The Sorrow III

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: The storyline is the continuation of the previous chapter.

Both of them were still standing at the door as they were both caught up in their emotion. Yoona couldn’t stop crying. The longing she had for her husband was greater than anything. She missed him so much. The time they’ve been apart was the hardest so far. Not only because she missed him, but also because she knew how helpless she was without him by her side. She needed support, but the support she’d been looking for wasn’t there. It was totally heartbroken to think of such thing. At the time, her man was standing in her arms and she never want to let him go; not even for a second.

Jonghyun on the other hand stayed in silent as long as he can. His mind can’t form the best words to comfort her, but his heart just wanted to enjoy the moment of having his wife back in his arms like they used to. He didn’t want to let go.

Minutes passed without they even realize how long they’ve been hugging. She slowly moved as he loosened the embrace. She wiped the tears with the back of her hands. “I ruined your shirt.” She said as she sniffled.

He smiled a faint smile as he looked at her. “No need to worry about my shirt. Look at you…” He touched her face and searched for her puffy-red eyes. Oh God, what have I done?, his inner self asked.

She tilted her eyes to him in a soft sniffle. She never cried so hard in her life. She swallowed hard, tried to compose herself before speaking. “What bring you here?”

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. He knew he needed to control himself and be as rational as possible. Whatever problem they had, it needed to be solved in a diplomatic way. No more argument, no more fighting, no more anger. They need to sit down and talk like two civilized adults. “There’s something I need to talk to you. Can we sit down?” He motioned her to the couch at the living hall.

She walked towards the couch with him following from behind. She sat on the corner of the couch, him on the other corner. There was gab between them; representing the unresolved matter that brought them apart. He put the envelope by his side; not trying to hide it and not trying to make it too obvious. They tried to be as comfortable as they could. But truth to be told, the atmosphere was rather uncomfortable than they thought.

“So what bring you here?” She asked the question again as she turned off the music with the small device. His sudden appearance at the house was quite a surprise to her. Technically, it was still his house, she was still his wife and nothing quite changed about that fact. But who knows what really happened in between the time they’ve been apart.

He pressed his lips into a thin line. He looked at her intently. “First of all, I’m here because I miss my wife. And I miss my house. People said that there’s no place on earth as better as home.” He smiled as he sat comfortably in the couch. He tried to light up the mood, although he knew it might lead to nothing. But at least he tried.

She smiled a weak smile to him. “Whoever said that was right. But it’s no better when you live in it alone.” She spoke her mind cynically. She then looked away, avoiding his gaze.

He released a soft sigh. He didn’t know how to respond to that. She was right. He was the one who left the home. But it was a right thing to do to prevent their marriage from fracture too much than what it has already been. “I know things haven’t been good between us lately. I must admit it was hard on me too. My day-to-day life was quite messed up. So how are you?”

“I’m good. Well, not too good as you can see now. But I’m hanging there.” She wiped the line of tears on her cheeks with the back of her hand.

“I’m sorry for what happen to us. I just need some times alone to think about it. So I’m sorry for not coming home.” He looked at the tiles of the living room. The guilt the felt at the moment brought him shame to face his wife in the eye.

“Do you think it is best for us to stay separate like this?” She suddenly blurted the question.

“What do you mean?” His eyebrows creased instantly when he heard the question.

“Look at us now. Even being in the same room makes us uncomfortable.” Her eyes then noticed the envelope by his side. “What is that?” She asked, referring to the envelope. She glanced at it with so much anticipation. She didn’t know what was in it; it could be anything good or bad.

“Something important.” He glanced at the envelope and moved his sight back to his wife. “There’s something that I need to discuss with you.”

She looked at him with curiosity linger in her head. His expression was unreadable. She tried to guess the content of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter