The Sorrow II

Love Found Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine evening and it was her off day. No schedule for at least 2 weeks. The filming was done two days ago and she was relieved to finally be able to really rest. She sat in the living room with the sound of slow ballad song in the background. She was wearing a long sleeves plain t-shirt, blue in color and matched it with knee length faded grey leggings. It was comfy outfit she could think of for the day. She let her long hair rest on her shoulder, feeling free of any hair spray. She leaned her head against the sofa as her tightly held the warm mug in her hand. The feeling was so relaxing and peaceful. The calmness of the room slowly rubs out the tiredness she felt on her shoulder.

But somehow, being at home was kind of torture; emotionally. The medium size living room felt extremely empty. Every single corner of the house reminded her of Jonghyun; her husband that she practically ‘lost’ for quite a while. The house seemed to be quieter than it used to. She glanced at their wedding picture placed nicely on the shelf near the TV. Suddenly the feeling sadness struck her heart. She can’t deny that she missed him so much; so damn much it make her heart ached. She stared at the wedding photo. He looked so dapper in black tuxedo with his hair raked nicely. She was in her pearl-white satin sheath wedding dress with laces short sleeves.  The veil was pulled backward. They were facing at each other. He circled his arms around her waist while one of her hand gently touched his face.  They were smiling happily. Their wedding bands were visible in the photo. A faint smile unknowingly appeared as she remembered every single moment of their big day. Their journey to the aisle wasn’t easy but they finally made it.

 

****flashback****

It was a week before her wedding. Her family and Jonghyun’s family were gathered at a resort in Jeju. It was his father’s idea to gather both families in a small vacation so that they could know each other better. The good thing was everybody was happy and enjoyed themselves. At night, both families sat together for dinner. It was almost 10pm and the big dinner was slowly subsided. The mothers excused themselves and headed to their respective room to rest while the fathers were still at the table, sipping a few drinks and talk. The soon-to-be in-laws seemed to enjoy each other’s company.

Yoona excused herself and took a stroll nearby the beach. She sat on the wood bench outside the restaurant; looking at the dark sky of Jeju and listening to the sound of waves. It was breezy, little cold but not too cold. As she enjoyed the dark scenery before her eyes, she heard a familiar voice calling her name. It was her fiancé.

“What are you doing here alone?” He asked and sat on the left side of her. “Aren’t you cold?” He put one arm around her shoulder.

She shook her head. “I’m fine.” She flashed a smile to him. “Looks like everybody are enjoying themselves. Moms are happy too. They both already head to bed, but I’m not yet sleepy so I was thinking of enjoying the night.”

“Without me?” He asked playfully.

She silently chuckled. “I saw you’re busy talking with your sister, so I don’t want to bother you.”

He smiled. Her consideration never failed to impress him. “Oh, my sister said she loves you wedding dress. I can’t wait to see you in it. I’m sure you’ll look gorgeous. If it’s up to me, I would marry you tomorrow morning.”

She giggled. His spontaneous side always make her laugh. “We still have a week left.  Be patient, Mr. Lee. I’m not going anywhere.”

Her giggle was contagious it make him unknowingly giggle too. He moved closer to her. “Fine, I’ll wait. A week seems too long though.”

“No, a week will pass like a snap of fingers. Besides, we’ve seen each other every day for 2 weeks straight. I’m afraid you might get bored of me. ” She grinned as she mocked him.

He scoffed. “That’s impossible. Why would I be bored of you? You’re my happy pill and I love the company of you. And my days are great with you.”

“You can say all nice things now, but who knows…you may get bored of me or tired of me someday. I’m not going to stay young like this forever, you know. I’ll get wrinkled and by that time you may find me boring and unattractive. So your days won’t be as great as now, I think

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter