Visiting

Family? You & Me
 
 
'Welcome to L.A' 
 
A sign read, which Minhee took a quick picture of before anyone could see her in the break of dawn.
 
They had landed late around night, and everyone was already wide awake due to the good sleep they had during the flight.
Especially because Minhwan was a business man who was in better terms alone late at night and early in the mornings, it all worked out in Minhee's favor. 
 
The nine Koreans wandered down the night-lit city as its beauty hovered on about their eyes. 
 
But in Jihye's eyes, it was blaring red with the hell's signal- 
Warning her of the devil himself she was dangerously nearing. 
Why couldn't she forget all about it and start fresh, just like he did so ignorantly?  
 
Minhee gulped in guilt, pain stinging her heart as Jihye crumbled away so easily.
It really was heartbreaking, the two tales which twisted around each other so painfully yet came together in a contorted mix of puzzle pieces.
 
"I'll meet you guys back at the airport in a few. Have fun! "
Minhee turned around and announced, realizing she was a few minutes away from her brother's home. 
Manager Kang and the rest of B.A.P nodded, while Daehyun just stood so stiffly. 
 
Jihye silently trailed behind Minhee, her head hanging down in fear, anxiety, and the overwhelming memories she so desperately wanted to forget. 
 
"You don't have to follow me Jihye." 
Minhee smiled as they walked through a pedestrian crossing.
"I have to, at least for your sake. It's not just me that should be worried."
Jihye bitterly laughed, knowing well of how Minhwan could erupt any moment in front of Minhee, not filtering his words correctly. 
 
"Thanks Jihye unnie."
Minhee laughed, trudging on by, trying not to think of her brother's worst actions on the way to see him. 
 
Jihye let a tiny smile slip, realizing the title Minhee had called her. 
Minhee would call her "unnie" many times, but only did Jihye keep the secret meaning behind the word to herself for the best of everyone's lives. 
Especially the life she cared about the most. 
Well, one of the two lives. 
 
____ Youngjae's POV____ 
 
"Kang hyung. I think we should follow them." 
I suggested, feeling a dangerous sensation slither inside my gut. 
Gut feelings.
Mine were never wrong. 
 
"Youngjae, she went for family business- Privacy is the least we can give her after dragging her to Detroit with us."
 Manager Kang sighed, knowing better than to let his boys into the private life of South Korea's elite heiress. 
 
"I'm going after her, and you can't stop me." 
Daehyun suddenly sprinted, making myself accelerate after him. 
 
"Yongguk-ah! Stop them!" 
I could hear Manager Kang shout, but I smirked as I heard Yongguk's hyung's deep, careless voice calming down Kang hyung's overreactive response. 
 
As Daehyun and I ran across the pedestrian street, we gradually stopped as we spotted the two girls laughing and chatting with each other - 
I knew they wouldn't have gone far.
 
"Youngjae-yah.. Why'd you come?" 
Daehyun scratched his head, trying to figure out why I was getting in this irrelevant business.
Irrelevant to him, very relevant to me. 
 
"I don't have a good feeling about this." 
I explained, half-speaking the truth. 
Then again, when did I ever speak the  whole truth behind my intentions these days?
"Why'd you run?" I asked Daehyun. 
 
"Uhhm...When we were sunbae and hoobae, Minhee would talk to her brother on the phone, or return after seeing her brother, and come back in tears or with red eyes. She said there wasn't a single problem, and she loved her brother, but it was obvious that he was mean to her. I just know she'll come back in tears this time too. " 
Daehyun mumbled, sliding his body on to the brick wall of a building to hide himself from the girls. 
 
I followed suit, nodding for Daehyun to go on. 
 
"There's never a normal visit to Minhwan. Minhee's mother would encourage her to keep making these visits, and Minhee would gladly see her brother, but sometimes she comes back horrified- tears, shock, nightmares, and everything." 
Daehyun explained, making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.
 
"What happened to Korea's most loving family of all time?" 
I scoffed, remembering seeing articles of how well-built the Jung family was with its loving relationships and unbreakable bonds. 
 
"Dunno. For all I care, Minhee's never gone to her family for comfort. She always came to me, at least until we seperated." 
Daehyun spoke with a pleased smile on his face, as if he was remembering all the times she did. 
 
"Do..do you have a thing for her?" 
I carefully asked, but couldn't help myself to be less direct.
 
"She's the only person I cared so much about. I lost her once, now she's back. I don't know Youngjae, do I have a thing for her?" 
Daehyun jokingly asked, and I returned a smirk. 
 
"You're definitely whipped. What has Jung Daehyun gotten himself into? Falling for the Nation's Heiress is a dangerous gamble, especially for a celebirity's career."
I softly snickered as we walked along the path Jihye and Minhee had walked. 
Daehyun nudged me, chuckling at the statement. 
 
"You guys have a lot in common. Sometimes you remind me of her, and she reminds me of you. Creepy huh." 
Daehyun stated, confusing me.
"You say a lot of things she said to me in the past, and she talks like you. You guys have a similar almond eye shape, and she has your chubby cheeks- "
Daehyun trailed on, creeping me out. 
 
"Yah. Stop. You're scaring me retard."  
I protested, denying all the creepy, coincidential alikeness I had to the heiress. 
 
"What are you guys talking about?" 
A husky voice called out, startling us for a moment. 
 
"Himchan hyung. Doesn't Youngjae look like Minhee a bit?" 
Daehyun questioned Himchan who apparently is joining us on stalking two girls in L.A.
 
"Now I think of it... Kind of.." 
Himchan hyung's lips went up in his goofy grin, leaving me to facepalm myself at their utter ridiculousness.
 
"Are the fanfics getting to you? Do you have them DaeJae feels right now?" 
I taunted, laughing as Daehyun quickly shut up and stopped listing out my facial and personality similarities to the nation's heiress.
 
B.A.P members hated ships, although Boss let the public ship us, the skin-cringing fanfics would appear in our nightmares and have us paranoid of our potentially gay band members. 
 
Shippings were horror movies. 
 
"Well. Dae, Jae, shut up cuz we're on a mission here." 
Himchan hyung grabbed the back of our necks, and pushed us forward before we could lose Jihye and Minhee. 
 
"Ahhish~ Arasso* (*okay/ I understand)" 
I whined, prying Himchan hyung's hand off my precious neck. 
 
Daehyun silently snickered, still not over the whole Youngjae-and-Minhee-similarities. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
 
____ Minhee's POV ____
 
"Private College of International  Business, How may I help you?" 
A snappy woman's voice answered the gate speaker as I beeped in to pass by the dorms. 
 
"This is Jung Minhee younger sibling of Jung Minhwan, here to visit him." 
I stated firmly, silently squirming around nervously.
 
"His security question is : Where does his little sister spray her perfume?" 
 
I smiled a bit at the question. 
 
"You spray perfume?" Jihye mumbled softly,  confused. 
 
I confidently answered, 
"In the middle of my room."
 
I never directly spray perfume on my body, thanks to the little conversation Minhwan oppa gave to me about the unhealthiness of direct contact on skin with an artificial product. 
So being the brother-loving sister, everytime I purchased a perfume or any other odor-radiating product, I sprayed it in the middle of my room to enjoy the scent without being scolded by Minhwan so tediously. 
 
"You may enter. Welcome to the Californian campus of PCIB." 
The lady replied contently, and the fancy gates swung open.
 
"Of course that healthy bastard wouldn't let you spray that so-called skin killer on to his precious sister's skin." 
Jihye lightly laughed, stepping inside the gates with a lifted spirit. 
Maybe with Minhee, things weren't as ty for her as she thought it would be. 
 
We made our way to the dormitory park as designated, following the dim lights as support for the lack of moonlight tonight. 
Campus couples passed by, some late-night studying students were scattered here and there, and some were having discussions and debates about international topics in general.
 
No wonder the international government privately funds the PCIB.
 
____ Your POV ____
 
"Minhee?" 
A familiar voice called out, and Minhee immediately smiled widely at the recognition of that particular voice. 
 
"Opppaaaa!!" 
Minhee yelled out, running into the 23 year-old's outstretched arms.
 
"Oof -you've grown" 
He coughed, regaining his attacked balance. 
Minhwan's eyes traveled from te top of his sister's head to the dimly-lit lamp post nearby, and a shy girl hiding her emotions. 
 
"Jihye you can come out." 
Minhwan chuckled, and Jihye shuddered a sigh. 
 
"H..hey Minhwan.."
Jihye awkwardly waved, mentally hitting herself at the stupid move. 
The last thing she wanted to do was seem like a hopeless idiot in front of the man she hated most at the moment.
 
"Been a while huh?" 
He casually dropped his hold on Minhee, patting her head. 
 
Jihye nodded, walking backwards as he came forward.
 
"I missed you, you know." 
His low voice muttered in her ear, and Jihye clenched her teeth as he neared. 
Despite the fact that Jihye actually did, in fact, miss the happy times I had with him, the sadness and regret are too much for the happiness to battle alone. 
Sorrow won, and nothing would bring her happy memories back.
 
Suddenly, a dark form emerged from the shadows, and parted the closeness between Jihye and Minhwan. 
The form bumped seemingly accidentally into Minhwan, startling the man for a bit. 
 
"Sorry" 
A husky voice gruffly spoke, and the guy continued his way. 
 
Could that be-? 
Yep
 
Jihye wasted no time trying to escape Minhwan's suffocating atmosphere. 
"I'll get back to my paperworks now Minhwan. Make sure Minhee has a fun half an hour with you. Bye." 
Jihye hurriedly spoke, and ran after the familiar dark figure that was now disappearing out of Jihye's vision radar.
 
