Intentions

Family? You & Me

 

 
 
After departing with Daehyun oppa for his music video filming, I retreated back to my hotel room, ready to face Jihye's endless lectures on consequences of skipping out on "business" hours. 
 
It was a rare night, and I flipped out my phone to dial a number I pondered over for a long time- 
 
Minhwan oppa.
My brother. 
 
The phone rung a while, and the line picked up. 
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
My brother's tired voice answered through the line, and I held in the excitement of hearing from him again. 
 
"Oppa!" 
I squealed, glad that Jihye wasn't in the room- 
 
I wouldn't have called Minhwan oppa if Jihye was in here... 
It's safe to say they had a history. 
And Jihye ended up hating my older brother's every living fiber. 
But she stayed for me. 
And I admire her even more for that. 
 
"Uh- Minhee-yah!" 
Minhwan's voice lifted, and I could sense him being happy to hear from me too after all the rejected calls and business meetings. 
 
"Uhthukhaejinae* stranger? (How are you doing/living?)"
I giggled, slightly whining to add the "sadness" of missing him. 
 
"The usual stuff. Papers, assistants, and more papers." 
Minhwan oppa groaned. 
"I heard you're in the States- Are you coming to visit me?" 
He spoke up. 
 
"No I came to Detroit.. I don't have time to go to Los Angeles." 
I sighed, slightly lying to myself- 
I don't think I could bear with the fact that Jihye was going to act as if everything was alright if i did.
 
"Of course you do liar- You got the entire time in the world. Come visit me at campus~" 
Oppa pleaded, and I bit my lip- 
 
Should I? 
... Will I? 
 
I blinked for a moment- 
It wouldn't hurt to drop by for a few moments, 
Right? 
 
"Maybe I'm planning a surprise visit" 
I uncertainly mumbled, still doubting the decision.
 
"I miss you Minhee." 
He softly spoke, and as my heart constricted at the tone of his voice, 
 I made up my mind.  
 
I'm going to LA. 
 
----------------------
 
"You're going to WHAT?!" 
Jihye and Manager Kang both shouted in unison. 
 
"Sheesh- I'm going to LA. We're in the States so why not stop by on the way?" 
Minhee defended, taking a bite out of her breakfast muffin. 
 
"Can we go again?"
Zelo's excited voice peeped in the conversation- 
Zelo had secretely wanted to visit there again after their 'Coffee Shop' and 'Hurricane' music video filming. 
Due to their busy schedules with 'Badman' right behind their tails, Zelo spent most of the time sleeping, not sight-seeing.
 
"We have promotions Zelo-yah."
Jongup consoled the poor maknae, feeling sympathethical-
For Jongup too, wanted to spend more time in the beautiful city. 
Filming for 'Coffee Shop' was the closest thing to a normal stroll he ever took in his idol life, And he earned for it again-
They all did. 
 
"It's on the way- Why not ?" 
Himchan mischieviously grinned, taking a sip of his Americano. 
 
But from the corner of Minhee's eyes was Jihye, who was biting her nails. 
Jihye knew why Minhee wanted to go to the States, and she wasn't ready to face her ex-lover just yet.
Jihye wasn't sure if she could handle seeing him again- 
The one who broke her heart into million pieces of regrets and sadness. 
 
Minhee felt terrible, but her plan was to take B.A.P with her to create a distraction big enough for Jihye to pay attention to while Minhee visited her brother. 
And judging by the approving nods for a stop at L.A, Minhee's plan was progressing into a positive outcome. 
 
"Okay... To thank miss Minhee for accompanying us and being our lucky charm, I'll manage a stop-by at L.A. As long as we don't get caught... And you guys promise that this won't get out." 
Manager Kang groaned, his weakness to the happiness of his poor boys and Joonhong's puppy eyes greatly falling  under the request. 
 
Minhee smiled, but two people were very suspicious. 
Youngjae and Daehyun. 
They exchanged glances-
For they both knew something was up.
This isn't just a regular drop by or a sudden schedule change. 
There was a purpose for this, and it wasn't just to go and have fun for few hours. 
 
Daehyun was going over the possibilites of Minhee having ties to the Californian city-
Youngjae was trying to grasp at what Minhee was up to- 
 
And they both realized and remembered.
 
She has a brother in L.A.
A heir of the company.
 
And now it was their turn to ask questions and puzzle over as to why they had to go to L.A again, whilst Minhee could happily go alone. 
 
Jihye finally buried her face in her hands, clenching her teeth and holding back a sob. 
Witnessing the scene, Himchan was taken back by how the strong woman was now a weak mess- 
She wasn't showing it, but Himchan could see through emotions well. 
 
Minhee closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh- 
She couldn't avoid her brother forever right? 
So why not go with the people you know you can trust, and have the hope of having people that truly understand you nearby? 
 
Because Minhee couldn't face her brother alone. 
She just couldn't.
Even if it meant having Jihye suffer with her beside her.
 
Her fear and anxiety was just that great.  
 
Don't get it wrong, Minhee loves her brother. 
But there were times where Minhwan scared Minhee, so much out of the blue. 
And for those emergencies, Minhee always had to be cautious around him- 
Always. 
 
Keeping this secret to herself, she put on the giddiest face she could afford, and forced herself to stop thinking of the silly 'what if?'s.
 
-------------------------
 
Manager Kang was checking his boys out of the hotel, ready to head to their next American destination. 
 
"So... L.A huh?" 
Daehyun leaned against the door frame, watching Minhee's every move as she started packing her travel items. 
 
"Mmhmm!" 
Minhee chirped out a reply, sounding absolutely thrilled. 
 
Daehyun chuckled at her behavior and shook his head, waking himself up enough to cut to the chase.
"Visiting your brother?" 
He asked, trying his best to take the bitter taste of the words off his mouth. 
 
"Oh haha How'd you know?" 
Minhee nervously laughed, playing with the shirttail of the clothing she was packing. 
Of course Minhee knew that Daehyun would suspect it. 
But not this quickly nor precisely. 
Panicking and begging was going to get her nowhere, so she just laughed along. 
 
"How can I not know?" 
Daehyun stared at the half-filled luggage, slowly making his way towards the fidgety childhood dongsaeng. 
 
"I guess..." 
Minhee mumbled, keeping her eyes glued to the ground as Daehyun neared her.
Close. 
Too close for her preference. 
 
"Why are you visiting him?" 
Daehyun asked, and Minhee could sense a tinge of worry in his tone of voice now. 
 
"I haven't seen him since last year. Is it wrong to see my oppa?"
Minhee pouted, feeling like a child being scolded. 
 
"Not at all. What's wrong is that you're dragging not just your childhood oppa with you, but a group of Korean idols along." 
Daehyun softly grabbed Minhee's shoulder, causing her round eyes to meet his.
"Minhee-yah.. What's wrong?"
He asked gently, worried he might scare the fragile wits out of her.
 
"What do you mean?" 
Minhee curiously furrowed her brows, confused as to what Daehyun was trying to say. 
The close proximity wasn't helping her guilty conscience, and she was too scared to tell Daehyun about her little dilemma- 
 
Yeah, this was the Jung Daehyun whom she used to tell everything to like an open book, but now it was the maturity they held that made everything shift into different perspectives. 
Minhee wasn't just a 3-year dongsaeng but a rising heiress. 
Daehyun wasn't a trouble-making boy running in the streets, but a world-known celebirity. 
 
But in the end, Minhee clattered down as she saw the innocence in Daehyun's eyes.
The firm yet gentle nudge that made her do the right thing- 
Always.
 
"My oppa's a bit scary and I want you guys there with me." 
Minhee blurted, feeling the heavy weight lift ever so lightly away..
Just a little bit.
 
"Was that so hard to say?" 
Daehyun chuckled, dropping his hands from her shoulder and flicking her forehead. 
 
