Tickets

Family? You & Me

 

A month into '1004', promotions, B.A.P was already gearing up for a concert held in Seoul, the date precisely on March 8th through 9th.

"What should we do after all this?"
Jongup blankly asked the question as he sipped on the water bottle.

"What do you mean?"
Himchan asked, dropping down next to Yongguk and Zelo as they all caught their breath.

"After promotions, after concerts, after an idol contract life."
Jongup continued, his blank look of a face containing a deep meaning behind it.

Yongguk was the first to answer.
".. then we'd go into a musician's life as artists rather than idol celebrities."

"Wouldn't you be going back to it rather than going into it?"
Himchan chuckled, nudging his leader friend as he referenced Yongguk's hip-hop lifestyle before the contract.

"Maybe. But with you, together, it'd be different. We'd still make our music."
Yongguk grinned, his familiar gums surfacing.

"I'll go looking for Jinhee."
Daehyun grinned, his sincere words bringing grins to his band members' faces.

"Maybe I'll tag along to the U.S with you, Hyung."
Zelo enthusiastically added, his face glowing at the thought of L.A's beautiful sun-lit beaches.

"Hey- that's my family you're going to visit. Might as well be nice to Jung Jinhee's half-oppa while we're here."
Youngjae remarked, a smirk appearing from the edge of the towel that covered his face.

"I'll go with you. Miss that place."
Himchan smiled, his thoughts reeling back to when Jihye started to open up towards him after the whole incident, thanks to Yongguk and Youngjae.

"I guess B.A.P moves with the flow. Jepp Blackman's debut in L.A. How about it? You comin' too Jongup?"
Yongguk chuckled, nudging the dongsaeng.

"I wanna keep dancing. Might as well continue with you hyungs and Joonhong."
Jongup grinned, his pure smile tightening their bond as a group.

"Shouldn't we be doing our chant or something? Man- this is from like a movie scene."
Youngjae's baby cheeks pushed themselves up in a goofy smile.

"Aight. Bring it in."
Yongguk laughed, and they brought their hands in.

"We're!"
Yongguk chanted.

"B! A! P! YESSIR!"
They finished, jumping up one by one to continue their practice.

>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<

"Did it come in?! Is it in?!"
Jinhee impatiently nudged Melissa as she checked the bakery mailbox, which Jinhee used as her current residing P.O box address.

"Hold on Jinhee-yah! Calm down!"
Melissa tried to block Jinhee's sight as she checked the filled mailbox, rummaging through some mails to see if the content was there.

Yes.
A thick letter.

A thick letter meant a letter of approval.

But was is from MSU though? 
Maybe Wayne State?

Both of the girls had their fingers crossed for MSU.

Melissa slowly held the thick letter in her hands, covering the school logo.

"Jinhee-ssi."
Melissa spoke in her calm Korean.
"You're accepted to...."
She cleared , as if she was reluctant to answer.

"YOU'RE GOING TO MSU!!!"
Melissa yelled.

The two girls literally exploded.

"Girls! It's like a Hawaiian volcanic eruption here! What happened?"
Uncle Ji came rushing out, concerned by the inhumane noise fracas.

"I'M GOING TO MSU!"
Jinhee screamed, and Uncle Ji's worried face melted into a proud grin.

"Of course you'll go to MSU. Where else?"
He heartily chuckled, and dusted his floury hands on his apron.

"We need to party. Come on Jinhee-yah. You're gonna be a spring freshie!"
He continued, motioning the two girls to come inside.

Today's lunch rush had come and gone, and until dinnertime, the bakery was going to be free-floating.

"What kind of party, sajangnim?"
Melissa mischievously grinned.

"A special, MSU party."
Uncle Ji mysteriously grinned back.

"Yo Luke! Bring the presentation!"
Melissa called out to her twin, Uncle's grin reflecting on her face.

"We officially welcome the freshie Spartan!"
{ FACT - MSU's mascot is the Spartan. Doing a lot of research lol } 

Luke brought in one of his self-created cakes, a cream icing chocolate cake, and the decorative green and white icing drew the symbol of Michigan State University.
One candle was lit brightly in the center, waiting for it to be blown off with hopes and cheers.

"How ..did you know?"
Jinhee was too surprised to say anything. 

"Luke was praciting his cake skills and we decided to make you one just in case."
Melissa winked, proudly presenting the cake.
"The symbol's done by me, of course."
She added, eyeing her Boss, Uncle Ji in a playful manner.

"Gomaweo.. I'm so thankful.."
Jinhee stuttered, not knowing what to say. 

The cake, the smiles-

The scene reminded her of when B.A.P members welcomed her with open arms.
Like a family.

Jinhee didn't know what she did to deserve such kindness, and her worries about adapting to the foreign place suddenly melted away.

*Daehyun Oppa, don't worry about me. I found the people I've been looking for all my life. I found a future for myself, I have my loving Uncle, my true sister, and two friends who opened up to me more than I could ever ask for them to.*
Jinhee silently spoke to Daehyun in her mind, and the vivid image of a smile gracing his lips painted itself into her vision.

Jinhee could see her mother's proud smile.
*Jalhaetseo* (Good job) Jinhee-yah. I've always been proud of you, and don't ever forget that.*
She spoke, and Jinhee felt her eyes well up in tears of happiness.

After the bitter lies, the coarse trickery, the overwhelming harshess of her façade, she landed into the soft arms of her truly loved ones.

"Make a wish! Bballi!* (Palli- Quick!)"
Melissa urged impatiently.

Jinhee came back to her conscious senses, and blew the candle with one wish.
*Daehyun Oppa, Umma, I'll go home as soon as everything's over. Please let it be soon.*

The playful flame was whisked away into swirls of gray smoke, floating away and carrying Jung Jinhee's hopeful wish.

"Yay! Cake time!"
Melissa cheered, and Luke carefully cut out the delicious cake.

They each took their forkfuls and savored Luke's delicious creation.

"Usually you'd be hesitant with the butter. This one's just the perfect amount."
Uncle Ji complimented, and Luke shyly bowed in gratitude.

At that moment, Jihye and Sora unnie came back from Jihye Unnie's temporary job interviews, and what once was the crisp white button downs were now flimsy cotton clinging on to their skin.

"So glad that's done- what's this?"
Sora Unnie tiredly rolled her eyes to the scene, then she saw the main character of the party.

Mr. Cake.

"You guys. Are eating. Cake. Without me." 
The sentence was chopped up into emphasized sections, making even my uncle flinch after every period.

"Well- my niece got into MCU so we thought she deserved a party.."
Uncle Ji blinked, hesitantly offering words of submission to pacify the bothered woman.

Without a word, Sora unnie calmly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, descending ever so delicately into a seat. She then expectantly held out an elegant palm, waiting patiently.

Melissa quickly placed a slice-filled plate on Sora unnie's palm, and everyone held their breath as she took the first forkful.

"This cake is..."
Sora's expression was squeezed in confusion.
"Amazing."
She finished, raking another collection of the delicacy into her utensil.

"Thanks."
Luke playfully coughed, and Sora gave him a distracted thumbs up in approval.

"And now it's official. I'm promoting Lukey into not just cashier pastry chef, but a cake chef as well."
Uncle Ji concluded-

When the overly-sensitive, snappy Sora complimented a piece of pastry, it should deserve a Novel Prize.

___ Your POV ___

*Naega Sahlah ganeun eeyouneun nuhyah~*
The chorus of '1004' bursted into the bakery, and Jinhee immediately excused herself.

The clock was seeping well into the end of Detroit's afternoon hours, and every call that wasn't from Jihye startled Jinhee.

But the worries melted away as soon as she saw the name.
'Daehyun'

"Sorry guys. Gotta take this."
Jinhee smiled to herself and walked out, leaning against the brick structure of the back wall.

"Ye..yeobosaeyo?"
Jinhee answered softly, anticipating the voice to echo back to her.

"J-Jinhee-yah?"
Daehyun's tired night voice came back to her, and Jinhee could only bite back a smile.

"Why did you wake up so early, Babo? Do you have a schedule?"
Jinhee asked-
Of course he'd be having schdules.
She only wanted to hear his voice.
To hug his existance in her heart.

"MuBank in couple of hours. Photoshoot after that.. I think..."
Daehyun rambled on slowly, as if falling back asleep.
"I had a dream about you."
Jinhee could hear his clumsy grin.

"What did I do in your dream? I hope I slapped you."
Jinhee asked playfully, the persistent smile never even dimming down a notch on her lips.

"You.. You were calling my name."
Daehyun answered.
"I answered, but you kept smiling even though you didn't hear me."

Jinhee could envisage his dream.
"Well, I can hear you."
She replied.
"Daehyun oppaa~ oppaaa~"
She played along as she called out his name, hearing his sleepy chuckle.

"Yeah...I hear ...you Jinhee-yah.."
Daehyun's consciousness was fading away like silent inference on the connection line.
"I.. love you so much.."
Sleep slowly lured him to sleep.
"I'll see you....in...my dreams again. At least we'll be clo..ser theree."
He mumbled, and Jinhee knew her boyfriend was completely knocked into slumber.

