The States

Family? You & Me

 

 
 
 
"So you're leaving for Detroit tomorrow?"
 
 I asked as we neared his destination. 
Buildings were passing by, and I squinted, trying to find a spot of white and blue of freedom amongst the heights of cold gray concrete buildings.
 
It's so suffocating- 
I can't see the sky.
 
"New MV coming up. We plan to make this big."
 Daehyun oppa explained, steering the car into a parking lot. 
Thankfully there were no cameramen around, and we slipped easily into B.A.P's apartment complex.
surprisingly.
 
I tried to persuade Daehyun to let me off at a nearby gas station or something, but he turned me down flat with every attempt. 
So here I am, sneaking into B.A.P's dorm for Daehyun to catch his airplane ticket in time from his manager and make his manager take me home safely.
 
For saftey measures. 
 
Cough cough
 
Yeah right. 
Daehyun oppa's still so good at hiding his true intentions of over protectiveness-
Still mysterious.
 
So I slipped out of the heavy hoodie, making sure I would look presentable- 
I am meeting B.A.P in person after all. 
In their dorm.
Especially because I've been watching them for so long, even before there even was a B.A.P.
Like how Jepp Blackman taught me about the world's society beneathe the wrapping paper and bows- 
My favorite rapper as a closet fan- 
Bang Yongguk.
He was one of the only people I knew would treat me normally, because he knows so much about what's right and wrong in this messed up world. 
 
And I'm scared and nervous to see him in real life. 
In his dorm.
 
Daehyun stopped in front of the door and clicked the lock number in the digital keypad, opening the enterance as it beeped in approval. 
He gave me a tight smile before heading in- 
Like the one he gave me before we went into his home in Busan.
I sighed in nervousness and followed behind him, hiding myself behind his shoulder. 
 
"Daehyun hyung?"
A familiar voice called out. 
Oh mah gosh 
Freaking 
Zelo.
 
I was scared to look at the tall maknae eye-to-eye, so I hid my face into Daehyun's back.
 
"H...Hyung?.. Is ... Is that a g..girl?"
Zelo stuttered, his voice trembling.
 
I peeped around Daehyun's shoulder, only to realize that Zelo's eyes were inches away from mine.
 
"Kya!"
I yelped in surprise, and Zelo jumped backwards.
 
"Junhong-ah Don't-" 
Before Daehyun could protest,
Zelo shouted at the top of his lungs -
 
"YONGGUK HYUNG!! DAEHYUN HYUNG BROUGHT H..HER!!!!"
 
I buried my face in Daehyun's back as I heard a stampede of footsteps rush down the two-floor apartment house. 
"Junhong! What's wrong?!"
Himchan was the first to arrive, judging by his high-pitched yet low toned response.
Then they all stopped breathing as they saw my tiny figure behind Daehyun's.
 
"D..Daehyun what the hell?"
Yongguk's deep voice trembled through the silence. 
I dared to peep around again, sighing as Yongguk'a face wasn't all up on mine.
I caught Jongup's loose jaw, Zelo's panic mode, Himchan's lady face, Youngjae's surprised expression, and Yongguk's very confused one. 
 
"Minhee?" 
Youngjae spoke up first. 
I glanced back and forth all the members and nodded. 
 
God it's B.freaking.A.holy.P
 
Now it was everyone's turn to be confused. 
"Y...You know Youngjae?" Daehyun asked, slightly mumbling. 
"I met him when he came to pick you u-" 
I was cut short as Youngjae interrupted,
"What are you doing behind Daehyun... In our dorm?" 
 
I nudged Daehyun for the explanation. 
 
Daehyun scratched his head and sighed-
"We saw some paparazzis so we ran for it, and I was going to ask Kang hyung to take her home." He sheepishly mumbled under Yongguk's very firm gaze.
There was a pause of silence, cut into pieces as Yongguk cleared his deep toned throat.
 
"We apologize for our rude manners Minhee-ssi. I'm Yongguk, leader of B.A.P." He held out his hand, and I gasped. 
What a pretty hand. 
I took it shyly, feeling the warmth of his beautiful hand.
He smiled, showing his gums, which brought a smile on to my face. 
Somehow, he's exactly who I thought he'd be.
 
