Why

Family? You & Me

 

 
 
 
Yawns erupted, iPhones paused, and arms were stretching. 
 
"Good..... Morning?" 
Minhee spoke, placing a forkful of first-class airplane breakfast  into . 
It was now 10 AM in this time zone.
 
"Did you sleep?" 
Daehyun asked, stifling a yawn. 
He ran a hand through his brown- yellow highlighted hair, and admired how Minhee could stay in perfect condition after almost what.. 12 hours of flying? 
 
Minhee gave him a nod, and pushed his plate in front of him. 
" Mug-uh (Eat)"
 She spoke as comprehendable as possible with eggs and waffle in . 
 
Daehyun laughed at her clumsily forgotten lady behaviors, reminding him of all the times he'd make her climb over fences and burp out loud. 
She hasn't changed- 
She's still his Minhee. 
 
Daehyun picked up the fork and started eating, looking at the rest of s. 
Jongup was still sleeping, Youngjae was listening to music, Yongguk was looking over their schedule with Manager Kang, and Zelo was off in his own little world of chocolate chip cookies.
 
Himchan had changed seats, moving to the one in front of him- 
And Jihye was blankly looking out a window. 
Did something happen? 
 
"Sir, please move back to your designated seating. The rightful passenger seated next to this seat will return shortly, and he might find the sudden unplanned change a bit disturbing. Gwesonghapneeda (formal sorry)." 
A flight attendant spoke in the nicest way possible, but Himchan remained unmoving. 
 
"I'm trying to get some air, and I don't think the passenger next to this seat will mind. I'll move before he comes." Himchan stated so coldly that the flight attendant succumbed to his authorative tone. 
 
Daehyun watched as Jihye rolled her head in her seat, now staring blankly at the ceiling. 
Minhee watched too, curious and worried about her best friend and assitant's dazed state.
 
"Why is Himchan being an all of a sudden?"
 Minhee whispered, gaining a shrug from Daehyun in response. 
 
After a few moments of yawning and stretching, the intercom rung through the entire plane with the kind attendent's voice.
"The plane will be landing in approximately 30 minutes. Prepare to land in 30 minutes. Thank you." 
The announcement came on, and Minhee stretched her stiff limbs. 
 
Finally- 
13 hours for a first flight was really taking a toll on her, even if she slept earlier to avoid a major jet lag. 
 
 
 
___ Minhee's POV___
 
 
I looked out the window and smiled as a patch of green became visible to my bare eyes- 
This is real. 
I'm out of South Korea. 
The suffocating tall buildings-
The pressure of the society-
Free from all of it. 
 
"Is this how you feel Daehyun oppa?" I asked, almost whispering to myself. 
If he feels this free and independent all the time...
If seperating with me, the society's idolized heiress, was actually for the best. 
If I stepped out of a line I was never supposed to gain knowledge of. 
Kind of like- 
Jailbreaking. 
Breaking out of a bird's beautiful yet suffocating cage. 
 
"Feel like what?" 
Daehyun whispered, chuckling and nudging me back to my senses. 
 
"You know- Free." 
I sadly smiled, for the jealousy I had inside of me was like a restricted flicker of flame I can never feel. 
 
"I've always been the definition of free Minhee." 
Daehyun oppa laughed, fixing on his dark sunglasses, ready to cover himself from the swarm of fangirls that were probably waiting at the airport. 
http://en.korea.com/bap/board/b-a-p-at-detroit-airport-usa-2013-07-27/
 
I sighed- 
Covering from the people for protection of oneself- 
It seems so wrong.
As if it's the opposite of freedom.
It's true though-
Daehyun oppa was paying off his years of granted freedom with intense limits on privacy with stardom. 
 
Blanking out again, Daehyun sighed at the mindless girl in front of him and snapped out a baseball cap, slapping it on top of Minhee's head. 
 
"H..huh?" I mumbled, feeling the new article of disguise topping my head. 
 
"Keep your head low. Run outside with Kang hyung and check in to your hotel." Daehyun gave me instructions, and I glanced over at Jihye, who was reciveing same instructions from manager Kang.
 
I nodded and felt the whole plane tilt, causing me to fall into Daehyun oppa's chest. 
Omo.
I could feel him tense up from the sudden contact.
 
Blushing furiously, I awkwardly backed up and looked outside the window, seeing the ground so much closer now. 
The landing took gradually dips lower to ground level, and I held on to the arm rest in order to not fall into Daehyun oppa again.
 
The plane skidded on down through the clouds with a big dip, and I lost balance. 
I landed flat into Daehyun's oppa's open arms, and felt a breath leave me as I hit the rock-hard muscles. 
 
"The plane is landing in 10 minutes- Please put your seatbelts on as indicated on the light above your seats. We hope you have a wonderful afternoon in the city of Detroit. Thank you for choosing Korean Air."
The annnouncements came on, and I tried to buckle in like I was told. 
 
The landing was making me nervous and anxious, and I tried to think straight with the idea of this large flying machine landing under my feet.
 
I tried to regain my torso balance and get the heck off Daehyun oppa, so I gripped the arm rest, pushing my suddenly limp body up.
But to my surprise, Daehyun oppa's arms wrapped themseleves around me and held me there, in his chest. 
 
"O-oppa" 
I stuttered, trying to focus on something other than the fact that my lips are this close to his warm chest.
 
Sure we've hugged countless times before, but now we're grown up. 
We're adults. 
And adults don't hug friends so ...passionately. 
Slapping myself mentally, I sighed and looked up, where Daehyun's mischievious face was looking down at mine. 
 
"The plane wanted me to give you a hug." 
He childishly laughed, and I frowned a meh-rong. 
 
Before I knew it, the plane thudded on to ground level and I was relieved more than ever, in his arms. 
 
Looking at him again, our gazes locked into each other's and I knew it was  inevitable- 
the question that dared to speak out was prodding and trying to tempt me to ask that one question. 
The question I've kept pierced into my heart for so long- 
 
"Why did you leave.. All this time?" 
 
I found myself asking, and Daehyun oppa's eyes widened, trying to hide something. 
I flinched, the way I do when something's suspicious or my instincts act up to an uncertainty. 
 
I gulped,shaking myself out of his embrace and closing my eyes- 
Maybe there wasn't an answer after all. 
 
Seeing my disappointed sadness, Daehyun tried to consult me about it when manager Kang came over. 
"Miss Minhee- it's time." 
Manager Kang spoke, and I nodded, looking over to Jihye who was standing up, nearing the exit.
 
"Yah Minhee-yah" 
Daehyun called out, but I had already gotten out and on my way next to waiting Jihye and Manager Kang.
 
I turned around, speechless at the stunned look on his face, and shook my head- 
 
 
 
*Nevermind*
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeobosaeyo?" 
I picked up the phone, laying down on my hotel bed. 
 
Jihye peeked out from the restroom door, giving me a confused look with a toothbrush hanging out - 
 
"It's Umma" I mouthed to her, and she nodded. 
 
"Yeah Umma?" 
I replied, sitting up from the comfortable bed and placing my politics book to the side.
 
"How are you in the States for the first time?" 
She asked, the background noise indicating that she was at work. 
 
"It's fine so far..  I guess..." 
I mumbled, absentmindedly fiddling with my hair. 
So far, it was the truth- 
Michigan is a beautiful state, and there was so many eye-catching art displays out there. 
 
Jihye and I were on a shopping spree earlier this afternoon, which explains all the bags of clothing sprawled on the floor right now.
And one led to another and we ended up trying Detroit hot dogs to chugging down Vernors ginger ale and Faygo sodas. 
 
But I kept thinking of Daehyun oppa and his ... expression when I popped the question- 
You know one of those looks that tells you everything without a single spoken word. 
 
And to me...
It spoke of fear. 
 
As if all these years, he was scared to see me.
 
"Minhee- Are you okay ddal*? (Daughter)" 
Mom asked through the forgotten line.
 
"Oh ye-yeah mom.. I was just thinking of all the clothes I bought with Jihye." 
I tried to keep the light tone, failing miserably.
 
Thankfully, umma didn't catch the minor tone of sadness because there was a distraction perhaps.
"Honey, I was wondering if you could do a small favor for me while you're on vacation."  Mom asked, her tone changing into her formal, conservative voice.
 
"Yeah of course" 
I replied, feeling queasy- 
Of course there was no way my parents would have let me go overseas without a legitimate reason. 
I should have known they'd have a purpose behind generously bestowing me a vacation.
 
"Minhee- I'll text you the details- I gotta go right now." 
Mom suddenly said, the background noise rising in level.
 
I barely bid farewell and sighed as the phone hung up on me. 
 
I groaned and fell back to my bed, trying my best to clear my aching head of all stress, mom's sudden request, and ... Daehyun. 
 
