Runaway Bride

Family? You & Me
I'M BACK!!! 
WINTER BREAK IS HERE! 
MIDTERMS ARE OVERRR! 
 
CHRISTMAS EVE DOUBLE UPDATE! 
and this long chappie for all my loyal subbunnies.
 I LOVE YOU GUYS THAT MUCH <3
 
 
                                                      ~ B1A4bunny
 
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
 
"Kai, your phone." 
Suho tossed the vibrating phone to his bandmate, unaware of the number.
 
Kai stared at the screen.
 
'Mr.Kim'
 
His heartless Father, eh?
 
Kai somehow swiped 'Accpet'.
 
"What do you want?"
His tone came out more bitter than expected.
 
"Son. How many times do I have to apologi- Before you hang up there's something important." 
His Father sighed, his trembling tone reminding Kai of how long it's been since he physically saw him-
Not that it mattered anyways.
 
He put the phone over his ears once again and listened.
 
"Do you still love Minhee?" 
His Father asked, all out of the blue.
 
Could he possibly know about the recent kidnapping act-?
 
"What kind of a question is that?" 
Kai scoffed, now gaining concerned gazes from the rest of his EXO members.
 
"The chance of a lifetime is in your hands son. Your entertainment company, the Jung Industries, and our family's business are willing to cooperate on one condition; You have to take your ex-finacé back, son."
 
His Father's words registered very slowly into Kai's brain.
 
Korea's top entertainment company, combined with the two most efficient  business labels-
The cultural and economical effects were not something to toy with.
It was going to cause an economical revolution.
 
Kai knew better than to let his pride and dignity stick up in the middle of it all-
He just realized -
He has no choice.
 
"I'll do it.. Only if.. After the marriage, Minhee and I live seperately."
Kai growled.
It's the least he could ever do to take his responsibilities, the very ones he hated to admit his name into.
 
It was he who ran away from the dutiful tasks many looked upon him to fulfill.
 
D.O's round eyes widened even more when the word "marriage" slipped out of his best friend's tongue.
And he could sort of figure out what the conversation was about.
Kai now regrets all the harm he's brought Minhee, but it was never enough to contain himself fully when it actually hit him face-to-face, such as the last incident.
 
Kris,Tao, and Luhan were now looking in Kai's direction.
For them too, have been in their shoes-
They were runaway millionares.
The news of arranged engagements were familiar to their ears, but not in their dorm, where it was safe from the business world-
Now they weren't so sure.
 
Even if it wasn't just from the business world, EXO was consisted of runaways and rebels who started a new life, loving what they do everyday.
Xiumin was saved from the dark side, Lay was abused, Chanyeol ran away from his orphanage, Baekhyun managed to save his suffering family by auditioning, Suho's paychecks still go to his hospitalized brother, Sehun was traumatized until his therapist recommended singing, Chen had run away from a powerful gang.
 
Being an EXO member seperated all the bad and gave them new lives.
Gave them new innocence.
 
Now Kai was being haunted with his old life, a red warning sign that startled all the members.
 
"No wedding, just legal confirmation of our marriage. The usual huh?" 
Kai now bitterly spoke into the phone, grabbing on to his hair.
 
"You've made the right decision son." 
His Father proudly spoke, then the line went dead.
 
"Jongin.. Is there something you'd like to share...?"
Luhan's timid voice ordered the younger, his doe-eyes widened in, possibly, fear.
 
"It's nothing to worry about Hyung." 
Kai forced a smile to pacify the easily anxious Luhan, yet his own guts quivered with the thought that Minhee might be his again-
 
And that's what scared him.
 
If he came to realize that he is the legal spouse of Jung Minhee, he won't be able to stop himself from going back to the old ways-
From hurting her emotionally, physically-
It's a miracle he hadn't her or forced anything on her.
Just verbal insults and slaps across the face.
 
How is he ever going to forgive himself?
No-
How is Minhee going to look at him for ignoring her opinions on this marriage? How will he ever face her again?
 
As the groom-to-be drenched himself in chastising thoughts, the legal documents were being printed and automatically filled by heartless computers-
Just doing their job, that' all.
 
The mere idea makes it seem like the  whole entire society is a high-tech computer nowdays.
 
Processing actions without a single heart-felt thought.
 
>>~<<~>>~<<~>>~<<~>>~<<~
 
 
"We can stop all this if we have all the right evidences." 
Jihye sighed once they reached the hotel, and they were all filed in Yongguk and Himchan's suite.
Leader line gets the biggest room, and that was final.
 
Youngjae remained silent, his expression grim.
 
"Wouldn't you guys be the main witnesses and evidences? Like, DNA tests." 
Jongup spoke, his head swimming at the thought that he can partly play the role in saving his helpless friend.
 
"You see... Minhee's our step-sister. We share the mother, but not the father." 
Jihye bit her lip, just hating the fact that her little sister has roots to other families.
 
"You're saying that her Father is..."
Daehyun gasped, realizing the impossibility of their little mission.
 
"Mr.Jung. CEO of Jung Industries."
Youngjae confirmed, his fists clenching.
The wealthy man's powers were the exact reason why Youngjae couldn't get his Mother out of the unfair hell hole.
 
"Okay, so what happened between your family? You two seem to be very protective of Mi- Jinhee, but the  she's the blood-daughter of your sworn enemy?" 
Himchan's dark brows furrowed, his ink orbs observing every single one of Jihye's fidgety, nervous actions.
He was reading her-
Is this the truth? Is this a prank? Was  the fate of one of Korea's wealthiest Industry somehow in their hands?
 
"That's the part I don't know. I always believed that witch decided to take 'Minhee' as revenge to both Mom and D..Dad." 
Jihye stuttered. She always kept herself from accidentally calling Mr.Jung as Dad for so long, it just seemed surreal to call him with the real endearment.
Although Mr.Jung wasn't her nor Youngjae's real Father, he was more of a Father to them than their birth father.
 
"Revenge?"
Zelo questioned, confused about, who is now, Jinhee's past.
 
"My Mother was about to be wed to Dad, but the Jung family banned such a disgrace- the Yoo family had humbly served the Jungs ever since the record books. In a sense, Mom was a threat to the purebred heir line."
Jihye rubbed her neck nervously, the truth spilling out before her dear brother's understanding.
She saw no point of hiding the fact to the bitter boy.
 
"And soon after, Mr.Jung and the favored Mrs.Jung went under an arranged marriage, leaving Mom under the hands of Mrs.Jung. So much for throwing her in jail, huh?" Youngjae coldly scoffed, his eyes scanning the darkened skyview out the window.
 
"Youngjae-yah.. You know she had no choice. She knew she wasn't suppose to be attracted to a Jung, especially when she already had kids." 
Jihye sighed heavily, referring to her and Youngjae's birth. 
When Youngjae was only a year old, Mother had fallen for the wealthy businessman, and he with her.
Mrs.Yoo was abandoned by her lover when Jihye was born, and had come back to her family to work in the Jung Mansion.
 
Mr.Jung's sympathy turned into care, and generosity grew into love.
Mr.Jung was past accepting the fact that she had a 2 year old daugther and close to giving birth to another by then, and everything seemed miraculously right until Society's cold judgements turned them out.
 
The B.A.P members watched with curiosity and realization as the conversations of the two siblings grew tense.
 
And Daehyun began to realize more behind the life of Yoo Jinhee.
 
The reason why she didn't know what society knew, the reason she acted like she didn't know her powers and responsibilities, the reason she was so open to him-
She was protected all this time.
 
It wasn't a protection provided to solely guard her innocence-
It was protection for the truth. A vile illusion created to blind her from the ugly fact that she was used as a contract. 
That she is her so-called Mother's prize-winning gambit.
 
"So she sells her own daughter back to her fiancé, completing the maneuver she had lived for."
Daehyun couldn't believe the gruesome malice held beneathe the perfected curtain of media image.
 
"And I'm scared that.. that Jinhee's not even her daughter at all." 
Jihye almost whispered.
 
By now, everyone's eyes came back to Jihye.
 
"Wait.. What?"
Yongguk replayed her almost inaudible sentence.
 
"Look."
Jihye took out a hidden picture that was tucked away in the box, the one that was found beneathe the velvet coverings inside.
 
It was a picture of Jihye and Youngjae's Mother holding baby Jinhee as Mr.Jung's eyes were brimmed proudly with tears, and 6-year old Jihye was holding a 3 year old Youngjae, their faces decorated with a goofy smile.
 