"Can you go a day without charming a pretty girl Yongguk? I'm Himchan oppa, the face of this group Miss Minhee." Himchan introduced, and I inwardly giggled. 
 
"Uh... I...I'm ... J...Jon....Jongup..."
Jongup trailed, face frozen. 
 
"Moon Jongup, monster dancer and R&B lover. " I laughed, not expecting to see Jongup actually act like this in real life. 
He sighed in relief and gave me a tiny smile.
 
"I know you ! You're Jung Minhee! The pretty heiress and Daehyun hyung's first cru-" 
Zelo was tackled to the floor, Daehyun clamping a hand to his mouth. 
 
I gasped at the sudden attack, not knowing what to do.
Youngjae's eyes met mine, and his eyes were glinting dangerously. 
I quickly looked away, feeling suddenly cold inside. 
Is he having a so-called "DaeJae" moment? 
 
"Guys I'm here!" 
 
Somebody called from the front door, and the person was welcomed with a lovely view of a tackled Zelo with Daehyun on top, Yongguk paused mid-sentence trying to break them up, Youngjae's dangerous eyes, Himchan's arm slung over me (when did this happen?), and a Jongup who was staring at the wall. 
 
"Hyung!" Himchan called out, sliding his arms so smoothly away from me. 
 
"Save MEEE"
Zelo croacked, and I rushed to pry Daehyun off of him. 
 
"Guys what the he-" 
The guy who I recognized as B.A.P's manager, "Kang hyung" they called him, was frozen in confusion. 
"Is this Jung Minhee or am I having hallucinations?"
 He asked, scratching his head. 
 
"Ahnnyunghasaeyo!"
I greeted breathlessly, half in the process of taking Daehyun's hands off Zelo's pale white throat. 
 
"Daehyun wants you to take her home Hyung." Himchan spoke nonchalantly.
 
"T..Take Miss Jung Minhee to the Jung Mansion?" The manager asked, walking closer. 
 
"Yeah hyung." Jongup mumbled, still staring at the wall.
 
Zelo was now free, and before anybody could really process the whole awkward situation, Zelo sat up and hugged me in all his tallness. 
 
"Minhee saved my life!"
 He yelled, making me stumble off balance. 
His grip caught me, and now Daehyun and Himchan joined in Youngjae's expression.
 
I slowly stood straight and squirmed out of Zelo's grasp, clearing my throat. 
 
"Did we just act like that in front of a guest? What did I teach you guys the whole entire year about acting normal?" Yongguk scolded, making me feel like a tiny ant in front of a bear.
He finished his rant about how no matter who it was, they should treat others with respect and normal behavior and whipped around to manager Kang. 
 
"Do you have the plane tickets now?"
 Yongguk snapped, making the manager slowly take out the papers. 
 
I watched the whole "Appa Bang" moment with my eyes, jaws hanging down and heart racing at the speech. 
Well Damn. 
He's exactly the rapper I thought he'd be- For once in my whole life. 
I felt like shouting 'Hallelujah' but kept my frozen form.
 
"Since you guys have all the ticket forms now, fill them out, and I'll take Miss Minhee home." Manager Kang said, and I awkwardly scurried to his side. 
 
"Wait. I'll take her back." Daehyun spoke up. 
"I have the plane ticket now- there aren't any paparazzis around so I'll take her back." He explained, only gaining suspicious glances from all around. 
 
That's funny. 
 
"Ahjusshi might recognize you. Mom's maids are definitely going to know you, disguise or not. Do you really want me to move again oppa?" I asked, spilling out what really happened. 
When Appa found out that I was close with such a "dangerous" kid with unknown parents, Appa moved the Jung company's Headquarters to Seoul, safely into the city. 
And that's why I moved.
 
"T..That's why you moved?" Daehyun stuttered. 
 
"Oppa?" Himchan raised his eyebrows. 
 
"She moved because of Daehyun hyung?" Jongup finally caught up. 
 
"It's better to stay away from the Jung mansion. I don't want to move again. " I shrugged, slipping my shoes on. 
Even for me, I don't want to go to the Jung mansion. 
 
"Miss Minhee. I think you'd better come with us for a while." Manager Kang spoke up suddenly, his head buried in a text message. 
 
"What?" I asked, confused. 
 
"The paparazzis are surrounding your mansion right now. Your father's having a grand party there." He spoke, flashing me the text he recieved from B.A.P's publist, who was informed about Daehyun and my family situation and kept quiet. 
 
Appa's throwing a party? 
How come I never knew-
 
Either way, I am NOT attending. 
The last classy party I went to ended up with me taking five pills of advil at once- 
It's so freaking stressful, putting on a smile when inside you were dying and suffocating from being choked with expensive perfume and strong cigars. 
 
"The lawyer gave me a stack of papers you guys have to fill out together. Um...Can you come to the States with us?" Manager Kang asked. 
 
"NEH??!" I yelled, taken by how quickly this escalated. 
 
"This is the perfect opportunity! We need people who can speak English as much as possible.It's miss Jung Minhee for God's sake!" He shouted in happiness, leaving me falling into the pit of doom. 
 
What the hell just happened? 
 
"H..hyung!" Daehyun spoke, surprised as much as the other members were. 
 
"Miss Minhee doesn't want to go home. Her father's throwing a rich people party that she is probably wanting to avoid. The faster the forms are filled out, the quicker this ends. So are you coming Minhee-yang? (Yang -Miss, lady, more feminine version of -ssi.)" 
 
Before I knew it, I had called Jihye to pack my stuff, Babo, Babo's stuff, and to come to TS ent. 
 
"This is going to be fun. Trip to the States with South Korea's prettiest lady." Himchan spoke, tugging on his shoes, ready to leave.
 
Manager Kang and I were already outside the door, and I took the chance to ask him the question.
"How did you know I don't like rich people parties?" 
 
He pointed at my shoes. 
"Dirty Converse. Old jeans. You like to be normal, and you flinch whenever someone says "princess" or "rich". " 
 
I nodded at all the right assumptions he made about me. 
"Takes skill to be B.A.P's manager huh?" I laughed, pulling on Daehyun's hood over my head. 
 
"You don't even know."  Manager Kang replied, patting Himchan's back as he stepped out. 
Himchan gave me a questioning look, and I simply shrugged. 
Yongguk came out next, then the rest of the members followed. 
The 5 members were all going down the apartment steps, and Daehyun turned around to look at my standing-still position. 
 
"I'll meet you at the van-" I hurridey said, and went inside their dorm to fetch the forgotten member.
 
There he was, trying to tie his Adidas sneakers. 
"Jongup-ssi. They all left." 
I tapped his shoulder, and he came out of his dazed moment. 
"What? Aish- again?"
He mumbled, and finished tugging on his shoes. 
 
*So Clumsy* I laughed to myself, opening the door for him. 
 
Jongup locked the door, and we ran down the steps. 
"Why did you come back for me?" Jongup asked, tidying his shirt.
"You seem so lost" I smiled, feeling myself be sympathetic at the feeling of being lost. 
His dancing makes up for it,  
My money makes up for it. 
 
"Thanks." He softly mumbled and walked ahead, but I caught up to him as he went inside the van. 
 
Everybody gasped, realizing that they had forgotten their Uppie.
 
"Yah Moon Jongup! You did that on purpose to make Minhee go after you!" 
Himchan accused, and Jongup and I shot him a look. 
 
"What a paranoid Umma." I rolled my eyes, and Youngjae snorted at my remark.
 
"To TS!" Zelo shouted, and the van drove forward, making me plop down on the floor. 
"Aigoo" I rubbed my , and sat down properly on the seat between Yongguk and Daehyun. 
They cleared their throat and looked away, silence ringing between them. 
 
Zelo laughed, mocking me. 
"Jung Minhee's clumsy too!" He smirked.
 