"Ahyah! (Ouch!)" 
Minhee yelped. 
"What was that for?" 
She whined, rubbing her red forehead. 
 
"For trying to lie to me." 
Daehyun shrugged, his old presence as a school sunbae coming back. 
"You know better." 
He shook his head, remebering the one time Minhee did lie to him.
About changing the whole contents of his house and fancy-fying it without him knowing. 
He loved that house- 
It reminded him that you have to work hard to live well. 
Yet Minhee ironically had turned it upside down to her liking. 
 
"M-miahnhae oppa.." 
Minhee mumbled, slowly dropping her hands back down from her reddish forehead. 
 
"Aish. Come here." 
Daehyun muttered, looking at the silly girl with a red dot on her head. 
 
Daehyun suddenly cupped both sides of Minhee's head and tilted it downwards, letting his lips land on her injured spot. 
Daehyun's lips parted from her skin, but Minhee's head didn't part from the feeling of it. 
She just stared at Daehyun, dumbfounded. 
 
"The nurse isn't here, and this is the best I can do." 
He simply explained,  hiding his exhilarated heartbeats. 
Minhee's flushed face wasn't helping, and they both stared at each other for the longest time recorded in history. 
 
"Um. I'll get going then. Gotta pack my things to go visit your brother with you." 
Daehyun awkardly chuckled and left, muttering censored words to himself. 
 
Minhee just stood there blinking and breathing, barely able to stand still. 
She brought her hand to trace the warmth of Daehyun's lips that lingered on her forehead, and she bit her lips in order to not burst out in jittery giggles. 
 
"Are you read- Minhee-yah?" 
Jihye called from the hotel room door , her head tilted curiously at the curled figure on the bed. 
 
"Are you okay?"  Jihye asked, picking up the last articles of Minhee's belongings and throwing them in her luggage. 
 
"I think so" 
Minhee smiled into the pillow, pretending like she just got up or something- 
Anything to hide her burning-red face. 
 
-----------------------
 
"Okay... Mission impossible starts right... Now." 
Manager Kang announed with a heavy sigh, tapping his phone screen. 
 
All six boys huffed, knowing how challening it would be to sneak into L.A without any BABYz knowing. 
It wasn't IMpossible, but pretty darn close. 
 
"Why are we hiding again?" 
Zelo asked, confused and lost. 
 
"To be honest, I don't really know. But what would boss say if he figures out we stopped in L.A for fun time and spent a heck a lotta money for the extra plane tickets back? Especially when all of your schedules are jam packed?" 
Manager Kang scratched his head. 
 
"Arasso hyung. We get it. Don't get caught right?" 
Yongguk concluded, patting his worried manager on the back. 
 
After few more minutes of discussion, Minhee and Jihye decided to leave after the boys in order to not get caught in a fancam zone. 
Yongguk made the girls stash their luggage in the cart, and he pushed forward to the awaiting crowd in the airport.
 
From the glass door outside, Minhee and Jihye peeked as they saw the tremendous number of fangirls all trying their best to catch a picture while B.A.P moved on fast.
This one time, Minhee was so glad no one came to get a airport fashion picture of her. 
And this is precisely the reason why Minhee needs them. 
 
"Let's go" 
Jihye smiled, nudging Minhee on as the fangirls busied themselves by reviewing all the pictures they took. 
The two girls passed by soundlessly, and faced the B.A.P members waiting on them beyond the security checkpoint. 
 
They all boarded the plane safely, with the cluless fangirls trying to figure out why Yongguk panicked when the luggages toppled over in this cart, and how the other members seemed alaramed as well. 
 
Maybe it was the feminine choice of luggage that had fallen down. 
 
The plane had parted for L.A, with the same seating as before. 
Everyone was too tired to really care, and had fallen asleep in matter of seconds. 
But not Jihye. 
She couldn't as much as blink an eye. 
All because of this man right next to her. 
 
_____ Jihye's POV____ 
 
I would have been more bothered by Himchan right now if we weren't on our way to L.A. 
Where a man I hated more was residing currently. 
 
Jung Minhwan....
 
The name always sounded so lovely to me, but after he left for the good of the company, 
It tastes so bitter and hateful.
 
~~ Jihye's Flashback 
 
"Yeobosaeyo?" 
I had answered, happy that Minhwan finally called after his long contact -denied business trip. 
 
"Jihye-yah... Let's break up."
He tersely muttered. 
 
"M..mwoh? Stop joking!" 
I laughed, shaking my head at the silly boy's voice. 
 
"I'm not. Let's break up. Haeuhjijah."
He coldly spoke. 
 
"M-minhwan- what's gotten into you?" 
I asked, suddenly realizing the serious tone of his voice. 
 
"Do you know what would happen if people found out I was going out with my family's orphaned maid?"
He sarcastically laughed, leaving my heart to bleed from the fresh wounds. 
 
"Y-yah.. Jung Minhwan-" 
Anger and shame boiled inside me, and tears flowed down. 
 
The man who caressed my painful memories, who didn't judge me from my pathetic background, who didn't leave me when everyone did- 
Was hurting me in the way he promised never to. 
 
"I can't take this anymore- the pressure, the anxiety I have to endure when someone asks me about my lover. I want to feel proud and happy, but I don't want to lie to myself or you anymore. It's for the best Jihye. We can't lie anymore." 
He spoke, swallowing a lump in his throat.
 
"Hm who is that oppa?" 
A ty voice joined in the conversation, and Jihye's blood froze. 
 
"Yah. . You jerk.. I never lied to myself about loving you.. But I guess it's over now huh? Michinnom* (crazy bastard)" 
I harshly spoke, and hung up. 
 
All those moments where he'd tell me to forget about my past- 
That the future between us is all that matters- 
I believed him. 
Like a stupid idiot I was, I actually believed another man who would throw me out in the end. 
 
~~~~~  end of flashback
 
A tear was now running down shamelessly down my cheek, followed by the cold air-conditioning of the airplane. 
 
*Nappeunnom* (bad bastard) 
I thought, thinking back to all the times I loved him for accepting me for who I was, telling me to be proud of my beautiful self. 
 
As I closed my eyes again, I felt a warm hand wipe my wet tear away, making my eyes flash open in reflex.
 
Himchan was turned towards me, his hand cupping my cheek. 
I started to tremble, hating my reactions to such minute actions. 
 
"Stop crying. You look like an idiot." 
Himchan huffed, dropping his hands and wiping them on his pants. 
 
Jihye bit her lip, hating the truth. 
Where was crying going to get her? 
All she ever did was cry, and she would have gone back to her old life if it wasn't for Mr.Jung having mercy on her and placing her as Minhee's personal assistant. 
 
"Th..Thanks."
 Jihye mumbled, wiping her hand across her wet face. 
But her cold her sobbed on and on, hating how she just assumed that everyone who's nice to her will leave one day or another. 
 
Like Himchan here for example. 
When he figures out her story, He'll gladly leave her. 
All without a second glance.
~~~
 
 
And this is Jihye's hidden story.
Everybody has a story of their own, and Jihye hated hers for being so dark and humiliating.
The man she loved so much even thought so. 
As the plane flew through the sky, Jihye only was thrown deeper into the pit of despair- 
Further and further. 
 
Himchan just watched the girl's emotions display themselves on her teary face, both sympathy and curiosity inching forward at the new vulnerability this strong girl was showing. 
Sure he said he wouldn't bother with her anymore, but he never said he'd not care. 
 
Being the cold-hearted , the least he could do was care, right?
 
*Himchan- what are you getting yourself into?*
Himchan groaned, hoping he was making the right decision for once. 
 
 
 
{A/N} 
A Looonnngg chappie for my lovely subbies here 
Kind of having a writer's block after writing nonstop hahaha
Comment reviews! I know most of you are authors out there ^^ 
Thank you, and Saranghaeeee <3