It was the first time she ever walked out on Minhwan, even after the breakup.
Minhwan unclenched his tightened fist and put on a smile for his oblivious sister.
 
"So what has little Minhee been up to recently?" 
Minhwan asked, hiding his masked emotions from gushing out after the leaving Jihye. 
Not now. 
Not anymore. 
 
 
____ Jihye's POV _____ 
 
"W-wait!! H..Himchan!"
I ran after the dark figure, certain on my familiar recognition of the hidden person. 
 
Himchan turned around, and I stopped to look up to his face. 
"Himchan-ssi.." I panted, smiling a bit. 
He just saved my poor out there. 
And helped me make a big statement.
 
"Why'd you follow me?" 
He asked coldly, his sentence terse; there wasn't a single staggered breath to be found in his stern voice.
 
"T-thank you" 
I mumbled, not really knowing how to say the words. 
 
"Jihye-ssi, I mistreated you, and now I'm returning a favor. Call it even if you wish." 
Himchan nonchalantly spoke, hiding his professionally masked emotions.
 
I only nodded, not understanding how so much compassion came from such a cold voice.
Obviously Himchan was with Daehyun and Youngjae, who didn't know that I was alert of their little spying act the whole time. 
 
"So.. Um.. Ex-boyfriend?" 
Himchan awkwardly asked, and I nodded again. 
 
"He was a long time ago. I won't bother you  with the story though." 
I laughed, unconsciously making Himchan melt a little. 
 
"Go ahead. Bother me. I bothered you many times before."
Himchan chuckled, remembering how Minhee had said that Jihye's bias was Himchan, and she swapped her airplane ticket with his in order for Himchan to get near Jihye. 
Himchan played along with it, since he knew how much Daehyun would like to sit with Minhee for 13 hours.
 
What a mistake that was. 
 
"Do you really want to hear the useless story about a stupid girl and a retarded ?" 
I cocked my head sarcastically, already expecting a definite no from Himchan's usual chic, observant personality. 
 
But to my surprise, he leaned down to align his lips with my eyes, and smiled.
"Yes. If the girl is you, I want to hear about a stupid girl."
He answered, his goofy smile making my heart jump a bit. 
 
"Are you being serious?" 
I blinked- 
Who ever wants to listen to a sappy love story? 
Especially not k-pop stars.
 
"Yes, I'm serious." 
Himchan leaned back, ready for me to tell the story. 
 
Not being able to find a loop hole out of this situation, I sighed and began my story under the dimly lit lamp post, illuminating my sad memories as it unraveled word by word. 
 
It was as if time stopped for me to tell the tale- 
To this dangerously beautiful man in front of me. 
It started to become more and more difficult for me to catch myself and hide the details here and there.
Is it possible that somebody out there who I dreamed of standing besides me at all cost, is in a form of a human man who brought more harm than good? 
I shook the silly thought off, now reaching the point in the story where my heart was clattered into pieces by Minhwan's call.
 
Himchan's face turned into stone as I told him about the breakup, and a tear involuntarily fell down as I thought of the events that followed. 
Damn it. 
The last thing I wanted to do was cry in front of Himchan. 
 
"You know you look really ugly when you cry." 
Himchan jokingly muttered, and wiped a tear from my cheek like he did before.
 
His cold barrier was broken, and I could feel honest warmth radiating from his touch. 
"Gee thanks"
 I sniffled, looking up into his caring eyes.
The endless tears finally stopped, and I ended up smiling as Himchan grinned like a kid.
 
"Well, Jihye-ssi, you've been through a lot, and so have I. I believe we had a bad first encounter. Mind starting over?" 
He asked in a fancy tone, standing up and putting out his hand. 
 
I took it and shook it in a joking manner, giggling out, 
"I couldn't have agreed more good sir." 
 
"Now let's go before that ugly bastard of an ex-boyfriend decides you were too beautiful for him and changes his mind to come back to you." 
Himchan spoke, causing another laugh to erupt through me. 
 
His hand in mine, and my hand in his, we walked into the dark night of L.A, accompanied by the beautiful and comforting peace that surrounded us.
The irony that it was an idol celebirity I was falling for was so big that I forgot all about who Himchan on stage was, and only saw the Himchan holding my hand right now.
The Himchan who apologized for almost me. 
The Himchan who wiped my tears. 
 
It became more and more clear that I was falling for him more than I ever should, yet I ignored my conscience as I held his hand tighter- 
 
Being greedy, once again. 
 
For I know I have to let this wonderful person go someday before he left me, in order for me to save my heart.
 
 
 
 
{ A/N } 
 
I'll try to update on the same day every week. 
Or two days, depending on how the story goes ^^; 
Thank you so much readers for over-looking my week-by-week update :D
I promise it'll ALL be worth it kekeke
I have so much in store for you guys that this isn't even the beginning :3
 
happy Reading <33