung whether you intended to or not." 
His tone had a heavy permenance about it-
As if he had set a surveillance camera upon my consciousness, and the red alarms would blare if I tried to sneak out from a loop hole.

But for this moment, I let myself be who I actually was- 

Yoo Jinhee, 
"Mrs." Yoo's blood daughter,
Yoo Jihye's sister,
Yoo Youngjae's sister,
And 
The real Traitor.

Fate had inevitably contorted two different people into one life.
Jung Minhee, the South Korean Heiress who had the whole world on her proud shoulders, and Yoo Jinhee, who had been just found after being lost under Minhee's shadows.

Yoo Jinhee is scared, and has nowhere to go.

Jung Minhee has a life, and a shot at living in peace just as she always had.

Jung Minhee seemed like a better choice.

With a shovel of tears, Minhee buried Jinhee deep inside where no one could see her.
Where nobody could remind her that she was going to regret this.
Where nothing could tell her that she's not Jung Minhee with the title of South Korea decorating her delicate reputation, which she had lived up to ever since she could remeber.

And exactly where no conscious mind could seep into the darkest place in her heart and tell her that she belongs with her true family, the one that has been waiting for her until she wanted to come back.

For Yoo Jinhee dearly wanted to run into her Mother, Brother, and Sister's arms and wanted nothing more than to be taken away from the weight on her fragile shoulders with ugly battle wounds that had been covered with makeup.

Yet if she ran away to the heavenly happiness of having that small dream of true family, Minhee's powerful one will never let her reach that far.

Jung Minhee had to survive in order for Yoo Jinhee to live.


>>>>> end of flashback <<<<<


Daehyun was, is, a reminder of Yoo Jinhee's existence, the reason why Minhee's parents were so against him.
Having a special hunch of Jihye and Mrs.Yoo all along, Minhee's promise only grew stroger after her arranged enagagement broke.

It was mostly the reason why Jinhee stayed hidden when Daehyun had found her again, trying so hard to show only the cold Jung Minhee to him.

But Daehyun kept luring the Jinhee out of the ground Minhee had dug her in, caring for her, feeding her with love, making her live and healthy again, almost to the point where she had enough strength to overthrow Minhee and end it all by running away to Jihye, Mrs.Yoo, and her real family-
Run away with Daehyun.
It was all too tempting.
It was all too.. Surreal.
A silly fantasy.

If she was a normally adopted girl- a nobody - it would have been a no brainer.

But as a heiress expected to have a top-quality brain bred by the finest of the society, Minhee decided to kill Jinhee with a final act of marriage-
Marrying Jongin back and abusing herself both physically and mentally for thinking Daehyun and others will accept her the way she truly is-
A murderer, a killer, a sinner.
A heartbroken diamond glinting temporarily in the spotlight while the other side of the precious gem was covered with black dirt, a flaw.

Minhee opened her eyes to face her consequences-
The aftershock of almost killing an innocent girl, and face the hatred of her loving family she never knew she had.

"Jinhee-yah." 
It was Daehyun's voice.

To her unexpected surprise, Daehyun, Yoo Jinhee's best friend, didn't slap her, hit her, blame her for all the harm she brought to the Jinhee everybody loved- 

He tenderly wrapped his arms around Jung Minhee, caressing her cheeks.
The same thing he'd do to Jinhee.

Minhee felt her eyes widen in shock, and the tear she tried so coldly to hold back fell shamelessly.

"There, there.."
Daehyun whispered, swiping his thumb under her moistened eyes.

"Stop hiding from me, Jinhee-yah. It's just me.. It's the same Daehyun you knew in Busan." 
Daehyun smiled, his voice light as he tried to hide his own tears-

His girl-
The girl he loved so much was hurting, and he never knew.

Her name is Yoo Jinhee, and Jung Minhee never killed her-
She hid Jinhee into safety, protecting  both of herself from the coldness of reality- 

From the sea of society filled with so much prejudice, so much hatred.

How were they going to accept her when they saw her as a mere adopted birth child from a different womb, the one of a muddied, tainted bloodline?

"Jalhaetseo* (you did well)" 
Daehyun cooed softly.
"You stayed strong all this time. But Jinhee-yah... It's okay to be yourself sometimes." 
He smiled sadly, watching his Jinhee break out into a sob.

"I'm S..so Sorry. I th..thought I didn't have a..a family or an..anybody to go to.. I'm sorry Jihye Unnie- I'm so..sorry Youngjae ..o..Oppa." 
Jinhee sobbed.
She sobbed as one person, not as a rich heiress required to get married nor an adopted child of different families-
But as Yoo Jinhee and Jung Minhee together-

As who she really was.

Jung Jinhee.
Daughter of Jung Industry's CEO and Yoo Jaeyoung- Mrs.Yoo.

"It's okay Jinhee-yah. You came back and that's what matters, right?" 
Jihye rubbed her sister's arms assuringly, her eyes gleaming with tears of relief and happiness as Daehyun let Jinhee go and put her into her sister's arms.

"And I hope you know that I dated your brother to stay close to you, right?" 
Jihye giggled, and Jinhee laughed.

At this, Himchan's ears perked up.
*She dated Minhwan only for her sister...* 
He hid his grin, keeping his fists from punching the air in glee.

The rest of B.A.P acted the same-
Even though Jung Minhee's reveal came as a surprise upon them, they couldn't come to hate her for whatever wrong she may have done-
She hasn't done anything but hurt herself to protect the ones around her.

They all respected her hard-fought battle against society.

But it was time for her to step down and let others fight with her when they swarm around her after she shows them who she really is.
She has to now catch her breath to let herself be her, whether it may be a heiress or a rejected daughter.


Whatever society brings to tear down this brave girl, B.A.P will be there to protect her.

"Nobody ruins my little sister. That's final." 
Youngjae smiled with the same tears of happiness streaming down his face, patting Jinhee on her back.

"What if it's Daehyun hyung?" 
Zelo scratched his head, jokingly taking Youngjae's statement into a new level of immaturity.

Earning chuckles and a shy blush from the said girl, Zelo earned Himchan's knuckle to his head.

"Aigoo this kid." 
Himchan laughed as Zelo scowled.

"Welcome back to the world, Miss Jinhee." 
Yongguk spoke, earning nods from everywhere.

Jinhee was once scared of coming back out into the world again after Daehyun-
For when society found out about Minhee's fondness of such a boy, they were willing to shove her down, which her Mother did.

She was scared of rejection, even when she didn't know what it felt like, what it looked like.

So this is what happens to a girl when she decided to come out of her hiding place, curious of what rejection could do to her.

Instead of being shoved back down into her hiding spot, Jinhee found 7 pairs of hands already helping her up.

"Glad you're finally letting yourself back, Jinhee. I missed you." 
Daehyun grinned, now feeling Jinhee's presence with him to the core.
There was no barrier seperating them anymore-

No guards, no money offered to stay away from her, no family documents to fill out.

And most importantly, there is nothing holding her back from letting her come back to him.


>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<


"She's with WHAT?!"
Mrs.Jung bellowed- 

Unbeliveable.
Minhee dared to run out on a wedding and scurry into the arms of that no-gooder.

Mrs.Jung had every single one of her security guards man the exits and enterances, setting security devices inside the building for heaven's sakes-

And she just ran out, just like that.

Mrs.Jung picked up a framed family photo, glaring holes into her ungrateful daughter's frozen picture.

"You are a disgrace to me, little girl." 
She hissed, slamming the frame down to the floor, her expression unmoved and impassive as the frame's glass shattered into wicked pieces on the cold marble flooring.

"I've taught you to earn your keep. Now you have a debt to pay, dear daughter." 
Mrs. Jung hissed the last word with extra toxicity, her nails now digging into the innocent tabletop wood. 

But business comes first.

Mrs.Jung tapped on her voice command bluetooth, and calmly spoke, "Call Mr.Kim."

Three dials are all it took for Mrs.Jung to reach the defeated man.

"Yes Mrs. Jung?"
His voice sounded weak.

"I heard my daughter slipped out. I apologize for the inconvinience."
Mrs.Jung sarcastically spoke, as if she was pitying him.

"No, it should be I who apologize for having an ungrateful son." 
Mr.Kim sighed, pressing his lips into a thin line.

"Well then Mr.Kim. I guess this is the end of our partnership." 
Mrs.Jung apathetically spoke.

"Mrs. Jung- reconsider the situation here. It was our children that failed to bring themselves together, not the compan-"
Mr.Kim reasoned, clawing madly as Mrs.Jung started to close the golden door to better the economy of the whole country-
It was too much income he was losing.

"Think about the facts here, Mr.Kim. How would the reputation of two companies whose children ran away from their wedding look like? It makes us look weak and petty. The Jung Industries is not a common company to easily meddle with. Our choicese makes not any differences, but the ones that are a step ahead. We do not slow down nor take a step back for any matter. Goodbye Mr.Kim." 
Mrs.Jung sighed, and killed the call.

"I hate whining businessmen." 
She grumbled, and stood up from her leather chair.

Now that her daughter was no use to her, and would probably run out on every single wedding-
It was time to tend to her garden once again.

Snip the overgrown weeds, keep the garden flawless.


>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<


Jinhee sat silently, trying to comprehend and adjust to her new beginning.
B.A.P and Jihye were sitting around the safety of B.A.P's dorm, the awkward atomsphere hanging around.

"So.. What are you going to do next Jinhee-yah?" 
Zelo asked as he straddled a wheely chair backwards, hugging the back part as he shifted his feet to spin the chair in rhythmical movements.

Jinhee looked at Joonhong-
" I.. I think I want to go visit my family.."
She shyly spoke, meeting Jihye's smile.

"Of course you can." 
Jihye nodded, followed by Youngjae.

"I think I should take all of you to visit Mom."
Youngjae glanced at Jihye, who bit her lip- 
Jihye hasn't been keeping in touch with her Mother since.. Well since she dated Minhwan.
She didn't want to be shameful to her Mother for acting upon the wildest plan she had came up with.

"Yeah Kang Hyung?"
Himchan was calling his manager, eyeing the people in front of him.
"Push our schedule to tomorrow. We got a full day today." 
He grinned, nodding as he earned a defeated approval.

"Nothing stupid. Arasseo?"
Manager Kang spoke loud enough for all to hear.

"Aish- Arasseo." 
Himchan scowled at the spiked volume, and ended the call.

They all took Yongguk's car, excitement running through them even though they were heading to, well.. , jail.

"I knew Mrs.Yoo was innocent!" 
Jinhee clapped her hands as Jihye explained the story behind the bars, and Jinhee's deep resentment towards her "Mother", Mrs. Jung, grew more and more.
Yet Jinhee couldn't fight the deep love she had for her Mother, for she had raised her all her life.

"Far as I know, Mrs. Jung was the mistress in that situation." 
Youngjae scoffed, pulling on his beanie.

"Hey."
Daehyun smiled, his warm eyes on Jinhee.
"You okay?"
He asked.

"Eung* (yeah). A bit nervous on the side, but I'll manage." 
Jinhee smiled back.
She was glad Daehyun was with her, along with all the B.A.P members.

"Here we are. Want us to walk you in?" 
Yongguk joked-
What would happen if all six B.A.P members bursted in to a police building to visit a "criminal"? 

"We're fine from here I think." 
Jihye laughed, popping open the door.
"Let's go little Yoos. Time to meet Mommy Yoo." 
She chirped, tugging on Jinhee and Youngjae's hand.

"Hwaiting Minnie Mouse!" 
Daehyun cheered.
Even though the nickname didn't have much relevance with her name now, it still had the same meaning.

"Say Hi to your Mom for me!"
Joonhong waved like a kid, followed by Jongup's grin.

"Don't come out bawling like babies, alright? I don't want to carry baby bottles.. Yet" 
Himchan winked at Jihye, who blushed at the little side comment.

"Stay away from my Noona, Himchan Hyung, and keep away from Jinhee, Daehyun. Kay? Kay. Bye." 
Youngjae protectively dragged his sisters away, huffing at the unfair proportionality of boys to girls.
And the girls are his sisters for crying out loud.

The three siblings walked into the Police Headquarters, anticipating Jinhee's reunion with her birth Mother.

As they sat waiting for the policeman  to give permission for them to see their Mother.

"Three of you this time?" 
The familiar police officer stepped in, recognizing Youngjae, who was the usual visitor.

"Yes sir. They're my sisters." 
Youngjae proudly announced, making Jinhee grin widely.

"You guys go right in. And Youngjae- my daughter wishes you a congratulations on your Japanese tour." 
The officer smiled kindly, and Youngjae nodded a thank you before we stepped in the isolated visiting area.

A familiar figure sat on the other side of the bulletproof glass wall, her frail yet firm hands folded politely on her lap.

"Umma.. We have guests." 
Youngjae spoke, and the lady's head slowly came up.

"Ahjumma..." 
I was trying to suppress the tears, yet my voice gave it all away.

"J..Minhee-yah?" 
She asked in a voice so unbelieving.

"Hi Umma." 
Jihye spoke up, her shy hands sending a small wave.

"Jihye-yah." 
Mrs.Yoo smiled happily.

"I brought my sisters." 
Youngjae grinned.

"Hi Umma." 
Jinhee whispered, and Mrs.Yoo's eyes widened and mouth dropped.
"It's Jinhee." 
Jinhee shyly smiled.

Mrs.Yoo looked at Youngjae and Jihye, who gave her a knowing look.

"Oh my God"
Mrs.Yoo gasped, inching closer to the glass barrier.
"Darling..."
She cupped ,keeping the sobs from bursting out.

"H..How did you find out?"
Mrs.Yoo's tears gleamed through her happy orbs, rolling down in joy.

"I met Uncle Ji after Mothe.. umm..Mrs.Jung told me to run an errand for her at Detroit." 
I explained, and watched another bright smile surface on her fragile expression.

"Have Madame Jung contacted you after you found out?" 
Umma dangerously whispered.

Jinhee glanced at Jihye and Youngjae.
"No. She hasn't." 
She whispered back.

"I strongly suggest you avoid her grasp. Until Mingyu- I mean Mr. Jung comes to full aware of the true situation, go stay with your Uncle in the States." 
She offered, and Jinhee took the advice graciously.

"And for you, Missy,"
Mrs.Yoo eyed her other daughter-
"Stay out of trouble." 
Jihye grinned at the command.

"Youngjae-yah, my ahdeul* (son), I am very proud of you for finding your sisters again and choosing the right decisions"
Mrs.Yoo smiled at her loving son, who cheekily grinned back.

"Visiting time is up." 
The police officer's sympathethic voice interrupted our conversations, and we left our warm farewells.

"Until next time Umma." 
Jinhee spoke, surprisng Mrs.Yoo again with the endearment.

For so long she had to be tortured by watching her own daugther call out for another Mom-
But not anymore.

"Until next time, my beautiful ddal* (daughter)"
She replied, waving goodbye as her precious children disappeared behind the metal doors of the visiting room.

Mrs.Yoo closed her eyes, and for the first time in a very long time, she could smile in peace, knowing that she had won everything.
She has retrieved all of her children back from under the dangers, and she now had nothing to fear.


*Stay strong, Jinhee.*
Mrs.Yoo wished as a policeman came to her out of the visiting room.