The Fight

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The city of Seoul was busy as usual. But it wasn’t a busy day for Yoona as she got no schedule. So she decided to go pamper herself at the spa.  It was around 4 o’clock in the evening when Yoona walked out from the building and moved towards her car. As she walked while her hand was busy searching for the car key in her handbag, she heard someone calling for her. The voice was somehow familiar. She turned around and there was a man standing a few metres away from her. Her eyes widened as she was surprised.

“Seunggi oppa?” She gasped.

“Hi there.” He slowly approached her. “It’s been long time I didn’t see you.”

She froze as he walked towards her. She didn’t know how to react. It has been few years after they broke up and they hadn’t seen each other ever since. And at that moment, he was standing in front of her and she didn’t know what she supposed say or how she should act.

“Hello...” He waved his hand in front of her face. “Are you still there?”

“I’m sorry...” She blinked a few times as she was snapped back to reality. “I’m just surprised to see you.” She smiled faintly. “What are you doing here?”

“Well, I’m having a drink my military friends and then I saw from afar...” He pointed to a random shop behind him. “But I wasn’t sure if it was really you. So I came closer...and it’s you.” He smiled. “How are you?”

“I’m good.” She nodded. “So how are you doing?”

“Still the same old me as you can see now. So where you’re going?” He asked, trying to prolong the conversation.

“Home.

“I see.” He nodded. Although they used to be in a relationship, but that was history.  He moved on and she’s a married woman.  Nothing about the encounter is personal. He was happy to meet her again. “Actually it’s really nice to see you again.”

She just nodded. She didn’t sure her feeling at the moment. A part of her was still in shock, but another part was pleased to see him.

He cleared his throat. “If you don’t mind, can I ask you to join me for you for a cup of coffee?”

“Excuse me?” She was surprised by the invitation. I’m damn surprised to see my ex-boyfriend appear in front of me out of nowhere, and he asks me for coffee? That would be awkward. She talked in her mind.

“Yoona?” He called. “I’m sorry. I know this is so sudden, but don’t get me wrong, I’m asking as a friend...an old friend. I just want to talk to you, catching up.” He saw hesitation through her gesture. “But if you’re busy, then it’s okay. I totally understand.” He smiled faintly.  

She inhaled a deep breath and looked down at her feet. She was torn apart. She didn’t know what to say. Although she was still surprised to see him, but a tiny bit of her heart was happy to see him again. He was a good boyfriend, but their busy life forced them to be apart and finally decided to end up their relationship. She was so heartbroken back then. But she found love again, with Jonghyun.

“So I guess the answer is no?” He broke the long silence.

She looked at him, feeling a bit guilty. “No…I mean coffee is fine, but if people see us together in public, it would definitely cause a scandal. With my status as someone’s wife, I can’t let that happen.”

He nodded. “I totally understand that.” He looked stra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter