The Explanation

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The night was getting late. Yoona rolled on the bed, alone. She tried to sleep but too much thought running in her mind. She remembered the way Jonghyun looked at her when she asked about the picture. He wasn’t upset but he wasn’t calm either. She was torn apart between curiosity and her jealousy.   A part of her think that the lady was just some friend of him, another part of her feels like he was hiding something. In her heart, she admitted that Jonghyun is indeed popular and has many female fans, but somehow the closeness between him and the model was doubtful in her mind.

The alarm clock on the table showed the time; 02:00. Yoona sighed again. Jonghyun wasn’t home yet.  She got up and leaned against the bed head, leg crouching close to her chest. She took her phone under the pillow and released a heavy sigh. She stared at it, hesitant to dial his number. She was too ego to do so.  

A few hours later, Jonghyun got home. His sluggish steps showed how tired he was. He walked to the bedroom, slowly opened the door and found Yoona was sleeping. He hesitated to go in. Firstly, he didn’t want to wake her up. Secondly, he was avoiding her. The argument hadn’t yet resolved. He was pretty sure they would continue to quarrel once they start talking. He knew his wife well. Yoona wouldn’t let it go easily, especially when it comes to ‘other woman’. Her jealousy could be good and bad at the same time. He moved to the living room and lied down on the couch. His head pounding and his body were too tired to function. All he needed was a good rest. Unknowingly he fell asleep on the couch.

 

The alarm clock screamed loudly, giving the signal of the sunrise. Yoona shuts the alarm and slothfully got up, sat on the bed. She glanced at the other side of the bed. It seemed she was sleeping alone all night. She looked around the room and there was no sign of Jonghyun. He isn’t home? She rolled off the bed and walked to the bathroom. After a brief shower, she all dressed up. She had drama to film that morning. She glanced at the couch as she walked pass the living room and found Jonghyun was sleeping on the couch.

Yoona crossed her arms. Here you are. You’re obviously avoiding me. Whenever they had a fight, Jonghyun would always be the one stepping back. He hated fighting. He rather avoids such intense situation than be in it. She shook her head and left the house.   

 

The drama recording took only a few hours. Since Yoona got no other schedule, she decided to go home early that day. Her manager dropped her off her apartment around 3pm. She entered the house with hope to find Jonghyun somewhere in the living room but he wasn’t there. Her eyes were searching for him. Then Jonghyun walked out from the kitchen. His hair was messy, his face was tired and reddish. He was coughing. He seemed not well.

“Hi.” Jonghyun said nonchalantly as he glanced at his wife. He was greeted her, not really trying to make a conversation. He predicted Yoona would give him a short answer.  

Yoona responded with a short nod. “Oh, wait. Why didn’t you come to bed last night?” She was still upset about yesterday so she was acting cold.

“Look, if we’re going to fight again, I don’t think it’s the right time.” Jonghyun silently sighed.

“You’re avoiding me, aren’t you? Jonghyun-ah, we need to talk. Nothing will be solved if you keep avoiding me like this.” Yoona’s raised her voice a bit, showing her annoyance.

“Yoona, please. We’ll talk about this later, okay.”Jonghyun sighed. He may sound like he avoids her, but he really didn’t think it was the right time to talk, especially when he was not feeling well himself. He sluggishly walked to the bedroom and coughing. He closed the door as he entered the room.

However, Yoona can still hear him coughing even behind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter