Jjajang and Jjamppong

Family? You & Me
 
 
Jinhee was well into dicing up the vegetables and boiling the noodles when that familiar scent hit her.
 
"Stay out of the kitchen, Daefatty." 
She chuckled as Daehyun s an arm around her waist, half trying to grab a piece of the cooked seafood to snack on, half just trying to hold her.
 
Jinhee just diced away, thinking he'll pull that arm out if she let him eat something.
 
But she stopped tapping the knife into the vegetables when the warmth stayed there.
 
"Daehyun Op.."
She gasped when Daehyun leaned his head in the crook of her neck, his breath taking in her scent.
 
"You smell nice."
He casually spoke, the vibrations in his voice sending ripples throughout Jinhee's body.
 
"I'm wearing your clothes, idiot."
Jinhee tried to lighten the mood, trying to focus on cooking the enormous amounts of food for eight hungry people.
 
"No, it's not my scent- it's your sweet one." 
He grinned as he tilted his head up, resting his chin on her shoulder, his lips barely touching the tip of her ear.
He brought his hand up her arm and held her shoulder gently, then wrapped them around her waist to a genuine hug.
 
Jinhee didn't know why, but she couldn't help the ticklish waves travelling down to her heart and some other weird regions of her body.
"Are you okay, Oppa?"
Jinhee gulped, turning her head sideways to see his face.
 
"If you keep calling me Oppa I won't be."
He replied, his voice intertwined with a thick growl-like tone.
 
There he goes again, charming her from her head to her toes.
Jinhee knew she shouldn't be falling harder for him, especially when she was deep in trouble for already falling for him.
"Daehyun oppa.."
She started, turning around, only to have Daehyun's hands locked on both sides  of her, trapping her to the kitchen counter.
 
She couldn't look at his eyes-
Those beautifully twinkling eyes that she had already fallen for since Day One.
His eyes had the mesmerizing power of forbidding all lies from escaping her guilty lips.
 
"I..I think you should stop this.."
Jinhee spoke with such a tiny voice, you might as well as think that it was a mosquito buzzing by.
 
"Stop what?"
Daehyun's grin never left, but the glint in his eyes dimmed a bit.
 
"All this-"
Jinhee gestured to their more-than-friends position right now.
"The kissing, the hugging, the hand holding."
She blurted, knowing if she didn't force herself to say these words, she will hate herself afterwards.
 
"Why?"
Daehyun's reply was short, and in a form of the question Jinhee dreaded.
 
"Because we're not in that kind of a relationship. You're just my childhood sunbae, and I'm your childhood hoobae."
Jinhee reasoned-
Even she didn't sound very convincing to herself.
 
"And?"
 
Here he goes with another short question reply.
 
"And we shouldn't be doing these acts of.. affections..."
Jinhee sighed as Daehyun coldly dropped his hands from her sides.
 
*No. I'm just scared I'll fall for you and I won't be able to get up when you leave me, after I leave you, to escape to the States*
Jinhee wanted to say, but kept her lips tightly pressed.
 
"Then what are we right now? Still sunbae and hoobae? Still friends?"
Daehyun was officially pissed-
Why can't this girl just accept the fact that he likes her, and she likes him too? 
Or was she just too blind to know it?
 
"We're just.. Frie-"
 
"No, don't give me that friend ."
Daehyun cut Jinhee off, stepping closer to her.
 
She gasped at the brash move, trying to contain her wild hearbeats from being heard.
 
"Then why do you gasp like that when I come near? Why don't you stop me when I do this-?"
Daehyun came even closer as his hand cupped Jinhee's cheek, finding her lips with his as he gently melted them together like two perfect puzzle pieces.
 
He softly let go, still cupping her face as she slowly opened her eyes.
 
"See? You know you like it too. You know you have different feelings for me- better feelings. Why do you try so hard to deny them, Jinhee-yah?"
Daehyun's voice was much sadder now.
"Am I that hard to like?"
He almost pleaded, making Jinhee's heart constrict painfully.
 
"Oppa-"
Jinhee tried to speak, only to realize no sound was coming out.
 
"Then tell me-"
He leaned in again, his sad eyes looking through her soul.
 
"Tell me to stop."
He pressed their lips together again-
This time with pleading passion.
 
He reached his tongue out to swipe across Jinhee's bottom lip-
 
"Tell me you don't like this-"
He nipped at her lip, making her gasp as he easily slid his tongue into her sweet cavern.
 
"Jinhee-yah."
He panted, his breathing rough.
 
"I Love You."
Daehyun blurted, closing their lips fiercely.
 
Her eyes widened-
Three words.
She found herself unconciously tilting her head to let him gain better access-
He finally said the words she only dreamt that he'd say to her, and only her.
Her inexperienced tongue caught his rhythm, and the knowledge of right and wrong left her consciousness.
 
"Why won't you-"
Kiss.
"Tell me"
Kiss.
"To stop?"
Kiss.
 
Daehyun on her bottom lip, earning a short moan-like whimper from her.
He released her as they parted and panted for oxygen.
 
"Is it because I'm never enough for your expectations?"
Daehyun waited bitterly for his answer.
Because he wasn't good enough for her? 
Because people would look down on her? 
Because no matter how hard he tries, he'll only taint her reputation and become a burden? 
 
"Oppa.."
Jinhee didn't know why a tear fell down her cheeks.
"You're so..so stupid.."
She gasped for breath.
 
"I.. I Love You too."
 
She finallly spoke, smiling beneathe her tears.
 
Daehyun felt the world stop.
All his breath was stolen away by those three words.
"What?"
He thought he heard wrong-
Is he dreaming again? 
Dreaming his usual dream of dating Jinhee under better circumstances, where she might finally accept him?
 
"I've always loved you, you stupid Babo."
She sobbed, grabbing his numb shoulders and crying into them.
 
Reality crashed upon him like an awaiting tidal wave, and his stuttered actions caused him to blink hard and think as he brought his arms to wrap around the girl crying into his chest.
 
"God, Jinhee. Why did you take so long to tell me?"
He chuckled in relief, happiness, and other explosive emotions running the fireworks inside him.
 
"I've always indirectly showed you that I love you. You never told me anything."
He confessed, tucking a strand of her dark brown locks behind her delicate ears.
 
"I couldn't."
Jinhee shuddered, more tears rolling down.
"I can tell you everyday that I loved, love, and will love you forever, but as long as I'm running for my life and reputation, I'm scared I'll be more harm than good. I don't want you to get mad at me for the stupid things I might do. For me, everything has a heavy, expensive price. What I love about you is that you don't. I don't want to ruin that just because I fell for you."
Jinhee sobbed, looking up into Daehyun's dark chocolate eyes.
 
"The thing about loving someone Jinhee-yah, is that you're willing to take their burden into your own shoulders. And to me, you're the cutest burden I'm willing to bear any day."
Daehyun chuckled, lacing his fingers through her soft hair.
"And now I have one question for you."
Knowing her full side of the story, he knew he was ready to take this chance.
Daehyun coughed, and bent down on one knee.
 
"Will you go out with me?"
"나랑 사귈래?"
 
Jinhee's eyes widened for a bit, then she giggled like a six year old girl given flowers by her crush.
"Yes. I want to go out with you."
She replied, feeling her worries scatter away from the broken wall surrounding her heart.
 
"Ahh~ You're now officially mine."
Daehyun cheered like a kid, then kissed the back of Jinhee's hand like a true gentlemen.
 
"You sound like you had some experience before.."
Jinhee pouted, relating to the little speech Daehyun gave before he popped the question.
 
"I've been liking you for what, ten years and more. I'm a full grown adult. It would be weird if I didn't have any experience."
Daehyun nonchalantly answered, testing Jinhee's sensitivity limits.
 
"Yeah.. Weird."
Jinhee half heartedly smiled.
Being the inexperienced one, Jinhee refrained her hidden jealousy from being shown.
Because they were officially in a relationship together, Daehyun being with other girls kept poking at her slowly boiling temper.
 
"But Minnie Mouse- I always thought about you every time I was with someone."
He cutely smiled, bending down to meet Jinhee's eye-level.
 
"Staph it~"
Jinhee whined, lightly slapping Daehyun's shoulder.
 
"Hey Jinhee?"
Daehyun teasingly whispered, leaning down as if to kiss her.
 
"Wae*."
(Why)
She snapped back, only for it to come out as a whisper.
 
"The soup's over boiling."
Daehyun chuckled.
 
"Mwoh?! Ah jinjja!"
(What?! Seriously!)
Jinhee ran to the stove top, cutting off the heat.
"And here I thought Daefatty will never let food go to waste."
Jinhee tsk-ed, lifting the lids to check no harm was done, only to find perfectly cooked noodles,sauce, and soup.
 
"And I never do. It was about to get a little burnt though."
Daehyun shrugged, laughing as Jinhee threw him a scowl.
Daehyun only grabbed her by her waist and pecked her lips.
 
"Whatever the world has against us, even if food burns, I love you." 
Daehyun smiled into the kiss.
 
"I love you too, fatty." 
Jinhee giggled, believing in every single one of his sweet words.
 
"Ahem"
A cough broke their unannounced doings, and Jinhee's cheeks flushed red as she hurriedly unentangled her arms from Daehyun's neck.
 
"Hope your, uh, love germs aren't all over the food."
Yongguk chuckled.
He taught Daehyun well to mark his possessions.
 
Daehyun only smirked back as Jinhee hid behind him.
"Don't worry. Just get ready for dinner Hyung."
He replied, and Yongguk silently gave Daehyun a thumbs up as he slipped away.
 
"What was that for?"
Jinhee asked, noticing the gesture.
 
"What? You didn't want anybody to know beforehand about us?"
Daehyun pretended to be hurt, knowing that Jinhee only meant being caught under Yongguk's reign.
 
"You make me feel like getting caught in a relationship is the world's most right thing to do, Daehyun-ssi." 
Jinhee scrunched up her face, shaking her head in defeat-
This unlawful man was going to be the end of her.
 
"Maybe getting caught is the right thing then. Hm?" 
He swooped down and pecked her cheek.
 
"You're unbeliveable. Stop trying to eat my face and get out the plates."
Jinhee laughed, easily swishing out of his grasp as she headed for the food.
 
"Yes, anything for you my lady."
Daehyun played along, his childish heartbeats quickening to a rhythm as he grabbed the stack of dinner plates and silverware.
 
But his happy patience got the best of him as he settled down the plates and forks and grabbed Jinhee by her waist, his lips on hers in the blink of an eye.
He held them together and slowly walked forward until Jinhee's back touched the kitchen wall, and her arms wrapped around his neck.
 
*I finally have my Jung Jinhee.*
Daehyun smiled into the kiss.
 
Jinhee parted for air, completely unprepared for his sudden attack.
"You're going to be the death of me."
She panted as a smile curved her lips.
 
Daehyun kissed her lips gently again.
"As long as it's death by my love, I'm okay with that."
He devilishly smirked, making a part of Jinhee melt.
 
"And I thought you guys were making food, not babies. Hands off my sister, Daehyun."
Youngjae walked in.
 
Just how many B.A.P members were going to find out about their new relationship before dinner? 
Or were they prepped beforehand?
 
"Ah- Youngjae Oppa-"
Jinhee tried to explain, only cut off by Youngjae's 'Save your explanation' hand motion.
 
"Make it official at the dinner table. I'll get tissues ready for Zelo's tears."
He sarcastically smiled, and walked off.
"Can't believe you Daehyun. Stealing your best friend's little sister. That's a violation in the bro code. But you have my blessing so I guess it's gonna be all right."
Youngjae mumbled as he walked off.
 
"Aww you're breaking the bro code for me? I don't know if that's acceptable, especially when it's between you and my brother."
Jinhee jokingly pretended like she was really going over the seriousness of the issue.
 
Daehyun only kissed her lips.
"Oh shut up. You knew me longer than him.
He chuckled, and the helplessly attracted Jinhee finally focused on getting the food prepared.
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
 
"Gayo Daejun takes up all our schedule for tomorrow. Until then, rehearse rehearse rehearse."
Suho panted as they finished their practice routine.
 
The SBS 2013 live broadcast of the annual Gayo Daejun was coming up right behind Exo's tails, and with phenomenal artist sunbaes AND hoobaes coming to make their mark, Exo as the rising super power idols were heavily pressured to be the best.
 
"We should take time to eat. No?"
Kris simply threw the idea out.
 
"We have to watch our diet before performance dates though."
Luhan pouted, also wanting to gorge on Korean street food.
 
"I'm starving you younglings! You don't starve the oldest!"
Xiumin groaned, covered in pure work sweat.
 
"Fine. We'll put it to a vote."
Chanyeol stood up, still shaken from all the practice.
 
"I say just Jjajang and Jjamppong."
Tao tiredly said.
 
"Agreed."
Chen and D.O nodded in tired approval.
 
So the leader lines were busy ordering their food, while Kai was lost in thought.
 
*She makes the best Jjajang..*
He smiled to himself, thinking about her.
 
~~~ Kim Jongin's Flashback 
 
Kai had taken a taxi from SM Entertainment building to his home, stopping by a corner convinience store to buy a tissue pack to wipe off  some of his visible sweat from the night's rehearsal.
 
His teaser movie was very soon to be released, and Jongin couldn't be happier.
It meant that it might be the last time he has to go "home".
He'll never have to keep on his uselss responsibility of being a husband or whatnot-
He'll be free.
 
As he walked up the apartment steps, his giddy emotions overcame the coldness he usually harbored for his wife, as thoughts of being extra generous today towards his so-called wife started to simmer in.
*Today's your lucky day, Minhee*
He smirked as he stopped at the familiar door, beeping in the lock code of the security key pad.
 
"I'm back-"
He softly mumbled in habit.
It's eleven at night. She should be asleep.
 
As Jongin turned around from locking the door, his eyes fell on Minhee's figure that was curled into a ball on the couch, clad in her least favorite long sleeved shirt and pants to cover up the scars he had created on her fragile skin.
 
*I told her to stop sleeping on the couch*
Jongin thought, unable to bring anger into his peaceful mind.
 
He walked up to his wife, edging his hands under her to carry her to bed.
But instead of unconsciously falling into his arms, Minhee unconsciously let out a sleepy yet alarmed whimper and flinched hard.
 
Jongin's heart constricted painfully at the small act.
It was all because he was a monster.
He knew how badly he treated her- 
But he was never ready face the consequences of lashing his hatred of society at her.
 
As if Jongin's presence sent red alarms through Minhee's body systems, Minhee woke up instantly.
"J..Jongin-ah- I didn't expect you home."
Those were the first words muttered out of her tired lips.
 
*Why did you fall asleep, waiting for me on the couch like every night?*
He wanted to ask, yet as a cold habit, he retorted, 
"I'm your husband. You should expect me home whether you know I'm coming or not instead of falling asleep on the couch like a homless beggar."
 
Minhee was too used to those kinds of words to physically show how hurt she actually were.
Those kinds of words always hurt like hell.
 
"A-are you hungry?"
Minhee rushed to the kitchen, where she knew Jongin was less angry when she was there.
She opened the fridge in a hurry, making almost everything fall out.
 
She inwardly cursed at her clumsiness, not daring to look at Jongin's probably more pissed reaction.
She grabbed as much of the fallen ingredients as possible, spilling them back on the fridge shelves.
 
She reached for the instant soup and sauce packets that were clattered on the floor when she felt a warm hand cover over her cold ones.
 
"Can you make this for me?"
Jongin requested.
 
At the sudden warmth, Minhee fearfully glanced up at Jongin-
What's wrong with him? 
Did he eat something wrong? 
 
"A..are you okay, Jongin-ah?"
Minhee bit her lips as soon as the question spilled out, bracing herself for a quick sting across her cheek.
 
But instead of throbbing pain, she felt a warm hand on her face.
 
"Yeah.. Just hungry."
Jongin smiled.
 
It's been long since she saw him smile.
It made her smile too.
 
"Okay. I'll make this really quick."
Minhee grinned like a kid, grabbing the packet and rushing to find cooking pots.
 
It may be the last time he'll see her like this.
*I'm doing you a favor here, idiot*
He thought as he stared at Minhee's weak frame.
He could never understand her.
He'll slap her, hit her, and spit poisonous words that no human deserved to hear, yet in the end of the day, she'll smile at him as if she wasn't a bit hurt-
It's what made him even madder.
 
*This could be the last time I'll ever see her*
Jongin thought.
 
The sweet aroma of jjajang sauce filled the cold atmosphere, and Jongin felt himself crave for the taste of it.
 
"Smells good"
Jongin quietly complimented as he brushed past her rudely, sitting himself in the dining chair.
 
Soon after, Minhee brought in the completed jjajang noodle dish, and she awkwardly stood there as she watched him eat.
 
"What are you doing? Sit."
He commanded, barely able to part from the most delicious jjajang he ever tasted.
 
"This is daebak. It's really good."
He praised, slurping the delicious food down to his growling stomach.
 
"T-thanks."
Minhee shyly stuttered, a small smile making her beautiful to Jongin's eyes even with her bruises and hand marks.
 