"I love you too, babo. I miss you so much."
Jinhee spoke into the phone.
"Don't work too hard."
She continued, and hung up.

Jihye stepped out, leaning beside Jinhee.
"Daehyun, huh?"
She teased.

"Yeah. He woke up from a nightmare."
Jinhee grinned.

"What was it?"
Jihye unnie asked, curious.

"A dream of me."
Jinhee laughed sadly, unable to bring myself to be a bit stronger.

"How is that a nightmare?"
Jihw questioned.

"He called back to me, but I didn't see or hear him."
Jinhee answered, flipping her hair lightly to its proper side.
"I... I feel like he's trying to hold me in his cupped hand, but I'm slipping down the space between his fingers."
She sniffled, the smiling image of Daehyun becoming more faint with each breath she took.

"Come here."
Jihye sighed, holding her little sister in her arms.
"It's Daehyun. What can possibly be wrong?"
She laughed, hoping to cheer Jinhee up.

____ a month later _____

By choice, Jinhee decided to stay in a dorm for the lost sense of independence she wanted to regain.

Luke helped with the paperworks and class adjustments, and Melissa helped her be distracted from focusing on the fear or uneasinessof the sudden change.

Jinhee took fairly rigorous academic classes in early mornings to fix herself back into shape.
With whines and pouts, Melissa took morning classes with her too.
At the end of the day, Jinhee separated from Melissa to go into her musical classes.
She took music theory and music history classes-
Just to see if she could help the B.A.P dorks a little.
Maybe it just helped her remember them.

The lotus ring twinkled in reminder of  how things were going to get better, and she'll see Daehyun soon. 

His smiles, his voice, his loving ways of running his thumb under her eye-

She missed them the most.

She also had to admit that she missed her father.
Her poor, innocent father who doesn't have a single clue to what happened.
Her poor father who had to be blinded from his true love by money and business- 
All of which he worked for to piece his life together, not break it apart.

He only knows that his wife sent Minhee and Jihye to a boarding school of business overseas, and that contacting his busy daughter will only hinder her in midst of all her professional studies.

It's near sunrise now, and Jinhee was preparing to go to her morning literature lesson.
She slung her canvas tote bag over her shoulders and headed out into the fairly warmer April weather.

"Yah!"

Jinhee heard her female classmates whisper as she walked in the lecture room.

"Omo! You heard too? You're going, right? We need to grab those seats as quick as possible!"
"How about we buy all the tickets at the same time and split the money? That'll guarantee a better chance of us being near one another."

"Hey what are you guys talking about?"
Jinhee joined in, dropping her things as her curiosity perked up.

"Jinhee-yah! Did you know B.A.P's coming back to three cities in the U.S?"
One of her Korean classmates, and avid K-pop fanatic, replied.

Jinhee could swear she felt her heart skip a beat and time slowed.

B.A.P.

Yongguk.
Himchan.
Youngjae.
Jongup.
Joonhongie-

They were all coming. 

Most importantly- 

Daehyun was coming to her.

"Jinhee? Hey Jinhee? Are you okay?"
Another classmate was now shaking her shoulders, a worried yet hopefully playful grin on her face.

"W-when are they coming?"
Jinhee asked with the least amount of happiness she was feeling inside.
It ran across her like colorful fireworks, exploding inside her heart.

"April 13th to New York, 16th to Dallas, 19th to Chicago, and 22nd to Los Angeles."
Another friend answered, reading off of the B.A.P L.O.E facebook notification.

New York is the earliest.
Chicago is the closest.
L.A was where her brother, who is now her true stepbrother is.
and she'd go further than Dallas, Texas to see Daehyun.

"I hope the tickets aren't sold out! Especially Chicago since it's on a Saturday."
A classmate pouted, and with those words, Jinhee bolted to the restroom nearby. 

Her classmates were left in awe as the lecture room started to be seated along with last-minute students, and the professor didn't hesistate to start the lesson of the morning for the busily scheduled early bird students.

Jinhee was catching her breath as she reserved the luckily vacant two seats by the stage and two backstage passes for New York.

Her transaction was complete, and she used the student printers to print out the confirmation sheets.

She immediately dialed Jihye.

"Unnie. I got two tickets to see B.A.P in New York."
Jinhee blurted.
 I don't care, Unnie. I want to see him. I want to see Daehyun."
She clarified, as if she was a whining girl defending her selfish actions.
Jinhee was gasping in desprerate rush of thoughts, Daehyun's face flashing before her eyes.
"I don't care. I need to go see Daehyun."
She repeated, her quickened breaths now slowing down.

On the other line, Jihye paused in surprise and sympathy. 

"We'll go Jinhee-yah, don't worry. You'll see Daehyun and that's all there is to it."
She assured, suppressing the doubts and risks that came with the rash decision.

"Go back to your classes. We have work to do."
Jihye forced a smile, briefly glancing down at the identity information her inside affiliated have gathered for her.
Mrs.Jung was breaking down their hastily built security walls layer by layer, eliminating the sisters' family members and close relations.

The location of Uncle Ji was on the list, and it wasn't far until she could track them down.

Four years was all Jihye could beg to hold on to- 
At least for Jinhee. 
She didn't deserve any of this misfortune.

Now that their true identities were soon to be found, their deadline was cutting short.
Too short.

With a heavy heart, Jihye tried once more, risking the fact that Mrs.Jung could track every single phone call Mr.Jung gets, and record its contents.

She tapped on Mr.Jung's contact number, and the phone dialed endlessly. 

*come on. Please.*
Jihye silently begged.

As if it was a miracle, the line was granted a connection.

"Jihye?"
Mr.Jung's familiar voice seeped through the reciever.

"Appa- I need you to listen carefully."
Jihye used the treasured endearment- 
She treasured it so much, that it was like an uttering of a forbidden word. 
But the situation was urgent.

She had to tell him the truth about where and why Jinhee and she was hiding.
Jihye could feel Mr.Jung's tension as she called him such a title, for he hadn't heard it in such a long time.

By the end of Jihye's last exaplanation, Mr.Jung was informed of every detail.
The girls were on the run, and he was oblivious of such a critical fact.

But there's a reason he was married to who is now entitled, Mrs.Jung. 
There was a reason why he couldn't keep his two beautiful daughters and loving son. 

And knowing what had truly happened only made him fall deeper into the pit of guilt and despair.

"Jihye-yah... You know I cannot do what you ask of me to."
He sighed, his breath shaky. 
Tears were forming on his hardened face, and the image of his true love behind unforgiving bars brought out a breathy sob from the crumbling man.

"I know, Appa. I know. All I ask for is Jinhee's safety. She's your true daughter. You have the power and reason to save her at least."
Jihye held back her faltering expression, knowing well that Mr.Jung's powers over personal matters were too limited.
His reputation, the money, the promises-
They were the only foundation he had to build this corrupted family upon.
It was what kept them all alive, including Mrs.Jung.

"No, Jihye-yah. You are my daughter too, and Youngjae is my true son. I won't hear it any other way."
He breathed out, his hand firmly holding in such sad, raw bursts of emotion erupting from his chest and through is audible throat.

"I'm not important here, and Youngjae's safe. Please save Jinhee."
Jihye sadly smiled at his statement, for as much as she would have loved a family, living with Mr.Jung as her true father as they would sit around the dinner table, it could, and would never happen. 

The family was shattered into too many pieces already, and Jihye had a real Father to attend to.
Tears streamed down both ends of the call, and Jihye couldn't bear with the emotional pressure right now.
Not when she had to stay strong.

"Save Jinhee at all cost. That's what I ask for you as your daughter."
Jihye cried out one last time, and ended the call.

Jihye looked at the packed suitcase by the bed. 

By making this call, she knew she would have to escape again.

Jihye was wondering where she could go to, but it seemed like Jinhee made the job so much easier for her.

"What will I do in New York...?"

Jihye questioned, sadness imbued in her tone. 

But why be sad? Moving on and adapting to strange places was what she was so used to.

* It's where I belong *
Jihye thought.

 

 

 

 

» Author's Note «

 

You guies are the best subscribers ever. <3 

i deserve to be sentenced to death +_+

 

So many things were coming up, and teachers just decided to give us like, five projects all at one like WHAT DUH HELL PEOPLE @m@ 

 

and then of course my friends would ask me, the Asian, for last minute help. 

I felt like fainting in exhaustion.

 

But I managed to finish chapters for both of my fics with interest and steady(?) story plot ^u^ 

 

DAE'S COMING TO THIS COUNTRY AND I CAN'T EVEN O LIKE OMFG

 

At leadt Jinhee and Jihye will have fun :/

EEHEHEHEHEHE

 

I want to make their short reunion really dramatic. 

I want to make you all CRY!! 

Jk.

whewww movin on to the next chapters in progress !! ^^ 

 

I love every single one of you all scrolling down right now, thinking I'm a lazyass crazy weirdo. 

*whispers* I love youhhhh