The date of the photograph was written on the back - 
October 25th, 1996
 
Yoo Jinhee's Date of Birth.
 
But below the date, there was a written note.
 
"Jung Jinhee with her new siblings Jung Jihye and Jung Youngjae. Finally they meet their Appa."
 
Youngjae's eyes hovered over the image.
 
"Appa? Does it mean you guys are Jungs too?" 
Zelo asked, looking back and forth.
 
"I think it means that they found someone to take care of them, someone like an Appa rather than a real blood Appa, Joonhong."
Jongup explained, earning a distracted nod from Jihye.
 
"Yeah.. I remeber calling him Appa when I was younger, and you did too, Youngjae-yah." 
Jihye smiled sadly.
"Too bad he wasn't our real Father though." 
She added, silence consuming over their hectic minds.
 
"So Jinhee is your half-sister, and she thinks that Mrs.Jung is her real Mother."
Himchan concluded, bringing the wandering thoughts back to the main point.
 
"And she's about to get married, probably as we speak." 
Jihye tugged on her sleeves.
Huffing out her breath, she opened to speak.
 
"Got a plan?"
 
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
 
She didn't feel like a bride.
 
If anything, she felt like a Corpse Bride.
 
Hollow insides being prepared to face hell-
Again.
 
 
"You look absolutely gorgeous, Miss Jung." 
Her hair dresser doted on her souless features, brushing a streak of flawless glitter here and there.
 
After the news of Kai's acceptance, the families decided to stitch up a makeshift wedding for the couple-to-be.
They has violated both Kai and Minhee's protests of a wedding, listening to nothing as they began to plan on the companies' collaboration projects on new investments.
 
Minhee couldn't even cry.
 
Technically, it wasn't even a wedding- 
Her Mother wanted her to dress up when she went to the Family Relations center to announce her loyalty to her old/new husband with a of an ink pen on a white form paper.
 
She was suffocated in her mini wedding dress, the lace burning every fiber of her skin, mocking her.
It was she out of all other money-blinded people that could see the truth, it was Jung Minhee that could see past society's expections and enjoy the fact that she has a unique voice to be spoken for her own rights and defenses.
 
But she knew this matter was out of her hands.
Sacrifice a her marriage status for the better of the country.
Compared to the millions she was responsible for, her marriage didn't seem unreasonable.
 
And like a doll she always was expected to be, she decided to live up to her duties for once.
 
*I had my adventure. It's about time I've paid the ticket fee* 
Minhee closed her eyes, thinking past her life.
A stray tear fell down, and a name was etched so painfully in the center of her heart.
 
*Jung Daehyun*
 
He was her adventure, her savior, and best friend.
She knew that one day, she'd have to pay for what she didn't deserve in the first place.
She knew he was too good to be true in her life.
She had known all along that she can never be his. 
 
*What was I thinking? Stupid girl.*
Minhee slightly laughed, yet it came out as a sob.
 
"Don't cry Miss Jung- the makeup is blurring!" 
The make-up artist whined, opening out her kit again.
 
"I'm sorry.. I'm sorry.."
Minhee mumbled, apologizing for her own emotions.
 
*Can I not feel?* 
Minhee's subconscious voice stabbed her like a thorn.
 
*No*
She answered.
*I can't feel. The ride is now over.*
She chastised herself.
 
Her tears were now dried up by some cotton rounds, and the make-up artist started to draw Minhee's mask up again, hiding all her true feelings deep beneathe her skin.
 
"Get her in the limo. Put two guards on her. I'll drive my own Bentz there. Make sure she doesn't run. Got it?"
Her Mother's commands rang through the silent house.
 
Minhee felt like her last ray of hope was diminishing right below her hands.
*Where are you, Appa?*
She silently asked, wondering if her loving Dad would ever let such horror happen.
Because Minhee knew that her Dad had not agreed to the former engagement with Kai, yet her Mother's persuasion was stronger.
But maybe it's the same thing this time too. 
Money over matter.
Money over pride.
Money over love.
 
Because in their minds, Money IS matter, pride, and love.
 
"It's time to depart, Miss Minhee"
One of the guards came in, and escorted me out the room.
 
Minhee half-mindedly flopped into the limo like a dead doll, and held in the tears the whole way there.
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
Kai grabbed Chanyeol's padded jacket on the way out, his legs pulled into someone's sweatpants-
Probably Kris hyung's, since the end of the leg extended over his sneakers.
He had hurried to the Family Relations center to announce his marriage, for he wanted to spend the shortest time on getting married.
 
He wanted to spend the shortest time with Minhee.
 
Yet when he walked near the front enterance, a familiar limo pulled up, and Kai felt like he couldn't breathe.
 
Out walked Minhee with her arms delicately hooked on to his Father's.
 
Kai traced every lace and line of her figure, trying to understand that he was being married to such a beauty.
Even with his face half-covered, he gaped visibly at her beauty.
 
"Hello Son." 
His Father spoke with a hint of disappointment-
Chanyeol's padded jacker weren't the most expensive, nor were they appropriate at all.
 
Minhee fearfully glanced at Kai now and then-
What made him give her some decent freedom?
He gave up his marriage status as well, in return for seperation between   Minhee and himself.
What changed him?
 
"I thought we agreed no weddings, Father." 
Kai mechanically spoke, his eyes not leaving his scared bride-to-be.
 
"The whole area is evacuated excepted hired professionals. This won't get out anywhere, Son. There's no need to worry but be nervous to take Miss Jung back into your loving care and to recite your vow."
His Father replied with a satisfied smile, patting Minhee's hand.
 
"It's our wedding then. Mind leaving us alone? I'll take care of it from here." 
Kai spoke with a calm, even tone, taking Minhee's other arm and tugging her towards the enterance.
He silently apologized as he tugged hard at her arm, breaking the hold his Father had on her.
 
"You keep your promise, Son. Make me proud." 
His Father warned as Kai nudged Minhee to the building enterance, not caring a single bit of what the business man said.
 
Once they were inside the building, he gave a smile to the hired witnesses for a moment of privacy.
Assuming it as a pre-wedding nerve cooldown, the employees patiently waited in hushed giggles and squeals of the century's perfect couple.
 
Kai suddenly yanked Minhee by her already stinging arm, making her whimper as she hit a cold wall behind her lace-.
 
"What do you think you're doing?!"
Kai hissed, snapping his fiery gaze into her terrified orbs.
 
"You think I had a choice?"
Minhee barked back, rubbing her throbbing arm.
 
Kai slammed a hand on the wall beside her head, his breath of frustration blowing on Minhee's quivering skin.
 
"Minhee, stop shaking, I won't hurt you." 
Kai grumbled without looking at her.
 
No matter how hard he tried to fix things, the fear in her eyes never dared to slip away.
 
"I can never be so sure." 
Minhee glanced away, unable to stand any more of his offending ways.
 
To prove that he changed, he had to persuade not only Minhee, but himself that he doesn't want this marriage.
"I gotta get you out of here." 
Kai took a step back, minding the distance.
 
Minhee stood there, speechless.
This was very unexpected.
 
"Jongin. This isn't about marriage anymore. It's about the entirety of this country's economy, and our petty fights don't even have a say in that. Do you think I'd gladly throw myself to you just because I felt like it? Jongin, you know me better than that. I'm here for not our lives, but everybody else's." 
She spoke, unable to meet his fiery eyes.
 
"WHEN HAVE YOU EVER LIVED FOR YOURSELF?!" 
He yelled, now frustrated with Minhee acting like a floppy doll that does what she's told to do, not a speck of self-freedom to be found.
 
 
Minhee's eyes met Kai's for a split second, and Kai could clearly see the fear and wavering consciousness in them.
For a girl to have such a title as South Korea's Heiress, her strength was deteriorating at a rather remarkable pace. 
She was enduring as much as possible, but even a strong one like her couldn't contain the responsibility to be hidden beneathe her own curtains.
 
"Minhee. I don't care about a medal to reward me for being some kind of bridge among the superpower businesses to enhance the economical status. After all the harm I've done to you, this is the least I can do for you. You can't marry me, I can't marry you. I'm letting you run away this time. No hair yanking, no slap across the face, and no more of the pain I inflicted on you all the time." 
Kai sighed, watching Minhee's frozen state melt into the one of gratitude.
 
"Minhee!!" 
 
A voice suddenly called out, and the couple turned to see 7 figures bust in from the door.
 
The first one that reached Minhee's eyes was Jung Daehyun, his voice shaking,eyes frantic, and actions erratic.
 
"D..Daehyun opp..pa." 
Minhee mumbled, unable to control the relief that washed over her fears.
 
The tear she held in front of Kai dripped down, and she was engulfed in Daehyun's warm embrace.
 
"You Babo. Why would you get married without telling me." 
He panted harshly, clawing almost possesively into Minhee's hair, yet in a way to comfort her.
 
Minhee couldn't reply back- 
She was engaged after they seperated, and even then she hadn't told him. 
 
When Minhee looked up, she saw Jihye and the rest of B.A.P.
Their eyes were grimly set upon Kai, and Minhee looked at Jihye's thin figure.
 
"Jihye Unnie.." 
She mumbled, and Daehyun let her go to her half-sister, which Minhee was still oblivious of.
 
"I'm here.. Unnie's here.. I'm so sorry I didn't come earlier.. I didn't know-" 
Jihye mumbled a stream of apologies while Kai bitterly stood there with his hands in his pockets, watching the people that cared about Minhee protect her.
 
"Yah." 
Daehyun spoke to Kai, and he looked up.
 
"I knew I didn't like you when I saw you at Inkigayo." 
Daehyun sneered at Kai, yet Kai just shrugged.
 
"Surprised you don't hate me. You must be the guy Minhee likes." 
Kai simply said, blinking nonchalantly.
 
"I don't know about her liking me, but I knew her longer than you, and can't believe I'm saying this.. But thanks." 
Daehyun spoke through clenched teeth.
 
Kai's eyes widened- 
"For what? Abusing her?" 
 
"No. Definitely not that you psycho. I meant controlling yourself to let her go. Ever since you implanted that bitterness in her, she's become stronger. Before she saw you again, she'd do everything anybody told her to. She couldn't properly act by herself until someone reminded her. Now that she's met you again, nobody has to remind her. She's changed."
Daehyun was looking at Minhee as she was being greeted by his band members, his eyes never leaving her as he spoke to Kai.
 
"But lay a hand on her again, and I won't be so nice." 
Daehyun roughly brushed past Kai, and Kai let out a breath through his smirk.
 
No wonder Minhee liked that guy.
...He's got a different light about him.
 
Minhee was about to be ushered out the door when she turned her head around to see Kai.
 
*Go*
He mouthed, and Minhee gave him a small smile.
 
Maybe he has changed too.
The one thing both Kai and Minhee could count on to keep him sane was dancing, and it hasn't failed either of them.
 
Jihye led the way through the back door, where the security guard who was bribed with B.A.P's signatures for his niece sneaked them out.
 
"Thank you ahjusshi!" 
Jihye thanked the guard, and the familiar van was waiting for Minhee and the "kidnappers".
 
"Glad you're still single, Miss Jung." 
Manager Kang chuckled, earning a shove from Yongguk and two awkward coughs from the Yoo siblings.
 
Jihye eyed the rest of the group, earning silent approvals for her to reveal Minhee's identity as Yoo Jinhee.
 
What can possibly be a better timing than right after they rescued her from a wedding? 
 
"Minhee-yah.." 
Youngjae started out, patience running out.
He wanted her to know he was her older brother, and she was his little sister as soon as possible.
 
"How'd you guys find out?" 
Minhee cut them off, startling all of them.
 
"Flew in from Japan as Jihye practically chased us to tell us of Mrs.Jung's schemes." 
Yongguk calmly explained.
 
Minhee suddenly seemed very interested at the cup holders as she fidgeted with the velvet of her seat.
She didn't even flinch when Yongguk said "schemes".
 
"I thought you guys were busy- I didn't think I'd see you all again." 
Minhee smiled, nervously glancing at the members once in a while.
 
"Minh-"
Daehyun tried, only to be cut off by Minhee again.
 
Youngjae's patience ran out.
"Yah." 
He blatantly spoke up.
"Yoo Jinhee." 
 
Minhee, or rather, Jinhee didn't respond except by biting her lip silently.
 
"You know don't you?" 
Youngjae smirked.
 
Of course.
 
After all, she had recieved the box first.
 
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
 
 
CLIFFHANGEERR~~~
 
But don't worry
it's a double update so next one should be up before midnight >,<
 
DAEHYUN FEELS ON CHRISTMAS EVE X_X