ASDFGHJKL 
ain't nobody got TIME for all this. 
This is Ah-Muhricah. 
 
I flipped my torso up and spazzed my arms around, making myself lose crazy sanity. 
Insanity right now seems like heaven. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
 
 
____Youngjae's POV___
 
 
 
 
"CUT!" 
 
"Gamsahapneedah! (Thank you!)" 
I yelled out, standing up from the ground.
 
Incessent hours of filming drained B.A.P's energy, but our dreams and excitement to make this music video propelled us forward- 
Displaying the effort seamlessly. 
 
I looked down at the dusty ground, feeling the breeze pick up as if welcoming me. 
Detroit- 
It's been a while. 
 
Before the incident, Uhmuhnee (Mother) and I traveled together once, going from corners of countries to isolated islands-
A paradise I thought would never come to an end. 
 
Oh but it did. 
So cruelly. 
 
What once was such a beautiful city to call home is now a traumatic piece of glass wedged into my heart.
 
*Umma....*
 
The breeze died, and so did my heart. 
 
No matter what, I will make the guilty ones suffer. 
Suffer through what I did, what Mother didn't deserve. 
 
'I'm a Badman-
 I'll be the one to wipe you out , 
Don't you dare say any excuses now- 
In the end.'
 
 
 
______ Daehyun's POV____ 
 
 
 
"Why did you leave.. All this time?" 
 
Why I left. 
 
Why I pretended like she was never going to ask that question.
 
10 years passed since we met, and it's natural for her to think about the long seperation- 
One of us would have at least looked for one another in that span of time. 
 
She knows I never tried to reach her- 
Never tried to find her in 10 years. 
 
I buried my face in my hands, regretting every single year that has passed-
and I let them pass.
I had chances to reach out to her, but I took the deal and succumbed to a contract.
 
I'm a ing coward
 
 
 
 
 
 
___ Your POV____
 
 
 
"Daehyun- you okay?" 
 
Yongguk asked the shriveled figure on the ground, concerned about his dongsaeng's state. 
As the father of the group, Yongguk couldn't stop worrying- 
It can't be anything serious right?
Yet ever since the plane landed, Daehyun had been .... Off. 
 
But when Daehyun raised his head to look at Yongguk, the leader's smile froze and dropped off as he saw Daehyun's eyes dripping with fresh trails of tears.
 
"..Hyun..g" 
Daehyun sobbed, his expression scared and vulnerable- 
Completely opposite from the image he portrayed so far in the music video filming. 
 
Yongguk was shocked- 
The mature, strong, happy, charismatic dongsaeng he knew was bawling like a baby. 
 
"D-Daehyun-ah..." Yongguk mumbled, sitting down next to his dongsaeng and patting his back, making effort to console him. 
 
"H..hyung I messed up- I messed up bad." 
Daehyun sobbed, feeling helpless. 
 
"Why..?" Yogguk asked, confused. 
 
"Minhee- I need to tell her everything-" 
Daehyun started to mumble crazily, tears wildly flowing down.
 
"Yo yo Daehyun- calm down- tell Minhee what?" Yongguk calmed Daehyun, trying to bring him back to his senses.
 
"I'm a coward. I'm a ing coward."
Daehyun chanted over and over again, going crazier by the minute.
 
"No you're not Jung Daehyun. You are not a coward, Daehyun- wake up!" 
Yongguk shook Daehyun's limp shoulders, not knowing what the younger was going through. 
 
Daehyun roughly wiped his tears and looked at Yongguk dead in the eye, speaking no words.
Daehyun stood up, grabbing on to his sanity once more. 
He had to hold on.
Hold on for a bit longer.
 
Yongguk sighed, pulling the black and white hood his filming outfit.
He had only witnessed Daehyun's panic attack once, when he was a trainee. 
Everyone thought Daehyun was strong enough to take on the high notes on their first debut song- 
And Yongguk did too until he saw Daehyun outside, pacing nervously back and forth. 
Even back then, it was just nervous rambling and normal anxiety, but now it's something Yongguk had never witnessed before.
 
Daehyun was the strongest dongsaeng Yongguk knew, but the built-up emotions bursted out once in a while. 
Daehyun's personality after all, is the  one of a strong-headed challenger who can take on the world.
 
So when Daehyun became uncertain, insecure, or confused once in a while, Yongguk understood. 
At least he thought he did. 
 
"Yongguk! You're due on the set in 5 minutes!" 
A film staff member called out, and Yongguk headed right to the set.
 
He's not sure anymore.