I stuck out my tongue and pouted. 
"Not all 19 year olds can LTE rap perfectly you know." 
Youngjae finally lit up a smile, and I crossed my arms into emphasize the "pissed-off" look.
Daehyun suddenly poked my puffed cheeks- 
"Yah. Don't do that. Daehyun scolded, and I sighed heavily as Youngjae's smile was wiped out cold. 
 
On the way to TS, the conversations died down and I nervously fidgeted around in my little seat.
Zelo fell asleep, Jongup was listening to Chris Brown, Himchan was checking his reflection in a handheld mirror. 
Daehyun was spacing out, and I was left alone conciously with Yongguk. 
 
"Fidgety much?" His deep voice mumbled, making me jump a bit. 
 
"S..sorry" I squeaked, and he let out a deep chuckle. 
 
"No, thank you for coming to the States with us. It was really last-minute, and we were very rude." He apologized, sitting with his elbows rested on his knees. 
I gulped silently, his pose wafting a smell of complete leadership to my senses. 
 
"I always wanted to go to the States."
 I spoke, slight shrugging to indicate that the turn of events actually benefits me in a way. 
 
"You've never been?" He asked, surprised. 
Who wouldn't be? 
After all, a heiress is known to fly around in a private jet to many ty parties. 
 
"Appa doesn't let me travel. So I'm kind of sneaking away in a sense of rebellion. I'm always trapped in my mansion, and I think this is a perfect excuse to run away." I laughed, understanding completely that Yongguk was confused. 
 
"Trapped..huh..." He muttered, his eyes glazing with the familiar glint of pity. 
 
"Don't feel sorry for me Yongguk-ssi. I'm perfectly used to it, and you're the one helping me run away." I  stuck my tongue out a bit in silliness, trying to lighten up the heavy mood. 
 
"I don't feel sorry for you Minhee. Just admiring  your courage. Call me Yongguk oppa- Age still does matter right?" He chuckled and shook his head, and I nodded in enthusiasm. 
 
"Who call what oppa?" Himchan joined, followed by a gasp from Daehyun, Youngjae, and a weird puppy pout from Jongup. 
 
"I'll call all of you oppa. Except Zelo." I smiled, reassuring all of them. 
 
"Why not me? My birthday's 10 days before yours, so technically I'm an oppa." {TRUE FACT... Except Zelo's actually 2 years older than me. Well, 1 year, 10 months, and 10 days older than me. T_T why} 
 
"Because we're the same age. How do you know my birthday?" I questioned, realizing that there's more than a cute baby face to the maknae. 
 
"Naver. How do you expect me not to know your birthday?" He countered, reaching back and giving me a light shove. 
 
"Yeah... I know your blood type, height, weight, and so much more." I jokingly giggled, laughing half at the fact that it was actually true. 
"Still growing aren't we?" I added, reminding myself that the body scan at the B.A.P Live on Earth tour informed fans of the fact that Zelo was still growing. 
This kid and his healthy tomatoes.
 
"Yah- Jung Minhee- Don't stalk Zelo." 
Daehyun gave me a side-nudge, and I scowled at his jealous eyes.
"Too bad I already know everything about you." 
I grumbled, earning a smile from him. 
 
"So tell us... How do guys know each other?" Himchan oppa spoke up, and Daehyun and I stared at each other wide-eyed. 
 
"Umm.. Long.. Story?" I tried to veer it off, but 5 pairs of eyeballs were staring at me- 
Daehyun was staring at the floor. 
"And?" Youngjae spoke up.
I rolled my eyes and gave in. 
 
"We met in an abondoned classroom, I ran into it because my Appa's gaurds were chasing me, and it was already kind of Daehyun oppa's territory. He was supposedly the hot badass of the school, and...erh.. I didn't know anything." I started.
 
"Catching his prey I see" Himchan oppa eyed the smirking Daehyun, and mischieviously smiled. 
 
Explaning the story in a nutshell, I guess it's not long of a story if we cut off the whole "I paid for the poor boy's new interior design which he bashed into pieces" incident. 
Huh. 
 
"We're here" Manager Kang announced, and I looked at the company building. 
 
TS Entertainment.