~~~~~ end of flashback.
 
Who would've thought that was the last time Jongin saw her smile while being his?
 
He can't believe himself.
What a horrifying monster he was-
 
What he would give to see her smile in a different light.
 
"Kai! Jjajang or Jjamppong?"
Kris' voice interuppted his thoughts, and Kai answered loudly-
 
"Jjajang!"
 
But of course it wouldn't taste as good as what she 
 
>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<•>>>•<<<
 
"Damn. This is so good."
Himchan moaned as he took in a chopstick full of Jinhee's jjajangmyun.
 
*Probably the last words Kai ever said to me before he left*
Jinhee inwardly thought.
"Thank you Himchan oppa. I learned it from the best."
She outwardly spoke.
 
"From Umma? I thought Mrs.Jung banned you from the kitchen."
Jihye spoke, at least tried to enunciate the words as was filled with jjamppong noodles.
 
"That was when she caught me trying to bake a cake for Umma's birthday."
I bitterly explained, picking at my noodle dish bowl.
 
Even after Mrs.Yoo disappeared, Jinhee hadn't quit cooking, which she learned time to time from Mrs.Yoo. 
Jinhee decided to bake a memorial cake to celebrate Mrs.Yoo's birthday-
The first birthday she celebrated without the main birthday "girl".
 
Mrs.Jung had caught her midst Jinhee's wrestling match with the electronic mixer, banning her from the kitchen right then and there.
 
"It's not like I really listened to her."
Jinhee mischieviously chuckled, thinking about the times when she snuck into the forbidden kitchen to practice her cooking skills.
 
"And that's why we're meant for each other. We can't stay away from the kitchen."
Daehyun piped in, earning a round of laughter from the dinner table.
"Speaking of which-"
He continued, shooting Jinhee a wink.
 
"Jinhee and I are officially dating." Daehyun announced.
 
Yongguk felt his face being splattered with a fine spray of water, and a violent cough followed afterwards.
 
"MWOH?!"
Zelo coughed as Jongup tried to calm his shaking shoulders down from the impact of the choke.
 
Jinhee stayed silent, biting her lip shyly.
Daehyun just shook his head-
At least she wasn't denying it nor protesting anymore.
 
"We're dating, Joonhong-ah. In a relationship."
Daehyun blinked, not understanding the confusion in the easy statement.
 
 
"Bu..bu...buh.."
Zelo stuttered, overreaction splashing over him.
He glanced around the table, only to see many eyes staring at him as if they weren't affected by the news.
 
"Yeah we all knew."
Jongup chuckled.
 
"Even you, hyung?"
Zelo stared at Jongup, the one hyung he depended on for being slow.
 
"It was kind of obvious when Daehyun went to talk to Youngjae and Jihye while Jinhee was cooking."
Himchan smiled, eyeing the poor maknae.
 
"When did you talk to Youngjae oppa and Jihye unnie?"
Jinhee was confused.
 
"Before he officially asked you out, he asked us for our blessing. I thought he was going to ask to marry you, so I said yes anyways."
Jihye answered, shrugging lightly.
 
At this, Youngjae's eyes widened, Jinhee blushed, and Daehyun smirked.
 
And Jinhee couldn't hide the fact that she was touched by his caring act he did before making her his.
 
"Noona! You're just going to give Jinhee away like that?"
Youngjae spluttered, eyeing Daehyun like he was a threat.
 
"It's Daehyun. Why not?"
Jihye smirked, focusing back to her food.
 
And so the dinner went on with a pile full of Zelo's tear-stained tissues and cheering of a new couple.
 
But only the B.A.P members glanced nervously at the outcome of this happy yet unstable event.
 
And only Jihye and Jinhee eyed each other with sadness for they knew Jinhee will have to go to the States- much less likely to be with Daehyun.
 
But for now, Jinhee only wanted to be Daehyun's, and Daehyun only wanted to hold her and tell her everything's all right.
 
Kind of like when they were little, back in Busan.